• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazunori Yamauchi tweets details about GT5 Spec II (free, 9-15th October)

Dead Man

Angst said:
I think this is why they removed the standing starts actually. AI cars are capped at a certain PP with Sports Hard or Racing Hard. If you turn up in a car with just slightly higher PP or same PP with RS tyres you'll lead the race before the first lap is over.

When we had standing starts in A-Spec people were complaining: "GT5 is boring, after the first three corners I was alone on the track and racing against my own lap times."
Yeah, but you still need a car in a very narrow performance range to make it a good race, now you just need to be faster than the field rather than the same.

amar212

No, just surprised with Kazunori's unexpected outage regarding something that should take place in more than 2 weeks from now.

Tonight is the scheduled maitenance and it really never happened hat he gives so much info so ahead of something..

Just a thoguht, nothing else.

brotkasten said:
I'm not always in the lead after the first corner, because I usually use underpowered cars and try to pass them as clean as possible. Also, passing other cars at the start with a much narrower field is way more fun than starting always from the last place. Makes me wish GT5 had an optional qualifying system.

I use cars and tyres in line with the AI as well, but GT5 AI is crap in corners, it's sad but it's the truth, and 90% of the times I could get the lead in the first corner.

When the first seasonal came with rolling starts, and strict restrictions, it was the best and most exciting races GT5 had so far.

tusken77

So it's arriving between the 9th and the 15th. When is the likely exact date? Is there a traditional day things are released in Japan? When is the Japanese Store usually updated for example.

Angst

tusken77 said:
So it's arriving between the 9th and the 15th. When is the likely exact date? Is there a traditional day things are released in Japan? When is the Japanese Store usually updated for example.
Thursday of that week is my guess. That's when seasonals and OCD updates anyway.

6214248190_2f69ca9a66_b.jpg

GLORIOUS!

Also, Position 8/16, with AI cars, and not the Ferrari event :eek:

Snubbers

It would be nice to get it closer to the 9th, simply as I enjoy GT and Forza (14th Oct in the UK), so if the update was 9-11th, I'd have a few days with it with no distractions..

[edit]- Missed the 'out on the 11th'.. nice!

Not sure I like all the silly games being played, releasing it on the day it's rival is launched, lets hope that doesn't become the norm..

bud

"Firstly all ‘standard’ cars will now feature an interior view, the level of detail will vary from car to car"

Loudninja

Photo Travel Mode updates
Shortening of load times and improved menu response
Improved car physics simulation, further evolved A.I.
Improved and enhanced user interface
Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheels
New features in the Online Lounge

Sounds like a great update, but have they added online rankings for lap times yet? I just don't see this leaving my shelf until that is implemented.

All the ingame pictures they posted have a 16 car grid with AI...

Dunno about you guys, but that's great news for me!

hamchan said:
Disappointed if there are no leaderboards.
There are no leaderboards.

Leckan said:
In Japan that's almost a guarantee because they did just that for GT5P Spec III. Considering though it was only released in Japan who knows.

I think they will re-release it after Spec III and some more stuff is done/fixed/added and more DLC is available to pack in. No need for GT6 until PS4 anyways, just get all the work and the baseline done for GT6 on GT5.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Interesting. So it looks like they are representative of each car, but not fully textured. At least the three they showed. Not a bad way to do it.

I hope one of the DLC packs is to improve the course maker. Add half a dozen more themes and point to point races then have some sort of track sharing infrastructure for people to race and rank your made track.

Metalmurphy said:
You laughed about something everyone already expected? Ofcourse it was gonna be like the PSP.
But you can see the hood on GT PSP. :(

Gran+Turismo+PSP+Cockpit.jpg

The Stealth Fox said:
It might be the car, no?

You're right. That was probably just my usual negative overreaction at 11.

Melfice7

offshore said:
We'll see about that improved AI.

The AI was already much improved on the awareness aspect, but they're just not competitive.

Can't wait to see how shitty the interior view for standards is. Everything else sounds nice though

Metalmurphy said:
On that car yes, you can.

oO Are you serious?
I'm not trolling if it's that what you mean. :lol

I haven't driven a gazillion cars like I can in GT, but I was always able to see at least part of the hood/front, so it's a bit weird to see it cut off like that. Looks a bit like Metal Gear Racing. You know, like racing in a cardboard box. Get it? Get it?

The shot of those new RM cars looks like it's from the intro. So we might be able to figure out car and course DLC once we see that.

Top Bottom