• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Dragnet said:
Is this when using R1 to shoot? I thought I was the only one with this issue! Would be nice to know if it's been fixed..

Yeah, when using R1 to shoot. I wanna know if it's been fixed as well =/

TheKurgan

DeadGzuz said:
Jesus is this 2007? I use both controllers all the time (360 and 360 on PC, PS3), there is no difference - no cramping, no issues at all. This is a fanboy fallacy IMO, reaching for differences to justify not playing on a PS system. I should just quote your avatar...

Honestly, cramps? Are you a chick?

LOL

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Dragnet said:
Is this when using R1 to shoot? I thought I was the only one with this issue! Would be nice to know if it's been fixed..

I had to press really hard when I had shoot on either R1 or R2. Having shoot on R1 sucked the most because you had to -tap- the R2 trigger to use the grapple. Tapping triggers sucks enough as it is, let alone those horrible DS3 triggers.

deadgzuz said:
Jesus is this 2007? I use both controllers all the time (360 and 360 on PC, PS3), there is no difference - no cramping, no issues at all. This is a fanboy fallacy IMO, reaching for differences to justify not playing on a PS system. I should just quote your avatar...

Honestly, cramps? Are you a chick?

Fanboy fallacy? I have and love both consoles, and I absolutely fucking hate the triggers on the DS3. They're complete shit.

I actually gave up youtube and framerate to not have to use those things. And that's saying a lot.

I really wish sony would come out with a new controller.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
With the Real Triggers attached to L2/R2 I've had no problems using the PS3 controller. It makes using R2 for shooting tolerable.
Then again, I use it more than any other controller so my hand is probably warped to the shape of the dualshock.
I played the demo on 360 and the triggers are better for shooting for I didn't care for LB as the grapple button.

Anyways, I can't wait to finish this exam and get the hell outta here so I can get back to this awesome awesome game. I played for like 4 hours straight last night and I haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time.
<3

Snuggler said:
With the Real Triggers attached to L2/R2 I've had no problems using the PS3 controller. It makes using R2 for shooting tolerable.
Then again, I use it more than any other controller so my hand is probably warped to the shape of the dualshock.
I played the demo on 360 and the triggers are better for shooting for I didn't care for LB as the grapple button.

Anyways, I can't wait to finish this exam and get the hell outta here so I can get back to this awesome awesome game. I played for like 4 hours straight last night and I haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time.
<3

Yep, realtriggers on DS3 makes it better than the 360 controller for me. Bought them with my PS3 a while back, best $4.99 I ever spent.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
FuttBuck said:
Yep, realtriggers on DS3 makes it better than the 360 controller for me. Bought them with my PS3 a while back, best $4.99 I ever spent.

I've never heard of such things. 4.99? I'll give it a shot

TheKurgan

FuttBuck said:

I keep forgetting about those things. I will have to pick them up - I think walmart sell them, right? I can pick up the PS3 copy and these triggers at the same time.

brain_stew said:
So I take it that BOLO patch has been ported to the full game already then?

Yes it has, someone posted a link to it about two pages back - it's so much fun :p

Time to finally get that damn 1000m base jump.

Drewsky

Does anyone else think that the Sloth Demon black market guy sounds kinda like Shawn Elliott's Whiskey Nerd from GFW?

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Yes it has, someone posted a link to it about two pages back - it's so much fun :p

Time to finally get that damn 1000m base jump.

I can't find the link. Would you mind posting it so I can add it to the OP?

Cday

Banned
Took me at least 45 minutes to get from Blaine's (Blair?) safehouse to the plane that was in the demo. Saw some things, blew some things up. It was a nice trip.

Wiggum2007

I highly recommend doing a fly-over of the island in the very center of the map, taking a look down at it as you do so. :lol

I just spent about an hour and a half trying to get 100% at this airport. The last little crate I had to find wasn't even in the vicinity of the airport.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to get 100% so bad is because it has this really cool jet that fires both Autocannons and Rockets. Its so badass. :)

Anyone else run into the glitch where there are LITERALLY no pedestrians, or vehicles in the game except for faction, and police vehicles? On 360 BTW. Had to reload a save from like 2 hours earlier. SUPER annoying. A bunch of people have run into the glitch on the official forums as well.

Net_Wrecker said:
Anyone else run into the glitch where there are LITERALLY no pedestrians, or vehicles in the game except for faction, and police vehicles? On 360 BTW. Had to reload a save from like 2 hours earlier. SUPER annoying. A bunch of people have run into the glitch on the official forums as well.
Someone said this a page or two back as well, where cars just stop spawning. They said it was the second time as well (on PS3 too, so I guess it's a problem with all platforms or just consoles).

Can't see it being a major problem though if all it requires is a re-load of the game save. And considering the amount of effort Eidos are putting in with pre and post release, I doubt it won't be patched soon, esp if a lot of people are experiencing it.

bridegur

This is one game that could actually benefit from a bit more gore. Slamming into the ground from a thousand feet should have more exciting results.

UFRA

Mechanical Snowman said:
Someone said this a page or two back as well, where cars just stop spawning. They said it was the second time as well (on PS3 too, so I guess it's a problem with all platforms or just consoles).

Can't see it being a major problem though if all it requires is a re-load of the game save. And considering the amount of effort Eidos are putting in with pre and post release, I doubt it won't be patched soon, esp if a lot of people are experiencing it.

Also I saw some websites mention this glitch in their reviews. So it is definitely an issue across all platforms it seems.

Sanic

Anybody figure out how far out of the map you can go yet? I've been driving into open ocean for 30 minutes with a fast boat (should have done a plane, but w/e) and it hasn't stopped me yet.

EDIT: Well the terrain isn't even rendering anymore so i'm just gonna call it a day and so you can go out forever.

Pandoracell said:
Anybody figure out how far out of the map you can go yet? I've been driving into open ocean for 30 minutes with a fast boat (should have done a plane, but w/e) and it hasn't stopped me yet.

EDIT: Well the terrain isn't even rendering anymore so i'm just gonna call it a day and so you can go out forever.
Pretty cool but not surprising, you could go out to unlimited range in GTA:SA too, and that's a 6 year old game, so it can't be too hard a feature to implement.

Only 1 day to go before I'm conveniently sick for Uni :D

Sanic

Mechanical Snowman said:
Pretty cool but not surprising, you could go out to unlimited range in GTA:SA too, and that's a 6 year old game, so it can't be too hard a feature to implement.

I had no idea, I don't remember trying it in that game, or really any for that matter, so I wasn't aware it was common.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wow this game is on steroids! Flying planes is incredible! Anyone know if there will mod tools released for this?

If someone made a fligh sim mod out of this it would be incredible!

All I would want would be :

-Plane Cockpit view
-Flight dynamics
-altimeter (that's really needed even right now)
-Plane pack (raptor, f16, mustang p 51 etc).
-Plane controls, rudder, flaps etc
-Weather options

Anyway loving every minute out of this game! Doesn't even need missions... the open world is more than enough lol :)!

Maybe wished there was coop, double teaming a base on hardcore would be awesome ;)!

Has anyone
traveled northwest, towards the top of the map and seen the HUGE tower structure that seems to be generating electricity/storm clouds etc etc. I flew over it with my little jet and that shit blew me the fuck up. I came to the conclusion that it's some type of weapon using electricity (After climbing it). Still couldn't get the 1000m base jump. This thing reminded me of Tesla or something. I suggest everyone check it out!

Sanic

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Has anyone
traveled northwest, towards the top of the map and seen the HUGE tower structure that seems to be generating electricity/storm clouds etc etc. I flew over it with my little jet and that shit blew me the fuck up. I came to the conclusion that it's some type of weapon using electricity (After climbing it). Still couldn't get the 1000m base jump. This thing reminded me of Tesla or something. I suggest everyone check it out!

Yeah, a couple of people have posted about it in the thread. I guess you go there for a (agency?) mission later on in the game.

For the base jump achievement, you can get it by jumping off of the
top of the mile high club, the blimp part

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Has anyone

Yeah man i went there... scary shit when my plane was ripped apart by that!

Pandoracell said:
Yeah, a couple of people have posted about it in the thread. I guess you go there for a (agency?) mission later on in the game.

It's for one of the factions. Damn fine mission, at that.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Has anyone
Pandoracell said:

DarkoMaledictus said:
MrTroubleMaker said:
ever notice the time change when your at the
mile high club
, it always changes your time to 3 am, even makes time go in reverse to get it there :lol
foomfoom415 said:
:lol You guys want to make those spoilers any more tempting to click? :(

Sanic

MrTroubleMaker said:
same for me :lol

:lol

ever notice the time change when your at the
mile high club
, it always changes your time to 3 am, even makes time go in reverse to get it there :lol

I never really noticed that :lol How do you find out the exact time?

Mechanical Snowman said:
:lol You guys want to make those spoilers any more tempting to click? :(

I guess they're not really spoilers, but better safe than sorry. It's all about locations.

foomfoom415 said:

Sweet, can't wait.

Pandoracell said:

Oh shit thanks man, I didn't think to check that out. That seems like cake.

I'm having so much fun. That small jet when fully upgraded is killer.

DarkoMaledictus said:

Haha same thing happened to me, I was so confused for a second!

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Can you buy ammo from the black market dealer? I finished that mission early on where you jump from the moving cars with the drunk guy driving, and I finished it with no ammo. Now I don't know what to do. Can't find ammo out in the world, and the black market guy seems to want to sell me guns only, no bullets. Suggestions?

Sanic

Eggo said:
Can you buy ammo from the black market dealer? I finished that mission early on where you jump from the moving cars with the drunk guy driving, and I finished it with no ammo. Now I don't know what to do. Can't find ammo out in the world, and the black market guy seems to want to sell me guns only, no bullets. Suggestions?

As far as i'm aware you can only call in guns. I find myself calling in heat, killing a few guys via melee/grapple and taking their guns.

NIN90 said:
Did anyone do
that awesome thing that people without the game can't do? :(

Yes.
And it was awesome!

Top Bottom