• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

TheBez said:
I installed this game but the cutscenes are way out of whack. The audio does not play correctly with what is going on. Does/did anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?
This is why I game on a console. It's always something and I don't have time for it.

Brannon

I'm hoping somebody can help me.

I've tried to play the game again, but every time the beginning intro finishes and it's about to load the game, it just hard-locks my PC with a black loading screen, and there's no option but to reboot? Is there any way to fix this? Everything I've found so far refers to Nvidia problems from months ago.

Blizzard

Banned
Brannon said:
I'm hoping somebody can help me.

I've tried to play the game again, but every time the beginning intro finishes and it's about to load the game, it just hard-locks my PC with a black loading screen, and there's no option but to reboot? Is there any way to fix this? Everything I've found so far refers to Nvidia problems from months ago.
I didn't have any problems. If you have up-to-date audio and video drivers I'm not sure what to suggest. You could try posting your PC and OS specs as well just in case someone has advice.

Enco said:
Thought I'd make a list of the mods I use to help others who are new:

Improved Mine Explosions - The default mine explosion isn't too great and this mod has many varieties you can choose from. I like to use the Air Explosion as it's the most balanced. I think it's a must.

Less Psychic Police - Like in Oblivion, the cops tend to come after you if you hijack a plane over the middle of nowhere. Luckily this mod helps that.

No Black Market Cutscenes - Self explanatory. They get EXTREMELY annoying after a while so this combats that.

Black Market Free - This makes all items free (clearly). I just got this recently as someone here talked about how you shouldn't have ammo limitations in a game like this and I agreed with him. The reason I use two different black market mods is that I don't really want to unlock every vehicle in the game because that takes away some of the adventure (if that makes sense).

Longer Grappling Hook - Makes the game much more fun. Your whip will also be more powerful. I don't think the speed really changes. Just the length. Sometimes your old grappling hook doesn't disappear straight away but this is a minor graphical glitch.

HD clouds - Not necessary but they look cool.

how do i install these? just dl them and move them to my just cause 2 steam folder?

Enco

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how do i install these? just dl them and move them to my just cause 2 steam folder?
Create a folder in your main JC directory and name it Dropzone. Put everything there.

cabot said:
some master race, huh?
Nah, I wasn't trying to be like that. I wouldn't mind playing on a PC, but there's always something going wrong. I just like the worry free consoles. I'll get into PC gaming someday though.

7F1A10E1AFBE726A920FB1B3B6839D2CCB7241DE

I like Spider Cause 2, good times.

09079FFB92A14C747B0D8D850A0DE6BB0B5A5B9F

I hated this game at first, the first two missions are probably the worst opening to a game in recent memory, they don't even give any hints of what is possible in the game (vehicles in particular).

kevinski

Banned
I'm playing through this game for the second time now, this time through OnLive. My God...I hate the city areas in this game. I'm stuck at 97% in one of them, and I've been gliding around for hours in search of what I expect to be a gas station that has yet to be destroyed. If there's a Just Cause 3, then I pray that it doesn't contain areas like this.

Salaadin

kevinski said:
I'm playing through this game for the second time now, this time through OnLive. My God...I hate the city areas in this game. I'm stuck at 97% in one of them, and I've been gliding around for hours in search of what I expect to be a gas station that has yet to be destroyed. If there's a Just Cause 3, then I pray that it doesn't contain areas like this.
I have a city area at 100% but it doesnt register as being completed. Im guessing there is one more item somewhere that registers as .33% or something but the game rounds up and gave me 100%. Unless its glitched.

kevinski

Banned
Salaadin said:
I have a city area at 100% but it doesnt register as being completed. Im guessing there is one more item somewhere that registers as .33% or something but the game rounds up and gave me 100%. Unless its glitched.

I remember that happening the first time that I played. I'm in the Residential District right now, where I'm pretty sure that each item *is* worth less than 1%. That's why I'm pretty sure that I'm missing a gas station, because there's no way that I'm missing this many individual items.

EDIT: D'oh. I missed one of the outlying areas with a statue, two drops and a propaganda trailer.

sfedai0

Banned
I have the PS3 version and its fucking freezing on the mission where I have to destroy the oil rig. Only way to fix it was to quit the mission.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
sfedai0 said:
I have the PS3 version and its fucking freezing on the mission where I have to destroy the oil rig. Only way to fix it was to quit the mission.

How far is that one into the game? I finally picked it up used (near impossible to find) and am gung-ho'ing it right now. Last year I spent about 30 hours on the demo (kept glitching out of the time limit), and am in heaven. ;)

I'll try the Oil Rig on my 60GB PS3 and see if it freezes here too.

Chris R

Has that one patch been updated to work with the steam version again yet? Bato or something like that. I never did use it but was waiting for them to get it updated to work with steam again before jumping in for some more sandbox luvin.

mocoworm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!

I can't make new threads. Can someone please post this for me.

Just Cause 3 in development - report

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-26-just-cause-3-in-development-report

Work on a third installment in Avalanche Studios' Just Cause series is underway, with the finished game due out some time next year, so says Xbox World magazine sources. As reported by CVG, a note in the UK publication's news section reads: "Our spies say devs Avalanche are hard at work as we speak, and that it's set for release next year."
Publisher Sega has so far declined to comment but, if true, a sequel wouldn't come as much of a surprise.

Earlier this year, series creator Christofer Sundberg told Eurogamer that the developer was working on two "huge" titles for release in 2013.

"I can't see that Avalanche wouldn't want to continue on the Just Cause series," added senior producer Andreas Thorsén said. "We love that franchise."

The last entry in the open world action series arrived on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2010, winning an 8/10 from Eurogamer. Check out our Just Cause 2 review for details.

Since then the Swedish developer has released excellent downloadable twin stick shooter Renegade Ops and opened a New York office to work on an unannounced next-gen project.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
So, after searching forever to find a used copy I got one a couple months ago. Now @ 70 hrs @ 56% complete. In Merc mode now, just need to finish those damn villages and a couple of Faction missions, and 3 more trophies before Platinum.

Anyone plat it for the PS3?

(Oh, further to my previous post -- no Oil Rigs froze for me...)

Kerub

Banned
I never get tired of attaching civilians to the Rowling helicopter and flying them to the top of mountains/tall buildings.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
I never get tired of attaching civilians to the Rowling helicopter and flying them to the top of mountains/tall buildings.

I hope Just Cause 3 allows for at least a 3-point grapple. More would be even better. (Like the Bolo mod for the PC apparently...)

TheBear

Anyone know any good mods or trainers for JC2? Just want to sandbox it and play around but the difficulty and heat levels are pissing me off.

Just a heads up 2.49 today at Amazon and can be activated on Steam.

Awesome game, beautiful graphics, high reply value. Don't waste any more time.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
LOVE THIS GAME.

I just started playing it again. I'm 68% through, just going from settlement to settlement completing them. I'm on 360 and I think the graphics are gorgeous, can't imagine what it must look like on PC.

Grinchy

Banned
LOVE THIS GAME.

I just started playing it again. I'm 68% through, just going from settlement to settlement completing them. I'm on 360 and I think the graphics are gorgeous, can't imagine what it must look like on PC.

I did this recently too. Added like another 12 hours or so of play time. It gets really addicting to clear all the settlements. I really like getting the airports discovered so that I can grab a good plane from any region on the map.

PowerK

Has it been patched so that these commandline options don't work anymore (Steam launch options) ?
I cannot get them to work.
Code:
/failsafe           Start in failsafe mode (settings ignored)
/fullscreen         Fullscreen mode
/windowed           Windowed mode
/borderless         Borderless windowed mode
/width=n            Width in pixels  (fullscreen/windowed)
/height=n           Height in pixels (fullscreen/windowed)
/widthFS=n          Width in pixels  (fullscreen)
/heightFS=n         Height in pixels (fullscreen)
/widthW=n           Width in pixels  (windowed)
/heightW=n          Height in pixels (windowed)
/msaa=n             MSAA sample count
/refreshrate=n      Refresh rate in Hz
/vsync=b            Enable/disable V-sync
/dxadapter=i        Use DirectX adapter at specified index
/dxbuffers=n        SwapChain buffer count (1-3, default: 3 with vsync on, 1 without)
/dxframelatency=n   Maximum frame latency (1-3, default: 3)
/aniso=n            Anisotropic filter (0-7, default: 7)
/shadows=n          Shadow quality (0-2, default: 1)
/shadowres=n        Shadow resolution (0-1, default: 0)
/shadowcull=f       Shadow object cull factor (default: 1.0)
/shadowcullnear=f   Shadow object cull factor near (default: 1.0)
/shadowcullmiddle=f Shadow object cull factor middle (default: 1.0)
/shadowcullfar=f    Shadow object cull factor far (default: 1.0)
/ssao=b             Enable/disable SSAO (default: disabled)
/hbao=b             Enable/disable HBAO method for SSAO (default: enabled)
/plspec=b           Enable/disable pointlight specular (default: disabled)
/posteffects=b      Enable/disable posteffects (default: enabled)
/lodfactor=n        Geometric detail (0-3, default: 0)
/decals=b           Enable/disable decals
/edgefade=b         Enable/disable edge fade effect
/filmgrain=b        Enable/disable film grain effect
/frameratecap=n     Lock framerate to the specified FPS
/fovfactor=f        FOV factor (default: 1.0)
/inputsmoothing=f   Input smoothing (default: 1.0)

b=boolean, (0 or 1)
n = number (integer)

Jtrizzy

This game is $5 on Steam right now. Good game so far, although it's a little on the hard side. I'm still trying to tweak settings, I was getting down in the low 40's is some places with everything maxed i7@4.2/580.

PowerK

Regarding those commanline options not working,
I've tried both launching via Steam shorcut with those options *and* right clicking the game clicking properties and setting the launch options using the "Set Launch Options" button.

None of them works. :-( Any idea ?

crispyben

I did this recently too. Added like another 12 hours or so of play time. It gets really addicting to clear all the settlements. I really like getting the airports discovered so that I can grab a good plane from any region on the map.

Same here, I picked it up again last week after almost two years and I am now at 68% in Mercenary. It actually looks like I'm going to hit 75%, and the game's still as fun as ever (especially traversal, gunplay not so much). I'm going for a mix of faction items, killing colonels, challenges and completing locations. It's a slow crawl, but I go and shoot up an oil rig when I'm feeling antsy! I'm not sure I'll go for the hardcore playthrough straight away, though...

Raptomex

This game is pretty fantastic for action fans. Nothing else. The story is just "eh" at least in my opinion. This game is huge.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Goddamn. This game. THIS FUCKING GAME. Nearly 80 hours in and it's STILL blowing my mind.

So I was working on clearing a settlement. However, things went bad and I found myself in a tight spot. Low health, enemies swarming me, you know, the usual. I happened to notice one of those race challenge icons not too far from where I was. I thought I remembered that starting a race challenge cleared your heat. I started the challenge, and quickly found out that I was mistaken. But I figured, what the hell, why not? So, long story short, I did the entire challenge with a heat level. First car got blown up, so I hopped on a military motorcycle and continued on. Well, I wrecked that one not far from the finish (barely survived the explosion, too), so I hopped in a civilian truck to finish up the challenge. However, by this point I was surrounded by enemies firing away at me. I just barely made it to the finish, and my truck was on fire.

That's right, I drove a flaming truck through the finish line.

Holy fucking shit.

I wish I'd had the foresight to start recording when I started the challenge. But I didn't, so the last 30 seconds will have to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdPQ6SX17Q

EDIT: Just hit 75%, finally! :D

Goddamn. This game. THIS FUCKING GAME. Nearly 80 hours in and it's STILL blowing my mind.

So I was working on clearing a settlement. However, things went bad and I found myself in a tight spot. Low health, enemies swarming me, you know, the usual. I happened to notice one of those race challenge icons not too far from where I was. I thought I remembered that starting a race challenge cleared your heat. I started the challenge, and quickly found out that I was mistaken. But I figured, what the hell, why not? So, long story short, I did the entire challenge with a heat level. First car got blown up, so I hopped on a military motorcycle and continued on. Well, I wrecked that one not far from the finish (barely survived the explosion, too), so I hopped in a civilian truck to finish up the challenge. However, by this point I was surrounded by enemies firing away at me. I just barely made it to the finish, and my truck was on fire.

That's right, I drove a flaming truck through the finish line.

Holy fucking shit.

I wish I'd had the foresight to start recording when I started the challenge. But I didn't, so the last 30 seconds will have to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdPQ6SX17Q

EDIT: Just hit 75%, finally! :D

Hah, awesome. Reminds me of some of my crazier moments in GTA: San Andreas. Reminds me of the last tanker truck mission, which involves driving across the entire map in a fragile, easily-disconnected tanker truck with a 4-star wanted level all the way.

does anyone know if you can take a 360 save and use it on PC like you can with skyrim saves?

thinking of picking this up on my PC and messing with some mods, but i'm not real keen on the idea of losing all my progress from my 360 save.

Dries

Hey guys. I feel like playing Just Cause 2 on my new PC after playing it for 30 hours on my xbox. Is there a way I can transfer my 360 save file to the PC version and continue on the PC with my 360 save file?

Top Bottom