• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kameo 2 killed off because of Natal?

AnIco

Rare hasn't produced a great game since the N64 days. How sad is that? All of their Xbox 360 titles have been utter garbage because they're either way too complex for their own good and not fun at all to play (Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, Viva Pinata, etc) or they're just decidedly average at best (Kameo, PDZ).

I think with Natal, Rare's quality may actually improve since it will force them to focus on simple mechanics. They're probably just churning out a Wii sports Natal rehash for the 360, and let's face it -- Rare is best when they're copying other games rather than making something original.

Still, because it's Natal, and because it will be aimed at the mouthbreathing casual audience, I'm not looking forward to whatever they're working on, despite the fact that I believe it will be higher quality in the end.

Gwanatu T

I loved Kameo, fantastic launch title. I hope K2 gets resurrected in the future.

omg rite said:
Nuts & Bolts was not "brilliant".

Well...
omg rite
nomg wrong
(Yesterday, 06:41 PM)

That about sums it up. Seriously though, just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean it wasn't brilliant. It's one of the most unique platformers (if you can still call it that) out there.

AnIco said:
Still, because it's Natal, and because it will be aimed at the mouthbreathing casual audience, I'm not looking forward to whatever they're working on, despite the fact that I believe it will be higher quality in the end.
I'd find it hard to believe if you said you were looking forward to anything 360 related.

I loved Kameo, even though it was flawed as hell. Definitely my favorite Rare game this gen. That said, I had no expectations that a sequel was coming, so I guess I've made my peace with all of this already.

Top Bottom