• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazushige Nojima (scenario writer) wants Final Fantasy X-3 to happen

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Do you all think Yuna waited for Tidus or did she ride the "cock carousel" and eventually settled down in her thirties with some nice guy like Baralai?

If Yuna does leave Tidus that actually makes both of them far more interesting and relatable characters.

In Final Fantasy X-3 Yuna comes to terms with the realities of motherhood and faces a whole dynamic of staying in the house v.s. going out on adventures while dealing with rabid groupies and stalkers from her embarrassing pop star days in addition to removing a tramp stamp tattoo. Meanwhile, Tidus is depressed over Yuna's departure and must overcome personal adversity to find his own strength and happiness in addition to finding a new outfit and haircut that actually makes it seem like he actually has some level of testicular fortitude. In the wake of Sin Reborn's path of destruction, both must reconcile their problems, jealousies, and past feelings of teenage infatuation to save Spira once again.

Squire

Banned
Toriyama started a bad trend.

Good luck getting anything of quality in the future.

Thanks Lightning fans!

Yep. He's going to be director on this and at this rats? He'll probably co-author the story with Nojima.

Who's still writing FFXV, btw. I'm sure everyone will continue to be thrilled about that games story, even after this.

if this must happen, i see it being a movie. Nojima was scenario writer for AC too.

and then make a Lightning movie (LR ENDING SPOILER)
Light's journey in France

Squire

Banned
Breathe dude, jesus. Game isn't even announced yet and you're going crazy here.

They set the tone with this dogshit, tumblr "quality" epilogue, my man.

Which, as someone pointed out to me, isn't even an epilogue. It's just a new, shitty cliffhanger.

Shinta

Banned
They set the tone with this dogshit, tumblr "quality" epilogue, my man.

Which, as someone pointed out to me, isn't even an epilogue. It's just a new, shitty cliffhanger.

It's setting up X-3, so of course it's not wrapping up the story. It's starting it.

Why is it "dogshit?" You guys are so ridiculous. Have you even heard it yet?

If Yuna does leave Tidus that actually makes both of them far more interesting and relatable characters.

In Final Fantasy X-3 Yuna comes to terms with the realities of motherhood and faces a whole dynamic of staying in the house v.s. going out on adventures while dealing with rabid groupies and stalkers from her embarrassing pop star days in addition to removing a tramp stamp tattoo. Meanwhile, Tidus is depressed over Yuna's departure and must overcome personal adversity to find his own strength and happiness in addition to finding a new outfit and haircut that actually makes it seem like he actually has some level of testicular fortitude. In the wake of Sin Reborn's path of destruction, both must reconcile their problems, jealousies, and past feelings of teenage infatuation to save Spira once again.

Or they could grow apart, which would be the most interesting idea seen regarding a FF romance(and probably one of the more realistic). But, alas, I doubt they can ever get over the "love conquers all/the power of love will make everything right" sorta Sailor Moon jargon you see in a lot of Japanese anime and games. C'mon Square, you used to deal with some interesting issues in the past. I mean, FFVI had the whole, "contemplating and attempting suicide because you were lost in dispair" as well as the "mixing of two races producing a bi-racial child, even though both parents' races were against it", "teenage pregnancy" and the whole thing with Gau's father. I sometimes wonder if that was all just a fluke and Square, after that, said, "Y'know, let's get back to our Japanese roots and inject more j-pop anime fluff. Cool poses, love that triumphs over the evils of the world, yadda yadda! Play it safe!!!

J_Ark

d0wn.jpg

GAF's Lightning is best Lightning xDDDDDDDD

Asd202

It's setting up X-3, so of course it's not wrapping up the story. It's starting it.

So you're saying that the idea of
SIN coming back and appearance of Auron's daughter is not stupid? It's reaching at it finest

Lol at ffx2.5 spoiler. Seriously SE? I hope they don't make a sequel to the other ff now, they will most likely force lighting into it or something,

Shinta

Banned
So you're saying that the idea of
SIN coming back and appearance of Auron's daughter is not stupid? It's reaching at it finest

Why is it stupid? Literally all sin does is come back. That's kind of his whole thing. That's the entire point of his existence. Coming back again is just not that much of a stretch for me. And I'm sure there's a lot to the story we don't know about why its different this time.

And Auron's daughter is stupid why? Time has passed, and they have families. Both of these things seem pretty logical.

What is it reaching for? I don't even know what this means.

Asd202

Why is it stupid? Literally all sin does is come back. That's kind of his whole thing. That's the entire point of his existence. Coming back again is just not that much of a stretch for me.

And Auron's daughter is stupid why? Time has passed, and they have families. Both of these things seem pretty logical.

Do you remember X ending? I recommend watching it.

Why is it stupid? Literally all sin does is come back. That's kind of his whole thing. That's the entire point of his existence. Coming back again is just not that much of a stretch for me.

Auron's
daughter doesn't work because of all the "family and memory is everything" that was drilled into our heads the last two games it doesn't gel with his personality to cast aside a huge part of his past like that. Hell,
Auron
flipped his shit when
Wen Kinoc died at Mushroom Rock
and that guy got like 3 lines in the game total.

MechaX

Personally, I wouldn't mind
Auron's
daughter if she was actually a good character. As for Tidus and Yuna... well... given that this is Tidus we're talking about, that relationship was doomed to end.

Now
Sin
coming back is pretty stupid given X's ending and what
Sin
really is.

Cagey

Banned
So I read the thread title and LOL'd, then realized I'd buy Final Fantasy X-3 on day one and play it immediately and wind up loving it.

The most I can do is wait a few weeks for the inevitable Lightning Returns sales, as otherwise I'd be buying that game day one, too.

I'm the problem, guys. I'm sorry to all of you.

Shinta

Banned
Do you remember X ending? I recommend watching it.

Yeah, obviously they're going to have new story elements for Sin. It's not going to be the same as part 1.

Do you want them to tell you the entire story before its even announced?

Asd202

And I'm sure there's a lot to the story we don't know about why its different this time.

So I guess your okay with adding stuff that was not in the previous games just for the sake of sequel? Okay then. To me it makes story's pointless as they could always go back and change stuff.

Shinta

Banned
So I guess your okay with adding stuff that was not in the previous games just for the sake of sequel? Okay then.

Every sequel does that. If you literally don't want them to add anything, then just don't play the sequel.

Of course I want them to add stuff. The whole point is to get a new story and a new game?

Squire

Banned

I understand that, but that's not what it's being sold as. They're dishonestly calling this an epilogue when they know good and well it's sequel set-up. That in and of itself isn't bad, it's just funny to realize. It's not an epilogue at all, but they calling it one.

As far as why it's dogshit - you're reading the thread, right? None of this sounds good at all.

At all.

Not even a little bit.

Asd202

Every sequel does that. If you literally don't want them to add anything, then just don't play the sequel.

Of course I want them to add stuff. The whole point is to get a new story and a new game?

Sure a sequel that came about 14 year later after +10 more games in the series that the purpose is money grabbing because they can't bother with working on a new IP or new FF as creating new lore would be too hard and time consuming.

Shinta

Banned
Sure a sequel that came about 14 year later after +10 more games in the series that the purpose is money grabbing because they can't bother with working on a new IP or new FF as creating new lore would be too hard and time consuming.

So don't play it. Problem solved.

I'm going to keep an open mind and give it a shot. I really enjoyed the first 2 games.

I understand that, but that's not what it's being sold as. They're dishonestly calling this an epilogue when they know good and well it's sequel set-up. That in and of itself isn't bad, it's just funny to realize. It's not an epilogue at all, but they calling it one.

As far as why it's dogshit - you're reading the thread, right? None of this sounds good at all.

At all.

Not even a little bit.
Hey, some people don't have a taste for tripe. Others sit there and gulp it down by the mouthful.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So don't play it. Problem solved.

I'm going to keep an open mind and give it a shot. I really enjoyed the first 2 games.

If you liked FFX you wouldnt be saying Sin should come back. I mean unless you wanted to invalidate the whole point of X.

Not to mention what a boring fucking idea that is. Whats our hook for this new game? Sin is the big bad again. $$$

So... this is totally happening right? The audio drama or whatever it's called that's going to be on the end of X/X-2 HD is going to be a setup for this?

Shinta

Banned
If you liked FFX you wouldnt be saying Sin should come back. I mean unless you wanted to invalidate the whole point of X.
If you liked X, you might trust the people who wrote it to at least announce the game before shitting all over it. Me? I'm going to play it for myself and make up my mind. I enjoyed the last 2, and the idea of a 3rd sounds awesome.

You have no idea what the story is. None of us do. You have no idea if it invalidates anything.

Not to mention what a boring fucking idea that is. Whats our hook for this new game?
I don't know, maybe let them announce the shit first. Probably has a new battle system, OST, and all kinds of "hooks."
Sin is the big bad again. $$$
We don't even know who the "big bad" is.

And oh no, SQEX tries to make money You should put 4 dollar signs so it looks extra ominous.

Toth

Okay...I don't like this. Unless the two HD titles are huge sellers, the series has been over for too long for an idea like this to work.

Yeah, someone has a daughter. Oh no, the writing is so bad!

The fact that it comes out of nowhere is bad writing. It makes you think, why hasn't Auron brought it up before? He had more than enough time to do so. Hell, with all the crap going on in the first game, you'd think Auron would've gone,
"Uh, mind if we take a brief detour! Towns are getting completely fucked, people are dying left and right and I just want to check in on someone... make sure she's safe!"
. Also, the fact he would've hid something like this is laughable considering she's probably around, or older than Yuna.

And playing with the possibilities(all avenues), let's say
Auron doesn't know he has a daughter. Obviously she knows who her daddy is. How does she know? Maybe her mom told her, but that brings up another question. Why wait so long to search him out. Considering Summoners were, like, the rock stars of Spira during the Sin's presence, I'm pretty sure someone would've seen Auron tagging along with Yuna and crew on their pilgrimage to Zanarkand. Why didn't Auron's baby's mama say something then? Why wait, not only after the events of the first game, after the events of the second to say something, at least to the point that the daughter goes to search out her father's traveling group to become somewhat relevant in THEIR lives?

Yep. He's going to be director on this and at this rats? He'll probably co-author the story with Nojima.

Who's still writing FFXV, btw. I'm sure everyone will continue to be thrilled about that games story, even after this.

Well to be fair, FFXV is a new thing while this shit is a sequel for a game with a story that is completely finished. I honestly can't think of a sequel FF with a good story. Dirge of Cerberus, Advent children, X-2 ect. all had suckish stories imo.

Well to be fair, FFXV is a new thing while this shit is a sequel for a game with a story that is completely finished. I honestly can't think of a sequel FF with a good story. Dirge of Cerberus, Advent children, X-2 ect. all had suckish stories imo.

Crisis Core had a good story, but largely because they went the logical route of making a prequel and new characters either died or were sent off to do something else to not interfere with the plot, unlike using those characters in a sequel leaves gaps and questions as to where the fuck they were in the first game, etc.

Top Bottom