• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kayo Satoh: Sexy Japanese model, Street Fighter fan, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
shidoshi said:
35bfktt.jpg
She just ruined Bayonetta.

Little skeleton hips

mollipen

FlightOfHeaven said:
I wonder why she doesn't make the full transition.

Could be a number of reasons. Maybe she doesn't have the courage to yet, maybe she isn't comfortable with the idea, maybe she doesn't have the money to. A custom-built vajayjay (from somebody who can craft them right) can cost you $12,000 or so (last time I was pricing them), so at 22 that still may be way out of her reasonable monetary range.

Suairyu

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
I wonder why she doesn't make the full transition.
Full transition isn't for everyone. Gender isn't binary. There are a whole heap of degrees in-between. We discussed this at length in the thread that talked about Thailand's "third sex" and how transsexuals there often don't identify as male or female, but transsexuals. Fuck, even having just three categories to identify with is simplifying the reality.

daffy

Banned
G-Fex said:
WRONG, plenty of other cosplayers ruined it before, she saves it by being cute.
Her bod is reminiscent of a spaghetti noodle.

ShishKebob-esque figure

Kamiya giving that so-so thumb says it all

Shouta

shidoshi said:
Could be a number of reasons. Maybe she doesn't have the courage to yet, maybe she isn't comfortable with the idea, maybe she doesn't have the money to. A custom-built vajayjay (from somebody who can craft them right) can cost you $12,000 or so (last time I was pricing them), so at 22 that still may be way out of her reasonable monetary range.

As I recall, Kayo is post-op. She confirmed it on a TV program awhile back I believe. She hasn't had any cosmetic surgery though, which is pretty amazing. She doesn't change her voice much at all either too.

Suairyu said:
Full transition isn't for everyone. Gender isn't binary. There are a whole heap of degrees in-between. We discussed this at length in the thread that talked about Thailand's "third sex" and how transsexuals there often don't identify as male or female, but transsexuals. Fuck, even having just three categories to identify with is simplifying the reality.

-shrug-

It might not be for everyone, but I can only imagine the pressure to conform to a more traditional role.

Whatever, apparently she did have it done, so she chose what was right for her.

notworksafe said:

I apologize, but I just can't get over her lanky design, it's not like she has a bad face, but with her movements, awkward fashion sense for combat, and stupid fanservice of epic cockteases though it all, her fundamental design is so unappealing to me.

mollipen

Shouta said:
As I recall, Kayo is post-op. She confirmed it on a TV program awhile back I believe. She hasn't had any cosmetic surgery though, which is pretty amazing. She doesn't change her voice much at all either too.

Oh, really? I'll have to look into that more. I guess I just took her comments of "no surgery" to mean that she had had NO surgery of any kind in regard to transitioning.

Shouta

It's stated on the JP wiki and I recall watching Melange no Kimochi and hearing her say that she was post-op. No surgery means no cosmetic surgery, no facial changes as far as I know.

From The Dust said:
damn, then she must have been pretty damn androgenous from the start

I don't even think androgynous would be the word, actress Tilda Swinton pulls off androgynous, hence her casting as the archangel Gabriel in Constantine; that distinctive look of masculine and feminine. This looks to be the case of straight up extremely feminine with impressive results.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
From The Dust said:
damn, then she must have been pretty damn androgenous from the start

Late puberty + taking hormones to prevent said puberty from changing your "baby"/female-ish face would do that.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
She's pretty.

I'd make an attractive female face/eyes wise, problem is I'm too tall and my torso frame is definitely that of a man. I'd be too obvious to live a comfortable life.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Zee-Row said:
At least it can put to rest that women still suck at fighting games.
That was a saying? I was unaware of that one. My cousin was my greatest rival in tmnt tournament fighters.

Platy

She better stay in the street fighter stuff ..... she is very pretty and all but those pics needs more feeling =P

edit :
Zee-Row said:
At least it can put to rest that women still suck at fighting games.

There are videos of her beating daigo ...

OH i see what you did there !

So even if we play your game, BurnYourBra, ChocoBlanka and others would like to have a talk with you =P

Zee-Row

Banned
Parallax said:
That was a saying? I was unaware of that one. My cousin was my greatest rival in tmnt tournament fighters.
I don't mean it , i'm sure theres a lot of great female Street Fighter players out there.

Dead Man

akachan ningen said:
wha? what makes you say that?
Referencing 'traps' is generally seen as a sign of disrespect, and Stump made post in the thread about that, just one page back if you are on 100 p/page.
Post #393
Stumpokapow said:
1) No one is banned for a year over language. Language bans are relatively short and minor. People need to stop looking at all bans as equal; some bans are very clearly, based on length and ban message, a "take a time out" punishment. Some bans are intended to be a "shape up" punishment. Some bans are intended to be a "go away" punishment. Junior members who are banned are generally permed regardless of offence. Language bans are almost always "time outs".

2) No one has ever been banned for using an offensive word in a detached or clinical context.

3) The "it's a trap" meme refers to the idea that transgendered people are trying to trick you. This is disrespectful, very inherently. It may be that people who use it have never thought about what it means and they are just meme machines who regurgitate any meme they've seen regardless of understanding it. Those people can reconsider the practice of blindly reposting one-line memes during their short, "time out" bans.

Dead Man said:
Referencing 'traps' is generally seen as a sign of disrespect, and Stump made post in the thread about that, just one page back if you are on 100 p/page.
Post #393
I thought it was the admiral akbar meme that was banned. oh well, I didn't mean to be disrespectful but i'll edit it.

Dead Man

akachan ningen said:
I thought it was the admiral akbar meme that was banned. oh well, I didn't mean to be disrespectful but i'll edit it.
Yeah, I didn't think you did, I just thought maybe it was a joke you and some other members had I was not aware of. Sorry to snitch.

mollipen

Shouta said:
It's stated on the JP wiki and I recall watching Melange no Kimochi and hearing her say that she was post-op. No surgery means no cosmetic surgery, no facial changes as far as I know.

No, that totally makes sense, I think it was just one of those things where, you know, you read something and then you mind just instantly assumes certain things. Plus, to be honest, I hadn't spent a lot of time thinking about Kayo's crotch, so I hadn't really cared what was down there.

Trying to word this as unoffensive as possible, does this mean she wins transgenderism? Like, she was transgendered and became a super hot girl, which I am assuming is the point of transitioning.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
Trying to word this as unoffensive as possible, does this mean she wins transgenderism? Like, she was transgendered and became a super hot girl, which I am assuming is the point of transitioning.

The point is to finally be happy with yourself, but yes she is very successful so to speak.

mollipen

8BitsAtATime said:
The photobooks out, hmmm now i need to find a place that ships to the U.S. Can I order it from amazon.jp?

Last time I checked, Amazon allowed things like books to be shipped overseas. It was more entertainment (movies, games) that weren't allowed.

There might be some other places locally that end up getting the book, but so far I haven't found it in any of the places I know to check.

Edit: CD Japan has it too, and I think their shipping costs are better than Amazon. Amazon Japan tends to love to abuse you in shipping costs on books.

Er... nevermind. Their shipping on books is just as high. Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom