• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kameo 2 killed off because of Natal?

Not really interested in Natal at all, but Kameo was terrible. It wasn't even worth the $12 I paid for a new copy of it when I finally got a 360 last spring.

No offense, but as an old school Rare fan I think they can aim a lot higher than Kameo. Well, or Natal for that matter...but I'm hoping they'll get back to some of that Donkey Kong Country/ Goldeneye/ Banjo Kazooie/ Perfect Dark genius they had back in the day.

Persona7

Banned
Kameo was a superb launch title, it was a solid platformer with great graphics and music. It was really whimsical also, I loved everything about it.

I was really hoping for a sequel....

aryies

Neo Member
JB1981 said:
haha same here.

amazing TEXTUREZZ ... looks much better than Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time imo.

wow this is fucking truth.

kameo is STILL one of the best looking "current gen" console games. i have no care for natal. so this is shit if true

Prine

Banned
Kameo has the best soundtrack a game has to offer. Or one of the best.

God damn Rare house some of the greatest composers in the industry.

NeoGIF

Same here. I thought Kameo was an amazing game, and was really looking forward to a sequel. My best bet, though, is that it has been pushed to the back burner and not completely canned, to pave the way for project Natal as their new main focus.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
In this thread we toss around the word amazing until it no longer holds it’s original meaning.

aryies

Neo Member
is dave wise still at rare? i <3 dave wise

hell i even liked a lot of the pdz ost. limelight+stealth retrival were fantastic tracks.

SapientWolf said:
If it was a Lego game it would have been the best one ever made.

Except that the things that you actually did with the vehicles were horribly repetitive. Drive in a circle! Fly in a circle! Repeat ad infinitum. All of the brightly colored junk thrown around each environment couldn't disguise that.

nib95

Banned
Microsoft ruined RARE..Such a damn shame. They made some of my fave games past gens. Banjo was just...magnificent. Perfect Dark....amazing. Goldeneye, a timeless classic. Then others like Diddy Kong racing, which at the time was the worst they had to offer but still amazingly fun and polished. Their games on the 360 imo still leave a lot to be desired. Though I did love Viva Pinata (think it's under-rated actually). The sequel flopped it slightly. With all this Natal stuff, I can't see them returning to the glory days. But here's hoping.

Samara

Apart from the tank like controls underwater, and the horrible Ice world: Kameo was amazing. I really the little details they added, and the characters looked amazing (apart from Kameo herself she looked like crap). I can't finish the game cause my XBOX wont let me (weird I know)

bon

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
QFT.

terrible, terrible game.
I don't think you're agreeing to what you think you're agreeing to.
He's saying Kameo was fun, and it's unfortunate that it won't get a sequel.

wRATH2x

Banned
I fucking loved Kameo, damn I wanted a sequel so bad.

Seriously fuck rare and their Natal cock sucking, and fuck Nuts and Bolts and it's raping of the Banjo & Kazooie franchise.

Kujo

Anyone who's spend more than an hour with the game knows how brilliant it is
I got every Jiggy in N&B, and while building the vehicles can be fun, the actual gameplay was stale and repetitive. 2 of the level designs were just plain awful for vehicles.

I liked Kameo though, could have been longer, but still my favourite Rare game this gen. If the sequel was cancelled, that's a real shame, 360 needs more games like it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the "two of the worlds sucked for vehicles" complaint is something that sums up why N&B was so divisive. The game was, literally, as fun as you made it. If you tried to use traditional cars/planes in those levels, then yeah, you'd have been in real trouble.

same thing applies for the missions. they're just giving you a goal, and you can choose how you want to complete it. how stale and repetitive they become is entirely up to you.

I will say though that the racing physics were disgustingly bad, but if you were playing correctly, you could always win by almost a full lap anyway, thus negating the problem.

Kujo

Well that's also why they sucked, you were quite limited in what sort of vehicles worked well in those levels (Logbox 720, Terrarium). The game was best when you weren't limited (Jiggoseum, Banjo Land).

And Tooie had a lot more variety in 'missions' than N&B, 2 generations ago. Sure you can try and do them in different ways but they're still the same 3 or 4 over and over again.

Mojo said:
Well that's also why they sucked, you were quite limited in what sort of vehicles worked well in those levels (Logbox 720, Terrarium). The game was best when you weren't limited (Jiggoseum, Banjo Land).

And Tooie had a lot more variety in 'missions' than N&B, 2 generations ago. Sure you can try and do them in different ways but they're still the same 3 or 4 over and over again.

I'm playing Tooie right now for the first time in nearly a decade, and I am stunned as to how good it is.

I used to think BK was superior, but not anymore. Banjo-Tooie is amazingly good. Fuck, even Grunty Industries suddenly kicks ass.

confused

Banned
Besides COD 2, Kameo was the only reason worth owning a 360 for at launch, and was one of the 3 games I was interested in at launch (Only buy a console at launch if I can find 3 games that interest me.) Incidentally, the 360 and Wii were the only consoles I bought at launch this gen.

Kameo deserves way better than this.

soco

Vercingetorix said:
Except that the things that you actually did with the vehicles were horribly repetitive. Drive in a circle! Fly in a circle! Repeat ad infinitum. All of the brightly colored junk thrown around each environment couldn't disguise that.

much like every other game. the one you have pictured in your avatar is a horrible offender of mind numbing repetition.

pswii60

Kameo still looks amazing. Especially when you consider it was originally an Xbox game.

I really enjoyed it, one my gf's favourites too. Just wish the game had been a bit more fleshed out. I felt they introduced the new characters but then never gave you much to do with them.

I'm not so sad that there won't be a Kameo sequel, more just sad that Rare isn't likely to be working on a platformer. There just aren't enough platformers this gen. Seems sad that we have to rely wholly on Nintendo and Insomniac for any decent ones.

Kujo

_Alkaline_ said:
I'm playing Tooie right now for the first time in nearly a decade, and I am stunned as to how good it is.
Yeah, I bought the XBLA version and it holds up really well. The way all the levels connected was genius, especially the Jiggys spread over multiple worlds. Disappointed N&B had nothing like that.

pswii60 said:
Kameo still looks amazing. Especially when you consider it was originally an Xbox game.
GameCube even. Also, I gotta say that the soundtrack was really good.

omg rite said:
Nuts & Bolts was not "brilliant".
we will settle on revolutionary then.

using a hovercraft to fly over the obstacle walls on the ground racing levels was great. i still laugh when i think about sailing 15 feet over the other racers and just obliterating their cars as i landed.

goomba

Banned
nib95 said:
Microsoft ruined RARE..Such a damn shame. They made some of my fave games past gens. Banjo was just...magnificent. Perfect Dark....amazing. Goldeneye, a timeless classic. Then others like Diddy Kong racing, which at the time was the worst they had to offer but still amazingly fun and polished. Their games on the 360 imo still leave a lot to be desired. Though I did love Viva Pinata (think it's under-rated actually). The sequel flopped it slightly. With all this Natal stuff, I can't see them returning to the glory days. But here's hoping.

Donkey Kong 64 , Star Fox Adventures and the Gamecube demo of Kameo prove to me that Rare were just not worth keeping to Nintendo.

Rare is MS little bitch

Rare: we working on a new game
MS: oh forget about that, we need somthing for this shit.....somthing like wii sport
Rare: Not yet we working on is game
MS: drop that and do as I say bitch *slaps*

watkinzez

goomba said:
Donkey Kong 64 , Star Fox Adventures and the Gamecube demo of Kameo prove to me that Rare were just not worth keeping to Nintendo.

Actually, how was that? Kameo changed a hell of a lot during development.

wRATH2x

Banned
I've followed Kameo since it was on the Gamecube, and I was pretty satisfied with what I got. The ending was just asking for a sequel, too bad Rare can't stop riding Natal's cock.

aryies said:
is dave wise still at rare? i <3 dave wise

hell i even liked a lot of the pdz ost. limelight+stealth retrival were fantastic tracks.

Yeah, Dave Wise is still there. Can't wait to see what he's working on, as the last released console game he composed for was Star Fox Adventures.

Top Bottom