• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Key figures purged from Trump transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wish Trump would cut these assholes a huge check for their dedication and service and get some better appointments.

Enosh

Another article on this subject included a tweet from Eliot Cohen, a former staffer at the State Department during the George W. Bush years. who spoke to the Trump team about a job. Cohen was basically abused over the phone; "you guys LOST". This 'safe pair of hands' basically said to stay away from the new administration.
dude wrote an article on being #nevertrump so of course they are going to tell him to fuck off

Loxley

Herein lies one of the major drawbacks of running and winning as an "outsider". Okay, gratz, you're the president. Do you now fill your entire cabinet with fellow politically inexperienced "outsiders" to appease your rabid base who want you to tear the establishment a new asshole? Or do you appoint people who actually know what they're doing? Doing the latter would make perfectly logical sense if you don't want your administration to be a complete disaster before it's even begun, but you risk looking like a liar to your constituency on top of giving the impression like you can now be corrupted by the elite establishment of Washington.

Also, that line about folks getting close to Trump just so they could be rewarded with positions of power is hilarious. Who could have guessed that after pissing off the establishment GOP the only Republicans left to publicly support you were assholes who were in it for themselves all along? Shocking.

As a side note, I'm getting giddy at the thought of Christie being kicked out. Gingrich next, please?

Lo-Volt

dude wrote an article on being #nevertrump so of course they are going to tell him to fuck off

Oh, sure. But it's a matter of context. I just don't think that response, or this story about a purging, should comfort anyone. The new government's base emotion is anger, and their goal is revenge above everything else. I think they're making that really clear with decisions like this. I mean, that's been Donald Trump's MO throughout this election (look at how he talked about John McCain). We shouldn't be surprised at all. But we can leave room to be shocked, because this guy is going to gobsmack us once he's actually in office.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trump may be a scumbag, but even he knows to play by the Saturday Morning Cartoon rules.

The sniveling, groveling little imp that follows the villain around giggling frantically can receive no greater reward than a solid punting when it's all said and done. That's the way things work. Even in Trump's America, that's the way things work.

Hope your ass stays sore for a good long while, Christie.

Ihyll

So now that leaves

Giuliani who is suffering from early stages of dementia

Kris Kobach who is a white nationalist and works for a hate organization.

And Steve Bannon another white supremacist

How long will Americans continue to take it?

Herein lies one of the major drawbacks of running and winning as an "outsider". Okay, gratz, you're the president. Do you now fill your entire cabinet with fellow politically inexperienced "outsiders" to appease your rabid base who want you to tear the establishment a new asshole? Or do you appoint people who actually know what they're doing? Doing the latter would make perfectly logical sense if you don't want your administration to be a complete disaster before it's even begun, but you risk looking like a liar to your constituency on top of giving the impression like you can now be corrupted by the elite establishment of Washington.

Also, that line about folks getting close to Trump just so they could be rewarded with positions of power is hilarious. Who could have guessed that after pissing off the establishment GOP the only Republicans left to publicly support you were assholes who were in it for themselves all along? Shocking.

As a side note, I'm getting giddy at the thought of Christie being kicked out. Gingrich next, please?

And because of that they have little no one to choose from for plenty of these positions.

I think Christie was demoted because of Trump's son-in-law. It is less about being anti-establishment and more about power plays by his inner circle.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Trump’s efforts to work more closely with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin amounted to “complicity in [the] butchering of the Syrian people” and “an unacceptable price for a great nation.”

Put your vote where your mouth is McCain. He is going to probably retire soon so why not join with the Democrats and obstruct Trump?

Lo-Volt

Until the "I got mine" crowd is ridiculously harmed by Trump's policies in action, assuming they don't cause a huge conflagration in the Republican Party. Republicans bend to the knee to keep their enterprise going, but they're going to lose 'control' of this administration.

Toxi

Banned
Put your vote where your mouth is McCain. He is going to probably retire soon so why not join with the Democrats and obstruct Trump?
McCain lost his spine some time around 2008.

He only denounced Trump after the "grab them by the pussy" video made it look like Trump was gonna sink.

Until the "I got mine" crowd is ridiculously harmed by Trump's policies in action, assuming they don't cause a huge conflagration in the Republican Party. Republicans bend to the knee to keep their enterprise going, but they're going to lose 'control' of this administration.

Even when they're directly, materially hurt by Trump's policies, they will blame Obama and the Democrats, based on whatever ridiculously flimsy logic Bannon feeds them. The Republican Party has weaponized stupidity, there's no going back to a scenario where our democracy actually works again.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Psychotics put in charge of government as opposed to your typical republicans

As a life long Democrat, I am so worried about what the next 4 years are gonna be like. I have never felt like this before. Ever. Before it was oh no taxes, healthcare. Now? Oh no....KKK.

Sounds like the shit show everyone who even did a little research on Trump expected it to be.

I love how people are getting fired for 'perceived ties' to Chris Christie. He truly is the Trotsky to Trump's Stalin.

I definitely didn't think it would matter (PoliGAF can vouch), but Bridgegate is too hot for even Trump to touch. They're already got 3 of his people convicted (not just indicted, but actually getting sentenced) for that shit, and he's probably getting hit with it later. Prosecution is just running up the chain of command, and I really don't think they'll miss Christie.

Retsudo

I'm not american, and while some of these names are familiar, others are not. But reading a bit on a few of his choices, is it possible that he is choosing people so extreme that even the Republican Party will try to put a stop on whatever demented ideas they may have?

Or is the GOP so fucked in the head, they will give him free reign for a few months to let everything crash and burn, and then swoop in and take over? Or just effectively support their decisions regardless of the outcome?

While i would like to assume he would now try to be an inclusive president and backpedal on a lot of shit he said in the campaign, some of his choices...Yikes

Am i reading this whole thing wrong? Apologies if i'm just asking stupid stuff.

I honestly don't see how Trump could last 4 years given that he's alienating established Democrats and Republicans and replacing them with people who are woefully inexperienced.

jfkgoblue

I'm not american, and while some of these names are familiar, others are not. But reading a bit on a few of his choices, is it possible that he is choosing people so extreme that even the Republican Party will try to put a stop on whatever demented ideas they may have?

Or is the GOP so fucked in the head, they will give him free reign for a few months to let everything crash and burn, and then swoop in and take over? Or just effectively support their decisions regardless of the outcome?

While i would like to assume he would now try to be an inclusive president and backpedal on a lot of shit he said in the campaign, some of his choices...Yikes

They are already saying that some of his campaign promises aren't happening

Davide

He himself seems to be back-pedalling but his considerations for key positions really have been the stuff of nightmares so far. I don't think the party can stop those appointments.

I'm not Canadian either, though.

Dabanton

So now that leaves

Giuliani who is suffering from early stages of dementia

Kris Kobach who is a white nationalist and works for a hate organization.

And Steve Bannon another white supremacist

I think the US sadly will need to see with their own eyes what a out and out fascist presidency is like.

I give it two years before Trump voters deny ever having voted for him.

so hmm anybody else hoping Trump may not be all that effecting with all his terrible policies because his administration will have too much infighting and too little political experience?

Retsudo

They are already saying that some of his campaign promises aren't happening

He himself seems to be back-pedalling but his considerations for key positions really have been the stuff of nightmares so far. I don't think the party can stop those appointments.

Yeah i read about some of the stuff he has now chosen to not do, but his choices seem to be a bit extreme and that does not bode well. Guess we just have to wait and see then.

Syncytia

so hmm anybody else Trump may not be all that effecting with all his terrible policies because his administration will have too much infighting and too little political experience?

If this keeps up, I would be more worried about his so called moderate positions that may or may not even truly exist. If he pisses off basically the entire establishment they aren't going to work with him. And because this is Trump, anything they pass in Congress will get a petty fuck you veto if Trump deems them unloyal.

What a mess. Has an insane person ever been elected? I mean, i thought Bush was as bad as it gets ...

Reagan wasn't all there, but he was also a preening idiot who seemingly had little interest in actually involving himself too deeply in the goings-on of the office.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So they're a wreck trying to get heads of office and so they'll probably have massive issues finding anyone to work below them. Yeah this is gonna be such a massive shitshow.

kess

What could be possibly better for a narcissist like Trump than a cabinet of crazy people trying to out do each other in competition to please his ego? Get ready for four years of factionalist backstabbing as power corrupts absolutely.

Kimawolf

Someone explain this to me because I'm dumb

what does this all entail
He os rewarding pundits with random jobs they are not qualified for if they were really mice to him on tv and said mean things bout Hillary.

Oh and are racist shits.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, to be honest Trump is a lot less scary than the people he is surrounding himself with. And it seems to be getting worse.

At this point my hope is that his cabinet is so awful that even many Republicans refuse to stand with him. I'm not on board the "most of America is outwardly racist and wants Trump to be a fascist ruler" train, if he pulls that shit there will be backlash and Republicans could be putting their seats in jeopardy by supporting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom