• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

Order

Listen, at this point Famitsu has to know that Western fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit Japan-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking Kamen Rider Musou game for PS3? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the Japanese gaming industry and media has no concept of their Western fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking Japanese game until Famitsu apologizes for this. The Japanese industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.
I'm disappointed too, but really?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
3300+ posts... 600 posters... and the result is a game only a handful is willing play.

KuGsj.gif

Listen, at this point Famitsu has to know that Western fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit Japan-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking Kamen Rider Musou game for PS3? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the Japanese gaming industry and media has no concept of their Western fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking Japanese game until Famitsu apologizes for this. The Japanese industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.

This man is an expert.

Almost got me. :) 7/10.

Defuser

Muppet345, is that you?

This thread was heading in that direction anyway. Thought that cutting it off before it got there would be fun. Besides, there's always room for more Japanese-culture expert meme.

sappyday

Of course the only time I'm actually hoping that I would of heard from the 3 games I want the most (Persona 5, Versus XIII, TLG) it ends up being something completely different.

Oh well. Congrats to those who this news is exciting to.

shaowebb

Kamen Rider is ENORMOUS is Japan. Musou is damned big too overseas. I am a fan of BOTH. If this is all true. If this is true I will import it, buy a console for it and do whatever the hell I have to in order to own it.

I do not care. This is literally SO FUCKING AWESOME that I would buy consoles for it. Its that damned big for me. Seriously folks if all you know of this stuff is a rough guess based on experience watching Power Rangers in the US or the 2 terrible attempts to bring over Kamen Rider shows in English you have NO CLUE how good and fun these shows are overseas.

I am majorly hyped right now. Gimme those screenshots famitsu. Hit me with those details. My body is ready. MY BOOOOOOOODY IS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAADY!!!!!!!!!
kwcX7.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is there any legitimate way for Americans to watch Kamen Rider? Like, is it on any legal streaming site?

I've always wanted to check it out.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's not a troll if it actually is a big thing in Japan.

True, but I echo the sentiment of not quite understanding the gravity of such a title. I know that seinen shows, especially one with as much clout/pull as Kamen Rider are really big, but does the combo of that + Musou really have that much hype/anticipation?

fake edit: apparently they do. huh.

crinale

It has a potential to sell twice as much as CoD series do in Japan, so of course it's a "big" scoop for Famitsu, I guess.

Aren't you japanese? That alone makes it obvious you were joking but still. Lmao

Is there any legitimate way for Americans to watch Kamen Rider? Like, is it on any legal streaming site?

I've always wanted to check it out.

...Which one?

Shōwa era series

Kamen Rider (仮面ライダー Kamen Raidā?): 1971-1973
Kamen Rider V3 (仮面ライダーV3 Kamen Raidā Buisurī?): 1973-1974
Kamen Rider X (仮面ライダーX Kamen Raidā Ekkusu?): 1974
Kamen Rider Amazon (仮面ライダーアマゾン Kamen Raidā Amazon?): 1974-1975
Kamen Rider Stronger (仮面ライダーストロンガー Kamen Raidā Sutorongā?): 1975
Kamen Rider (Skyrider) (仮面ライダー(スカイライダー) Kamen Raidā (Sukairaidā?): 1979-1980
Kamen Rider Super-1 (仮面ライダースーパー1 Kamen Raidā Sūpā Wan?): 1980-1981
Birth of the 10th! Kamen Riders All Together!! (10号誕生!仮面ライダー全員集合!! Jūgō Tanjō! Kamen Raidā Zen'in Shūgō!!?): 1984
Kamen Rider Black (仮面ライダーBLACK Kamen Raidā Burakku?): 1987-1988
Kamen Rider Black RX (仮面ライダーBLACK RX Kamen Raidā Burakku Aru Ekkusu?): 1988-1989

Heisei era series

Kamen Rider Kuuga (仮面ライダークウガ Kamen Raidā Kūga?): 2000
Kamen Rider Agito (仮面ライダーアギト Kamen Raidā Agito?, Masked Rider ΑGITΩ): 2001
Kamen Rider Ryuki (仮面ライダー龍騎 Kamen Raidā Ryūki?): 2002
Kamen Rider 555 (仮面ライダー555(ファイズ) Kamen Raidā Faizu?, Masked Rider Φ's): 2003
Kamen Rider Blade (仮面ライダー剣(ブレイド) Kamen Raidā Bureido?, Masked Rider ♠): 2004
Kamen Rider Hibiki (仮面ライダー響鬼(ヒビキ) Kamen Raidā Hibiki?): 2005
Kamen Rider Kabuto (仮面ライダーカブト Kamen Raidā Kabuto?): 2006
Kamen Rider Den-O (仮面ライダー電王 Kamen Raidā Den'ō?): 2007
Kamen Rider Kiva (仮面ライダーキバ Kamen Raidā Kiba?): 2008
Kamen Rider Decade (仮面ライダーディケイド Kamen Raidā Dikeido?, Masked Rider DCD): 2009
Kamen Rider W (仮面ライダーW(ダブル) Kamen Raidā Daburu?): 2009-2010
Kamen Rider OOO (仮面ライダーOOO(オーズ) Kamen Raidā Ōzu?): 2010-2011
Kamen Rider Fourze (仮面ライダーフォーゼ Kamen Raidā Fōze?): 2011-2012
Kamen Rider Wizard (仮面ライダーウィザード Kamen Raidā Wizādo?): 2012-

Exactly, why would people be mad about Famitsu hyping a game that is relevant to their japanese audience? This is Japan's GTA. (not really, but you get my point)

When will we be free of the Tyranny of Musou. It's the laziest, shittiest franchise I can think of, and japanese companies seem to be tripping over their dicks to throw their properties at it.

Beth Cyra

It has a potential to sell twice as much as CoD series do in Japan, so of course it's a "big" scoop for Famitsu, I guess.
This could easily out do either Persona 5 or The Last Guardian in Japan, and given those are what Gaf wanted, yeah this is big.

the Musou/Warriors series is effectively their Call of Duty. Always, almost constantly the top seller when one comes out. Kamen Rider is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE too. Combine the two, and you really do got dosh in the bank man.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So what's the Capcom Surprise thing?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
In any case, back to the Persona waiting game it is. Ah well, wasn't expecting too much from Famitsu these days.

Previous thread was awesome though.

Gematsu apparently says it's like Musou, but no collaboration by Tecmo-Koei. Odd.

Delio

I wonder how the upgrade system would work out. In DW Gundam you gathered stronger blueprints and parts. I suppose it will just be like normal DW in that reguard then.

shaowebb

True, but I echo the sentiment of not quite understanding the gravity of such a title. I know that seinen shows, especially one with as much clout/pull as Kamen Rider are really big, but to the titles really sell that well/are that popular?

fake edit: apparently they are, huh.

They are enormous. Each year there is a show and several times through out the season it gets a theater release movie that crosses over with either the next big Kamen Rider or the last one in most cases. Lots of times there are multiple Riders crossing over from various shows and usually their are Ganbaride exclusive cards released at these events for the Kamen Rider Arcade games. These cards have data that let you play as forms otherwise unavailable or unheard of (Like Kamen Rider OOO's having a Panda combo form).

Lots of exclusive stuff at the theater and the movies tie into the show in most cases so those watching blow up the theaters in sales to keep up with the show. The shows themself are designed from the ground up on merchandise themes for toys. Lots of forms, powers and tons of really high end stuff that transforms, talks, light up and generally read devices. Hell the belts and weapons on the shows ARE the high end toys they sell and many folks buy them to try and hack the sensors or trick them in order to find out about unrevealed forms the Rider will have later.

TLDR
KAMEN RIDER IS FUCKING INSANE BIG OVER THERE. Its huge and the shows deserve the praise. They aren't the fluff we get over here even if they have their fair share of silly. Folks die, heroes fail, and the tones and themes of episodes often are pretty serious. Hell watch Blade to get a feel for things getting serious. If fun and silly is your thing watch Den-O. Theres a Rider for whatever you like.

Stuff is incredibly huge and the US has yet to copy its formula successfully. Its bigger than Ninja Turtles in the early 90s in japan. Kamen Rider is that big of deal.

I NEED MORE DETAILS DAMMIT

ibqQ1qPcKdCnrr.gif

As a fan of yours, and Musou, this hurts me. ;_;

We were able to get one of my favourite episodes out of a single demo for a musou game because they're so awful. Matt fucking tested Bladestorm. Woolies roomate plays them constantly, and every time I look in, I see the same game. For years. They're fucking traaaaaash.

Sqorgar

Banned
I don't think Kamen Rider has ever been licensed for the US, so the only way to watch it is through fansubs. But if you want to watch Ultraman, I think Ultra Seven just got a DVD release.

I don't think Kamen Rider has ever been licensed for the US, so the only way to watch it is through fansubs. But if you want to watch Ultraman, I think Ultra Seven just got a DVD release.

Kamen Rider has been licensed twice for North America.

Kamen Rider Black RX in 1995 was turned into Masked Rider for Fox Kids.
Kamen Rider Ryuki became Kamen Rider Dragon Knight on CW Kids.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
We were able to get one of my favourite episodes out of a single demo for a musou game because they're so awful. Matt fucking tested Bladestorm. Woolies roomate plays them constantly, and every time I look in, I see the same game. For years. They're fucking traaaaaash.

Heh, I know, I know. And for the record, FOTNS is one of my favorite episodes you guys have ever done. It comes down to opinions and personal taste, of course. I know most Western gamers don't care for the series, and that's cool. It's not for everybody, and I guess if you're not a fan of the franchise, you wouldn't know about the smaller changes that are made to each title that fans get excited over. I was mostly joking around anyway. :lol

And either way, this doesn't appear to be a Musou game, but a musou-like from a different developer. Could just be a third person action game. We won't really know until more details leak.

EDIT: By the way, you're a Kamen Rider fan, are you not? I seem to recall you talking about Kabuto a fair bit in one of the CT videos.

Sandfox

Kamen Rider V3 has a US release and while its a nice set its kinda expensive. Kamen Rider Ryuuki was released as Kamen Rider Dragon Knight in the US Power Rangers style but opinions on it are mixed. Stay away from Masked Rider.

vareon

Showing Masked Rider to someone who wants to watch a Kamen Rider series is like getting a kick in the ball, dude. I can understand with power rangers, but not with masked rider.

fates

3300+ posts... 600 posters... and the result is a game only a handful is willing play.

KuGsj.gif

Truth be told, a good chunk of that thread was mostly silliness.

Anyways, what happened to that Capcom project? Was curious to see what that was.

Heh, I know, I know. And for the record, FOTNS is one of my favorite episodes you guys have ever done. It comes down to opinions and personal taste, of course. I know most Western gamers don't care for the series, and that's cool. It's not for everybody, and I guess if you're not a fan of the franchise, you wouldn't know about the smaller changes that are made to each title that fans get excited over. I was mostly joking around anyway. :lol

And either way, this doesn't appear to be a Musou game, but a musou-like from a different developer. Could just be a third person action game. We won't really know until more details leak.

EDIT: By the way, you're a Kamen Rider fan, are you not? I seem to recall you talking about Kabuto a fair bit in one of the CT videos.

I'm all for personal taste, but I've always been baffled by the Musou following. They just straight play like shit. They're like next gen Fighting Forces with licenses thrown on them, and everything about them is cheap and poorly made. I have someone telling me right now that apparently Hokuto No Ken 2 isn't so bad, but I straight don't believe him.

I mean, I can see the appeal in damn near everything from plane simulators, to the idolmaster, to football manager, all sorts of niche stuff, and my tastes are pretty broad as well, but Musou is supposed to be hyper mainstream and it's just straight TERRIBLE. God.

Also, yeah, I watched all of Kabuto, it's the only one I've seen though, but big fan. Which is why I really want this to be a game not made by Koei so it has at least a glimmers hope of being not garbage.

Sqorgar

Banned

That's kind of like saying Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is the same thing as Zyuranger.

Top Bottom