• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar: The Heart Part 4 - Single

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Yellin', "One, two, three, four, five
I am the greatest rapper alive"
So damn great, motherfucker, I've died
What you hearin' now is a paranormal vibe

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

April 7th?! Sounds like the perfect birthday gift to me. Thanks, King Kendrick!

Ric Flair

Banned
FUuuuuuuuck this is so good. I was really digging the pre-switch vibe and then he just fucking twisted it around like it was nothing and then my head started uncontrollably bobbing while I was grimacing like I just sucked down a sour patch kid.

The part around the 4 minute mark when he's scrunching up paper and can't figure out what to write next before "The music's too loud, you're making him nervous" I absolutely love it.

Yeah, now I've heard it a few more times - it's a hype/diss track. I don't think it's gonna be on the album.

Why can't people just make a whole rap song on like one beat anymore? It's infuriating. There was the song on the last kendrick thing about levitating which had a cool beat and then transitioned into another cool beat, but I don't know why they aren't just two separate songs.
People are too stupid nowadays to listen to one beat for 4 minutes.

Erv

Damn for the praise some of you are giving I thought it would be better. Still a nice little song though

My fans can't wait for me to son ya punk ass and crush your whole lil shit
I'll Big Pun ya punk ass, you a scared little bitch
Tiptoein' around my name, nigga, ya lame
And when I get at you, homie, don't you just tell me you was just playin'
Oh I was just playin' with you K-Dot, c'mon
You know a nigga rock with you, bro
Shut the fuck up, you sound like the last nigga I know
Might end up like the last nigga I know

Sean shook.

Hoe, Jay Z Hall of Fame, sit your punk ass down (Sit yo' punk ass down)
So that means you ain't bigger than rapping (What else?)

Drake shook

Y'all got 'til April the 7th to get ya'll shit together

I'm shook

My man.

So much fire in just one track. I been hungry and didn't realize just how hungry until today. STOMACH GROWLIN like a LeBron James muppet doll from a decade ago.

We finna eat fam.

Tunoku

I'm speechless. This thing goes places and then it keeps topping itself. Really curious about the overall reaction to the track.

Poor Joey Badass been promoting his album to come out on 4/7 for the last couple weeks then Kdot take my mans lunch like that smh

kendrick is corny as hell. That shouldn't bother anyone because most of the best musicians/lyricists ever have been corny? like, Bowie is fucking corny. Nas is a cornball. dylan, whoever.

LOL.

"Corny" has been rendered completely meaningless by shit like this. It's the new buzzword folks are determined to run into the ground.

Everywhere I look nowadays it's cornball this, cornball that. What are we even talking about at that point.

kendrick is corny as hell. That shouldn't bother anyone because most of the best musicians/lyricists ever have been corny? like, Bowie is fucking corny. Nas is a cornball. dylan, whoever.

It's true that many lyricists are corny and require the music to lift their lyrics up beyond what is on the page, which is why Dylan winning a Nobel was fucking ridiculous.

That said, Kendrick is extra cornball, in many ways, see: building a whole album up to "i".

LOL.

"Corny" has been rendered completely meaningless by shit like this. It's the new buzzword folks are determined to run into the ground.

Everywhere I look nowadays it's cornball this, cornball that. What are we even talking about at that point.
Giggs verse on KMT and UK rappers in general are pretty good flag bearers for the term "cornball". Guys like Hopsin qualify too.

Sane_Man

LOL.

Fully agree. It's such a worthless comment.

NotLiquid

According to hot97 this isn't an album cut.

Also not enough mumble rap too much rappity rap.

That makes sense. None of this series ever made it onto any albums and the previous time he did a track like it, it was leading up to GKMC where he dropped a similar teaser of the album release date.

phanphare

Banned
shut the fuck up, you sound like the last n*gga I know
might end up like the last n*gga I know
oh, you don't wanna clash? n*gga, I know

tumblr_mv9rgp62nP1sn2r15o1_500.gif

What happened between Drake and Kendrick anyways? No chance for poetic justice pt 2?

Don't tell me it was about the control verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom