• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar: The Heart Part 4 - Single

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genius has the whole song's lyrics now (as best as people have heard, I suppose...)

Earthed in ditches, ya body reverting to stiffness
The whole world goin' mad
Bodies is adding up, market's about to crash
Niggas is fake rich, bitches is fake bad
Blacks that act white, whites that do the dab
Donald Trump is a chump, know how we feel, punk
Tell 'em that God comin'
And Russia need a replay button, y'all up to somethin'
Electorial votes look like memorial votes
But America's truth ain't ignorin' the votes
It's blasphemy, how many gon' blast for me?
I prophesied on my last song, you laughed at me
Oh, when the shit get brackin', don't you ask for me
How many leaders gon' tell you the truth after me?

SoundLad

I liked it, it was pretty tight.

Only the pre-switch is doing things for me
sXW9OgW.png

Have to agree with this though

Ash735

Not feeling it, he's continuing that annoying thing where one song is actually 3 or 4, so just as you're getting into a track, it switches up.

Catvoca

Banned
The heart part 3 came out like a month before GKMC, I imagine this is the same thing where it's a track to get you hyped for the album, but it won't be on it.

The Ummah

Banned
First listen. The switch...

white-guy-blinking-meme-gif.gif

I had to pause. Still paused. This is gonna be good, who is he going off on lmao!

Ok, back to listening.

Edit: Oh my...KING...Kendrick. That is all.

Not feeling it, he's continuing that annoying thing where one song is actually 3 or 4, so just as you're getting into a track, it switches up.

The way I see it, the big switch up is what those previous beats are building to. The way he rides into the sparse new instrumental is so smooth. How do your neck joints not go into overdrive right there.

riotous

Banned
My fans can't wait for me to son ya punk ass and crush your whole lil shit
I'll Big Pun ya punk ass, you a scared little bitch
Tiptoein' around my name, nigga, ya lame
And when I get at you, homie, don't you just tell me you was just playin'
Oh I was just playin' with you K-Dot, c'mon
You know a nigga rock with you, bro
Shut the fuck up, you sound like the last nigga I know
Might end up like the last nigga I know

I don't get it... calls out someone (Drake?) for tip-toeing around his name.. while.. tip-toeing around whoever's name he's calling out?

Some of these lyrics are not good either, sound like grade school rhymes.

I don't get it... calls out someone (Drake?) for tip-toeing around his name.. while.. tip-toeing around whoever's name he's calling out?

Some of these lyrics are not good either, sound like grade school rhymes.

There are literally like 4-5 Big Sean subliminals in the song. It has nothing to do with Drake.

Multiple Jay Z homages or references too.

Bookoo

The heart part 3 came out like a month before GKMC, I imagine this is the same thing where it's a track to get you hyped for the album, but it won't be on it.

It's not going to be on the album.

Rosenberg said the only thing he knew is that it won't be on the album (which makes sense since the song is an announcement for an album on April 7th) and he also said that Kendrick wrote this like a few days ago.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
There are literally like 4-5 Big Sean subliminals in the song. It has nothing to do with Drake.

Multiple Jay Z homages or references too.

Because he said Hall of Fame? What are the others? What has Big Sean said to warrant Kendrick to diss him? I feel like you're piggybacking off of what's been said somewhere else.

Because he said Hall of Fame? What are the others? What has Big Sean said to warrant Kendrick to diss him? I feel like you're piggybacking off of what's been said somewhere else.
Big Sean definitely sent shots on No More Interviews last year

And I'm just not impressed by you niggas rapping fast
Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I’m rapping it back
Who you put in your top five and claim they the savior of rap

There was another shot on his album as well.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kendrick going out of his way to deliver a diss track to Sean of all people would be so disappointing.

With the amount of self hype he does in this song, I'm pretty sure he knows he's better than going there.

cordy

Banned

Sean's been at this for years but now Kendrick's finally saying something. Go back and watch old Breakfast Club interviews where they bring up Control and Kendrick, Sean kept saying Kendrick didn't wash him and he (Sean) was the best on it, kept saying that he (Sean) is at the upper tier of rappers, basically since that Control shit he's been on edge hearing this stuff. Sean then dropped No Interviews and I Decided and people finally said he's improved as a whole and he (Sean) feels this is him stepping up to Kendrick and it's him being "the best" in this. He's given out jabs to Kendrick before but never brought up his name in these songs.

Kendrick's just finally been like "alright nigga I'm gonna address it" now. Even in the old interviews when Kendrick's name was brought up you can tell it annoyed Sean and in a way it's downright disrespectful.

But Sean's been at this for years, the shots at Kendrick are pretty clear.

LionPride

Banned
The entire song of No More Interviews is just fuck this Kendrick dude

Allonym

Sean's been at this for years but now Kendrick's finally saying something. Go back and watch old Breakfast Club interviews where they bring up Control and Kendrick, Sean kept saying Kendrick didn't wash him and he (Sean) was the best on it, kept saying that he (Sean) is at the upper tier of rappers, basically since that Control shit he's been on edge hearing this stuff. Sean then dropped No Interviews and I Decided and people finally said he's improved as a whole and he (Sean) feels this is him stepping up to Kendrick and it's him being "the best" in this. He's given out jabs to Kendrick before but never brought up his name in these songs.

Kendrick's just finally been like "alright nigga I'm gonna address it" now. Even in the old interviews when Kendrick's name was brought up you can tell it annoyed Sean and in a way it's downright disrespectful.

But Sean's been at this for years, the shots at Kendrick are pretty clear.

I understand that. I think Big Sean has been deserving of being in the same conversation as Kendrick since Dark Sky Paradise. The guy has steadily improved with every body of work unlike some other guys people that are in the current rap top 5. Big Sean saying that he wasn't slaughtered on Control isn't an example of him dissing Kendrick nor is the fact that he believes he's always been competition for his more popular peers. Like he and other rappers have said, if you don't feel like you're the best at what you're doing, why are you doing it? I honestly agree with him, rap doesn't need saving, there's been a number of talented people in the genre before, during and I'm certain they'll be more after Kendrick. Saying that Kendrick's some type of rap savior is disrespectful and diminishes the work other people have been putting in for years. I think Drake's shots at Kendrick have been a lot more overt, leaving little room for alternate interpretation.

Allonym

The entire song of No More Interviews is just fuck this Kendrick dude

The top 5 savior line? Yea that maybe, but it's just him saying people need to chill with the guy's hype. The rapping fast shit, there's a large number of rappers who rap as fast and faster than Kendrick.

Allonym

Big Sean definitely sent shots on No More Interviews last year

And I'm just not impressed by you niggas rapping fast
Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I’m rapping it back
Who you put in your top five and claim they the savior of rap

There was another shot on his album as well.

I play I Decided nearly everyday when I go to work and I don't recall anything that could be interpreted as a diss to Kendrick. If you're talking about the "Nigga fuck what you know, I'm taking back control, the underdog turned to the wolf and the hunger steady grows" line... I think that'd be a reach because Sean already addressed that and said he can't take back something that already occurred and gave Kendrick his due respect for that. Beyond that and just saying his current top 5, Idk what else would qualify for a "diss" even a subliminal one.

cordy

Banned
I understand that. I think Big Sean has been deserving of being in the same conversation as Kendrick since Dark Sky Paradise. The guy has steadily improved with every body of work unlike some other guys people that are in the current rap top 5. Big Sean saying that he wasn't slaughtered on Control isn't an example of him dissing Kendrick nor is the fact that he believes he's always been competition for his more popular peers. Like he and other rappers have said, if you don't feel like you're the best at what you're doing, why are you doing it? I honestly agree with him, rap doesn't need saving, there's been a number of talented people in the genre before, during and I'm certain they'll be more after Kendrick. Saying that Kendrick's some type of rap savior is disrespectful and diminishes the work other people have been putting in for years. I think Drake's shots at Kendrick have been a lot more overt, leaving little room for alternate interpretation.

You and Sean are probably the only 2 to think that because in everything else I've seen and heard from others Kendrick's ahead of Sean here. Even if you compare their tracks you can easily see Kendrick is on a different level. If you want to compare bars, songwriting, storytelling and overall what it means to be a lyricist and artist then that's what'll have to be done because there's a divide between them. There's a difference between saying Sean's in the Top 5 of the mainstream (which I can agree on) and saying Sean's the best (which he's not and that's what Kendrick is right now). As for Sean saying he wasn't slaughtered, Kendrick clearly had the best verse no bullshit and his verse was the most talked about and controversial. There's a difference between thinking you're the best and looking at two artists and saying "ok, that's just how it is" because even more famous artists (Jay-Z for example) can admit when an artist does better than them on a track. At a certain point it gets to a territory of being stubborn and thinking your work is better than everyone else's when really, if you compare it piece by piece, it's not. It's no different than Gucci saying he's the best. Yeah, he can think that and rappers are free to think they're the best but...let's actually compare the work of these artists to make that assessment. Do you honestly think Gucci is better than a J Cole for example?

People saying Kendrick is "rap's savior" wasn't the disrespectful part because Kendrick himself didn't start saying that. Since S80, since Dre and the other West legends called him the new King of the West, since GKMC, multiple publications, everyone's stated that. Kendrick saying it is only in reference to others saying it on a track and as he's stated himself, when he says "king" he doesn't consider himself as the real "king", he says it to prove how hungry he is as an artist. Big Sean saying his comments on No Interviews is literally taking a shot by saying he isn't impressed by him, the work he's done and in turn this is piggybacking off his comments since Control.

Overall Sean has improved but there's a clear difference between Sean and Kendrick right now, it's not comparable but if people wanna compare them then yeah let's go on and do it. But yeah Sean was clearly going at Kendrick. There's even a video that came out a few days ago with Sean listening to Mike Will's track with Kendrick on it and the moment Kendrick's verse hits Sean literally stops for a few seconds, anyone could see that man looking different.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR06wA6gqKb/

IrishNinja

You and Sean are probably the only 2 to think that because in everything else I've seen and heard from others Kendrick's ahead of Sean here.

amen
sean's improved but he still has one of the worst voices in mainstream hip hop, like i get he's going for that obnoxious flow but it's not even entertaining. he can craft a song & works on hooks but he's never been on anything that stood out for me, just feels like he's noteworthy to some because the bar's low for his lane & he's gotten less mediocre.

i don't personally judge him as harshly as i might someone actually trying to be in kdot's lane like a smart-dumb dude like cole, but i don't see him as a like artist, much less anywhere near his level.

cordy

Banned
amen
sean's improved but he still has one of the worst voices in mainstream hip hop, like i get he's going for that obnoxious flow but it's not even entertaining. he can craft a song & works on hooks but he's never been on anything that stood out for me, just feels like he's noteworthy to some because the bar's low for his lane & he's gotten less mediocre.

i don't personally judge him as harshly as i might someone actually trying to be in kdot's lane like a smart-dumb dude like cole, but i don't see him as a like artist, much less anywhere near his level.

Exactly.

I like Sean, he's great at what he does and he's improving but I can't really compare the two. Two different types of artists.

Dereck

I'll go with Anthony Fantano's title for Big Sean as being one of Hip-Hop's most non essential characters. Big Sean is fine (in moderation) but I never thought he was good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Kendrick Lamar, instead of someone like Earl Sweatshirt.

There's even a video that came out a few days ago with Sean listening to Mike Will's track with Kendrick on it and the moment Kendrick's verse hits Sean literally stops for a few seconds, anyone could see that man looking different.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR06wA6gqKb/

Bars are one thing. But everybody linking this video like some kind of smoking gun is reaching hard. Sean barely moves the whole time and y'all are trying to act like a minor pause means something serious.

In any case the whole debate is moot. Kendrick took shots at both Drake and Sean and whoever else *thinks* this applies to them.

Why anyone thinks the dude must only be taking shots at one dude, I have no idea.

Song is dope too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom