• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Stark

Banned
wEbb5X5l.jpg

Don't forget dat expression.

Good morning all.

Have some Cute.

T4O0fmp.jpg

Yay! Thank you cajun :D.

I'm not dead, I'm just sick! ... !!! I get up to do whatever I have to and then I go back to bed. Since I'm up, I shall say a few words.

Congrats on the new thread Chet, k-on talk, boobs, yuri, christmas in April, presents, caj, and cute.

ritsu.gif

Boo illness :(. Get better soon!

Add me on PSN/Wii u guys
PSN: DoomXploder7
Wii U: Dr.Palutena

I'd ask for 3ds friend codes but i'm lazy.

Will do after work, and I'll post up my 3DS friend code again as well.

Stark

Banned
There was a brief moment in EP1 where Yui has different clips in her hair.

I need to rewatch the series again soon I think.

Gonna re watch both seasons + movie after Friday. Well, as far as i can get for the weekend before I resume the new season and pick up new shows.

EDIT: have some cute to go with somewhat lewd
And combing them together to get this!
There was a brief moment in EP1 where Yui has different clips in her hair.

I need to rewatch the series again soon I think.

Yeah, I figured it was to show that it was a different day than the scene just before it, but it's kinda odd that you never see them again. Though maybe being a young girl she wanted to see what her friends thought of her different hair clip and no one responded so she shelved them indefinitely. /baselessassumptions

cajunator

Banned
Nah, if I'm gonna buy her, it'll be New. Don't want to take any chances. I'll let everyone know when I take the plunge!

I will cheer you on!

Its worth it though, trust me. I still have them displayed in front of my TV. the only issue is dust over time...

cjkeats

Be sure to check mandarake when you do plan to buy it. I have gotten a lot of very good priced figures from them.

Yui is the most affordable one. You might find her for 80$

Also, which K-On side characters are available by alter so far? I think nodoka and ui right?
I guess its time to buy those.

Hrm. She was much more expensive when I looked for her last summer. I do have an awful fat tax return coming.

If the alter Ui is the one I think it is where shes putting her hair up, it's adorable.

cajunator

Banned
Hrm. She was much more expensive when I looked for her last summer. I do have an awful fat tax return coming.

If the alter Ui is the one I think it is where shes putting her hair up, it's adorable.

yes.
I will have that one for sure.
Im looking on ebay now and Ui seems to range from 90-130$. Nodoka is a little lower. Even the side character figures are expensive!

Also, how do you guys get these huge tax returns? I can only manage a few hundred bucks back.

Well that one is your favorite, so I would expect you to.
I love me some Ritsu but I dont really collect multiple figures of a character, except for Kuroyukihime and Kuroneko.
Yeah, I guess I should say that I want to eventually amass a huge K-ON! collection, but I'd be fine with just getting Mio figures.
Yui is the most affordable one. You might find her for 80$

Also, which K-On side characters are available by alter so far? I think nodoka and ui right?
I guess its time to buy those.
Yeah, they're the only ones from Alter so far.
Also, thanks, Chet.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/44942

I really want this now lol.
Yeah, I really like those, and since they were sold exclusively on the KyoAni store, they make me want to get them even more.
I kinda wish they'd do ones for all the girls in their Listen!! get up.
Hrm. She was much more expensive when I looked for her last summer.

The yen has dropped in value significantly since then. It's like close to $1 = ¥100 again.
yes.
I will have that one for sure.
Im looking on ebay now and Ui seems to range from 90-130$. Nodoka is a little lower. Even the side character figures are expensive!
Nodoka should be cheaper since it was just released earlier this year.

Stark

Banned
Yeah, I really like those, and since they were sold exclusively on the KyoAni store, they make me want to get them even more.
I kinda wish they'd do ones for all the girls in their Listen!! get up.

Do you think they will? or too late for that?

True. Always feel limited product lines are only one time things.

And it's not like the Don't Say Lazy figures were all released at the same time.

Though really if there's going to be any K-ON! ED outfit figures, it would probably end up being the ones from the movie's credits, Singing. Which there are already some chibi figures that KyoAni has on their shop I think.

Kazzy

And it's not like the Don't Say Lazy figures were all released at the same time.

Though really if there's going to be any K-ON! ED outfit figures, it would probably end up being the ones from the movie's credits, Singing. Which there are already some chibi figures that KyoAni has on their shop I think.

Yes. and I do want this:

OWvQl67.jpg

k4wxXd5.jpg

Kazzy

It makes me wonder how big the figure market actually is.

Do popular figures get print runs of a few tens of thousands?

I profess to knowing very little about the actual intricacies of that market, but I'd assume for something so niche, a small production run could be viewed as prestigious, and helps to boost their brand value.

It makes sense, but is absolutely maddening for someone with anyone with a passing interest. It's the exact same conundrum I find myself facing when trying to acquire prints (or most things for that matter). You're at the mercy of the "collectors", who know more, pay more, and dedicate way more time than you're ever realistically likely to yourself.

Top Bottom