• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

I'm reposting this message in this thread for you guys who haven't been over to the NS-board lately!

Hey guys,

Just throwing you all a heads up that I'd like to hold a meeting this weekend, let's say Sunday 9 PM central time (so as to give you some time) to discuss which plot we'd like to move forward with. If you can not make it to the meeting, please give what's been submitted in the plot pitch thread a good once over and decide which plot interests you the most. If you have any constructive comments to make, please keep them in mind for the meeting, or post them in the plot pitch thread.

I hope to see you all on Sunday night!

Soma

Just to emphasize the importance of it, this meeting will pretty much decide the story we'll work on.

So basically get yer butts in the IRC on Sunday night. Or else we're just gonna work on a dating sim revolving around dating mentally ill crustacean school girls.

Just to emphasize the importance of it, this meeting will pretty much decide the story we'll work on.

So basically get yer butts in the IRC on Sunday night. Or else we're just gonna work on a dating sim revolving around dating mentally ill crustacean school girls.

We'll be catering to the pigeon dating sim demographic so it's like we've already got a built in fanbase

But yeah, be there guys. A lot of shit has happened, and we seem to have a pretty capable team with artists, writers, programmers, and musicians. Let's get this shit get started

Soma

What the hell is that in AEST?

The meetings are usually around 7-8pm my time, sooooo looks like it'll be around 2-3pm for your neck of the woods.

Even if you can't make it, maybe take a look at some of the ideas that were pitched in the other forum if you have the time. We don't have very many ideas that were submitted but what we do have are actually pretty solid, imo.

It looks like I'm lttp. Katawa Shoujo has to be one of the better games that I discovered from NeoGAF. Back in January/February I constantly seen this thread on the ranks of the first page. For awhile I dismissed it because it sounded like a girls game because of the word "shoujo", which I remember being the kind of manga my girlfriendzoned reads.

On the morning of 5,February,2012 I decided to check out this thread and I read the opening post. I skimmed through and what I got from it was that Katawa shoujo was a free,fanmade visual novel. This intrigued me because my only experience with visual novels has been limited and I wanted to try a new game. I was running late for school so I had left my home computer to download while I went to class. Distracted with anticipation, I check my phone to read more of the thread where I see a debate. I held a secret bias that the game would be genuine and not just a hentai game. I scurried home and wanted to try it for a few minutes until I finished eating/ days later...

I found Katawa Shoujo to be very tasteful in how the disabilities were integrated really well into the game by recognizing that they are there,but not the only things invovled with the interpersonal relationships. The game really did feel like it was professionally made and such great free entertainment.

I felt that one of the strong points of the game was the fact that it was written natively in English. This provided added detailed imagery along with the anime artstyle and backgrounds. It also meant that the writing was not hindered by Japanese and English differences and translation costs(how much $ per word).

I'll write down more later since this is my first post and I can't really think at this time of night.
Also Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin>Misha w/drilss> Shizune> Misha sans drills.

abusori

Also Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin>Misha w/drilss> Shizune> Misha sans drills.

Good on ya. You clearly see both the superiority of Misha's drills, and the fact that Lilly is best girl.

M5668.jpg

I was on 4chan and then i saw "this" banner

fLk0g.png

BUT i have no idea what's going on ?

Why is shizune angry ? And why is misha clueless ?

i seek an answer ..

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Are you allowed to link the other board or could someone pm me? I'm interested in seeing what y'all are up to.

Top Bottom