• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

Sqorgar

Banned
While true, it's Kamen Rider and only having it on one platform just seems odd to me.
The Musou series has been PS3-only for a while now. They sometimes release 360 ports internationally, but not in Japan. They did have Wii U ports of Shin Hokuto Musou and Warriors Orochi 3, but in both cases, the Wii U port was announce much later.

persona-gaf are u ok

post if ur ok

All good here man

tumblr_lotpvnadDh1qmhdzvo1_400.png

Beth Cyra

Really? I mean, really? The Tekken x SF rumor really would have been the better thing here.

P5 for another day then.
Do Persona Fans realize this is only a mid tier level franchise with a really dedicated fanbase?

Granted I find Persona diehard insufferable at the best of times, but in this case it's really dumb. Kamen Rider is huge a something like this has been requested since they started branching out the Muso franchise.

De-fucking-railed

Did all of Japan literally forget how to do this shit right?

For Japanese fans it's a good reveal. And considering Famitsu doesn't give a shit about the West, don't ever expect something that will appeal (or release) internationally.

De-fucking-railed

Did all of Japan literally forget how to do this shit right?

Well, Musou AND Kamen Rider are HUUUUGE in japan, so they did this right alright.

Edit: Megaten/Persona DOES overestimate how popular the series is there btw, its true man.

Listen, at this point Famitsu has to know that Western fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit Japan-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking Kamen Rider Musou game for PS3? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the Japanese gaming industry and media has no concept of their Western fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking Japanese game until Famitsu apologizes for this. The Japanese industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I fan perfectly believe KR is getting announced in this week's Famitsu, but I just can't believe it's what they were hyping. I just can't, there must be something else.

Making me doubt the Kamen Rider Musou thing now dude -_-
I don't think Rider Musou is fake. But Xenoblade 2 was mentioned in the same thread. II didn't want to make another thread for that. I don't think Nintendo would announce something like that in Famitsu.

Listen, at this point Famitsu has to know that Western fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit Japan-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking Kamen Rider Musou game for PS3? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the Japanese gaming industry and media has no concept of their Western fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking Japanese game until Famitsu apologizes for this. The Japanese industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.

Famitsu just shot themselves in the foot.

When Western gaming sources hype up reveals, they don't take Japanese fans into consideration.

Get over yourself. You are not a unique snowflake.

Erethian

You almost had me going there.

What. Dude, better be a troll man, what kind of logic is this. Gotta be a troll, too perfect.

Sandfox

Its not like westerners are importing their magazine or giving them any support whatsoever so they have no reason to care about us.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm just going to throw this in here, because from the same 2ch source and it's highly bullshit, but Xenoblade 2 for 2013.

No.

Xenoblade 2 is a HORRIBLE idea.

It goes against what people liked in Xenoblade...it was unique and fresh, while still being easily accessible. Churning out a sequel just goes against that, in my opinion.

Stark

Banned

You're kidding, right?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

ibzt1A9f36dQEo.gif

Drago

My sarcasm detector is broken...

I don't think Rider Musou is fake. But Xenoblade 2 was mentioned in the same thread. II didn't want to make another thread for that. I don't think Nintendo would announce something like that in Famitsu.

Yeah, there is no way Nintendo would reveal a game like that in Famitsu.

They'd just release it in a Nintendo Direct.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Famitsu just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to read Famitsu for either exclusives, nor will they care about Famitsu's reveals anymore. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Famitsu has alienated an entire market with this move.

Famitsu, publicly apologize and reveal stuff that appeals to Westerners, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

4KEZ1.gif

Delio

tumblr_mg4ruoHbqK1rrvp7ao1_400.gif

Top Bottom