• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

milkham

a9hUaq4.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For me Gayoung came out of nowhere and stole top position for this song, but I will admit Junyool has the brightest charisma on stage. Overall I think Stellar is above some other nugus like Poten, who seem nervous/stiff all the time, but they haven't quite learned to sell it (whatever it may be) like, say, 9muses. They are maybe better than half the members of GFriend and worse than the other half. They are far behind Sonamoo and very far behind AOA, A Pink, Mamamoo, etc. The whole sexy vs cute debate doesn't mean so much if you're just bad at making a captivating performance. I mean Girl's Day faced the same issues, but the difference is that Girl's Day knows how to make a party.

Edit: Hara is pro-tats?

luso

Stellar - Vibrato (Pure Cute Version Dance Practice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMAOiBwhPds&feature=share

Hyoeun too perfect.

I thought the captions was yours but it's really the official name...
Waiting for a "Individual Close-up VR 360º 60fps 4K Pure Sexy Cute Version Dance Practice" some day...

woow great pics of tae milkham :p <3

cant believe you were this close to them..
kappa

Photo lens? Or it was really that close? I was once 5-7 meters away of a SMTown concert stage edge but 1) I had a crappy point-and-shot camera 2) I wanted to enjoy the concert more than taking (crappy) photos or filming - although I did it a little. Otherwise I would be living the concert through a camera viewfinder, that's nasty.

llehuty

ZE:A J Chinese Single :: Marry Me Official MV
This is shit, but I'll take it if it manages to get some profits to fund 9muses next comeback. I'm really curious about this shift Star Empire is taking to focus on the chinese market.

Wow, they are reaching with their ZE:A sub-units. Popular boy Dongjun featuring Kevin + some other irrelevant members to give them something to do. Well, as you said, they probably have just enough fans to make profit on merchandise and appearances in China.

llehuty

Queens of multimedia KARA didn't have enough releasing a fitness DVD, now they are releasing a book.

When will your faves?
(For some reason, it also includes an interview with Rainbow).

Wow, they are reaching with their ZE:A sub-units. Popular boy Dongjun featuring Kevin + some other irrelevant members to give them something to do. Well, as you said, they probably have just enough fans to make profit on merchandise and appearances in China.

I don't think they have done a full group release after all that drama with the leader. I wonder how much time do they have left under Star Empire...

Teaser_&#54532;&#46972;&#51060;&#47672;&#47532;(Primary)_&#45348;&#51068; &#54664;&#50612; (Feat. &#48149;&#51221;&#54788;) (Hello)
Legit surprised that nobody posted this before.

ZE:A J Chinese Single :: Marry Me Official MV
This is shit, but I'll take it if it manages to get some profits to fund 9muses next comeback. I'm really curious about this shift Star Empire is taking to focus on the chinese market.

Primary teaser is nice! Idk how I missed that either...

Also, how is ZE:A/Star Empire still struggling these days? They've got MBC money now, or are they using Kwanghee's IC money to fund their remaining debt??

T-ara fansites shut down after T-ara shows attitude at 'IAC' Monday

First comment explains everything quite nicely.

Long story short, T-ara didn't interact with the dots as much as they wanted. Though fan accounts from one person show they did acknowledge Queen's several times and even greet them but seems it wasn't enough. They say they were being ignored.

Dots raged on Twitter, all went on rest mode as a form of protest. Meldot called it quits, saying they wanna get on with their life basically.

Hyomdot : /

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I can't believe how a Twitter squabble literally sunk the career of one of the best girl groups out there. It's been years...And the hate still flows.

feist_

Banned
273E773B558AD93620902F

It\s less about singing and dancing than personality, especially in a group like f(x) where their unique character is so essential (and the songs not reliant on belting, nor sharp routines). And it's less about laziness than being yourself, finding some sort of outsider, rebel-y voice in the thick of the k-pop machine.
I believe we both agreed about this years ago in an older thread. I still agree for the most part, but it's hard to ignore that with that came some detrimental aspects which surfaced from time to time, such as Red Light comeback. It is what it is...

Would want more info on T-ara before forming a conclusion. I've seen numerous Korean photogs shutdown their fansites for the oddest reasons. Still, considering T-ara's main dot sites have largely stood by them despite all that's transpired in recent years, the group and management should be deft in handling their limited interactions.

ramyeon

Lion Heart will be released on August 18th at 12PM KST, and You Think August 19th at 12AM KST. Each version has 6 songs for a total of 12 songs. I assume that it's one physical version with a staggered/separated release on digital music platforms.

Edit: I really hope this will be a solid album. I don't expect anything on Reboot/Pink Tape levels but at least a cohesive line up of tracks with some interesting songs beyond the title tracks.

If you're a fan of an idol you should respect that you are the ones following them around because you admire them. Getting upset because they don't return your attention, even if you own a dedicated website to the idol and whatnot, is just silly and bitter. But, tbh, I've read things comparing the T-ara fandom to some kind of mean girls group of girls. My friend is a big T-ara fan and got in contact with them when she travelled to Korea, and the owners of the big fansites are known to be kinda bitchy. That's just gossip though, don't take my word for it.

ramyeon

So are we getting the IC music festival songs at midnight?
Nope, as far as I know it's going to be the same as every year (They'll release after the broadcast).

I think some reports said they would release it the day before the concert but that turned out to not be true, at least that's what the latest reports say:

http://mbn.mk.co.kr/pages/news/newsView.php?category=mbn00012&news_seq_no=2489719

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015081110190158395&type=1&outlink=1

---

Wonder Girls - Candle Dance Practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEvkPCcFDf4

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I wonder how fansites/companies work in situations like this. Where is the line drawn between petty fangirling versus you have to pander to us as we are your whale customers.

Fans always seem to buy into the heat for the IAC. MBC is totally politicking and there are always a few injuries but as a whole the show is a fun watch. There are opportunities for lesser known stars to get over and it's an easy chance to socialize and fool around for everyone.

llehuty

&#51088;&#47700;&#51592; Ja Mezz - Pilot Official M/V
Someone not waiting his time to bank on SMTM fame. No idea about the lyrics, but it's musically very boring. I wasn't a fan to begin with, anyway.
Edit: Last episode subbed (autoplay bullshit link)

VIXX LR - 'Beautiful Liar' Teaser (Ravi Ver.)

[M/V] EE (&#51060;&#51060;) - (g)(u)(n)(g)(d)(u)(n)(g)(s)(o)(n)(g) (&#44165;&#45929;&#49569;)
Long time since I didn't link one of these completely awful releases to troll No No Eul's playlist. :p

The T-ara fansites have now apologized. Lol at the endless stupidity.
Didn't this same thing happen last year in the same event to After School. I think the problem with this is that all the fandoms get the chance of how other fandom-group dynamics work. Probably salty about the desperatepandering and fan service of boy groups.

This is nice. First time I actually see or hear the guy
sorry k-indie GAF
. Anyone has a convenient playlist or highlights to get into his group?

Also, how is ZE:A/Star Empire still struggling these days? They've got MBC money now, or are they using Kwanghee's IC money to fund their remaining debt??

I doubt Kwanghee's money is enough to cover the necessity of their big as fuck groups (ZE:A and 9muses) + theyhave a new rookie male group called Imfact (lol) later this year. They had gladly learned they lesson and the grou only has 5 members or something.

Keeping the topic on Star Empire, for some weird reason ZE:A J has another release today (now in japan):
ZE:A J japan Single :: &#21531;&#12398;&#12381;&#12400;&#12395;~Love to you~ Official MV
I wonder if they are disbanding soon and Star Empire is trying t milk them while they can. But weird that they would keep Kwanghee and Siwan outside of a subunit that only seems to release MVs without promo.

No No Eul

I quite like the sort of Mad Men-esque look of some of those Lion Heart teasers. I'm still not convinced the song is going to be any good but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Long time since I didn't link one of these completely awful releases to troll No No Eul's playlist. :p

Why llehuty, why!? :p

llehuty

^^^^ I'd would likely spend my bandwith in Wonder Girls goodness. Stay on this track feist.
Ain't nobody got time for CLC

So these nugus managed to escape my nugu radar for one year and a half somehow:

'K-Girls'(&#52992;&#51060;&#44152;&#51592;)

kgirls.jpg

kgirls_sub1_img_2.jpg

kgirls_sub1_img_5.jpg

[MV]K-GIRLS(&#52992;&#51060;&#44152;&#51592;) 'Fly High' Dated, but in a good nostalgic way.
[MV]K-GIRLS(&#52992;&#51060;&#44152;&#51592;) 'Not Bad' This had all the tools to be horrible (Ballad + cheap MV), but it's really classy and good

Woah, Come and Goes is really good. Going to give a spin to their last album.

Why llehuty, why!? :p
JF0TzU1.gif

If Hello Penis last releases have a place on the list, that also does.

Top Bottom