• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Konami lawyers holding Kojima hostage; audience loudly boos. Inconceivable.

He was just offering a truthful perspective let's be real game shows aren't just broadcasted for core gamers they are also for a much wider generic audience

How well would they maintain viewership if they're covering quarrels behind the scene? This is human nature, the audience i promise you does not want to get involved in dog piling or having the excitement for a game award broken. It's essentially like throwing the audience between keighly and konami and going AIMIRITE

That is the perspective behing offered I think and there's a good amount of validity there

Apologies if I'm off but just what I read from the two of you

Have you been to a game site lately? ;)

It's our bread and butter, love us some controversy. It certainly takes the flow out of an awards show to spotlight it and does come off a bit awkward, but I'd rather Geoff call them out like that in such a public venue that he knows is being watched by many to spotlight just what a crummy company Konami is and how they treat their people. I'm practically salivating at the possibility of an expose piece done by someone to rip them a new asshole even further. They wanna make their exit from gaming look like this? Fine, their funeral I say.

With shit like this, it really makes you wonder exactly what happened between Kojima and Konami. Guess we'll never know. Until one of them opens up....i guess.

With shit like this, it really makes you wonder exactly what happened between Kojima and Konami. Guess we'll never know. Until one of them opens up....i guess.

I have a feeling MGSV was over the Budget than originally planned (hence why we don't have the last mission of the game) and Konami's Head Guy went nuts and disbanded Kojima's Studio and cancelled any remaining projects Kojima had going like P.T. Unless more stuff comes to light over the next few months. It could be either that or something more serious, we may never know

I have a feeling MGSV was over the Budget than originally planned (hence why we don't have the last mission of the game) and Konami's Head Guy went nuts and disbanded Kojima's Studio and cancelled any remaining projects Kojima had going like P.T. Unless more stuff comes to light over the next few months. It could be either that or something more serious, we may never know
Honestly think it was a power struggle between Kojima and the Konami execs that want to steer away from AAA games and towards their other profitable ventures. Taking 2-3 years and pouring millions for one game might feel risky to these execs (hell I feel it's risky).

Can't wait till this is all done and over and we can move on to his next, new project that's on his own terms.

This really messy separation, and gravely disappointing, awful game are overdue to being an ordeal that are past and done with.

He was just offering a truthful perspective let's be real game shows aren't just broadcasted for core gamers they are also for a much wider generic audience

How well would they maintain viewership if they're covering quarrels behind the scene? This is human nature, the audience i promise you does not want to get involved in dog piling or having the excitement for a game award broken. It's essentially like throwing the audience between keighly and konami and going AIMIRITE

That is the perspective behing offered I think and there's a good amount of validity there

Apologies if I'm off but just what I read from the two of you
I completely disagree. There's no set thing that award show is supposed to do or not do other than garner ratings, and viewership would actually be well-maintained if there is controversy to be had. People are attracted to controversy. They want to observe controversial things happening. That is the human nature at play here.

Also, for those making the argument that this isn't the time or place, I find very little that is persuasive in defining what the right time or place is for most things. In the context of an award show, it's only right or wrong based on whether it impacts ratings, in my opinion.

Macrotus

I wonder if this bomb threat at Konami Sports Club have something to do with this....

https://twitter.com/kasumistan/status/674523094980034560
CVxjKDVUkAA4frU.jpg

The screen says,
Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department website, at around 1:20PM,
found a post saying "Set a bomb somewhere in Konami Sports Club in Tokyo".

[Edited]
Yahoo Japan posted a news on their front page.
Its all in Japanese though. Just posting another source here, to prove the info/news is legit.

コナミスポーツクラブに爆破予告
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/jnn?a=20151209-00000056-jnn-soci

Top Bottom