• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Key figures purged from Trump transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This administration is going to be such a complete disaster that we'll all be praying for a coup, won't it?

Or at the very least enough impeachments to wipe out Trump's circle.

Boke1879

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
Trump transition in stasis. Obama administration officials are alarmed. And so are GOPers
huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-t… w/ @ryanjreilly

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
The internal strife is more than Christie related. Reince is skittish about Lewandowski taking over the RNC huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-t…

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
One Democrat said Trump transition folks are asking Obama aides for recommendations of Republicans to hire huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-t…

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
The anger towards Christie seems real though. Not just Bridgegate. Trump upset abt abandonment post Billy Bush tape huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-t…

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
So Trump ditched his press pool tonight to grab a steak dinner-- a terrible violation of protocol that his defenders will probably cheer

Strap in folks!

Dryk

So not only are they totally incompetent they're trying to take over the RNC too? This is going to be interesting to watch :S

Lois_Lane

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
One Democrat said Trump transition folks are asking Obama aides for recommendations of Republicans to hire huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-t…

Wait.... this might not be such a bad thing.

Boney

Banned
Can't wait to hear what Katrina Pierson's position will be.

Could Anyone fill me in on the Christie stuff? However awful it's this incestous cabinet, Christie taking the L is just too good.

Democratic cabinet incoming :eek:

It's your fault if you get my hopes up and this doesn't happen

No surprise, seeing as his first choice for VP was Vladimir Putin

raw

Parshias7

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp

There's this really great guy, name is... Barry. Barry O....rlando. He is definitely a Republican and not a former POTUS in whiteface. Yes. Surely.

di-WYZL.gif

What a mess. I hope that the bit about them asking Obama's aides for recs is true and they actually go ahead with them. Could be one of the few silver linings in this nightmare.

Boke1879

is this good? is this bad?

It proves that Trump and most people around him aren't prepared for this at all. When Dems and GOP are fucking worried about just you transition team that's a big red flag. When your team isn't showing up to meetings they are supposed to be it gets people worried.

In two months. This man and his staff will be leading the country. They need to be briefed on certain things.If they are asking Obama aides what republicans to nominate to key positions that tells me first off they didn't expect to win and no one is qualified to do what they are doing.

Breads

Banned
Bad for America, validation for everyone against this man.

Is it really that bad for America though? His initial picks were horrifying and people were rightfully crying doom. At least now there is hope for more reasonable picks than what was almost assuredly going to be a shitshow of historic proportions.

It proves that Trump and most people around him aren't prepared for this at all. When Dems and GOP are fucking worried about just you transition team that's a big red flag. When your team isn't showing up to meetings they are supposed to be it gets people worried.

In two months. This man and his staff will be leading the country. They need to be briefed on certain things.If they are asking Obama aides what republicans to nominate to key positions that tells me first off they didn't expect to win and no one is qualified to do what they are doing.

Which is why you tend to hire politicians for this sort of job. Which is why I've always found it funny when someone thinks an Independent or Green party or your average write-in person should get the job. These people do not realize the fucking MOUNTAINS you must move in order to prepare the administration and then keep it running for 4 years. This election just proves yet again how utterly stupid/ignorant the average voter is of the process. The Presidency isn't something you should "roll the dice" on.

Vestal

Gold Member
Is it really that bad for America though? His initial picks were horrifying and people were rightfully crying doom. At least now there is hope for more reasonable picks than what was almost assuredly going to be a shitshow of historic proportions.

Time will tell I guess. Instability sends a very bad signal to the world though. I mean its already the shitiest of shit shows. Going further down the drain makes it look worse.

slit

The best thing that could happen would be GOP infighting where we get essentially a freeze frame for 2-4 years. If anyone can do that, it'd be Trump.

Biske

Buckle up for about 4 years of this shit.

Above all things, Trump is a fucking bungler and he surrounds himself with assholes. Usually assholes don't all get along, so its one unending process of these fucks all climbing up the same fucking ladder, at the same times.

Still, fucking great to see Chris Christie grovel like a bitch boy and then get tossed aside. Hows that ass taste Chris?

Especially as, Trump has so much baggage and awful shit, any one of them can fuck him over with it, thats some nasty leverage they all have against eachother.

Sinfamy

Watch Trump come out swinging and pivots to be the liberal Messiah.
Cabinet members:
Department of the Treasury - Elizabeth Warren
Department of Justice - Barrack Obama
Department of State - Rand Paul
Department of Commerce - Bernie Sanders

Strimei

Still, fucking great to see Chris Christie grovel like a bitch boy and then get tossed aside. Hows that ass taste Chris?

Yeah that's definitely some tasty schadenfreude. Guy threw his lot in and even though Trump wins, he loses. Hah.

While all this backstabbing and bickering puts the whole damn nation at risk, I'll still take some entertainment from it.

I'm not american, and while some of these names are familiar, others are not. But reading a bit on a few of his choices, is it possible that he is choosing people so extreme that even the Republican Party will try to put a stop on whatever demented ideas they may have?

Or is the GOP so fucked in the head, they will give him free reign for a few months to let everything crash and burn, and then swoop in and take over? Or just effectively support their decisions regardless of the outcome?

While i would like to assume he would now try to be an inclusive president and backpedal on a lot of shit he said in the campaign, some of his choices...Yikes

Am i reading this whole thing wrong? Apologies if i'm just asking stupid stuff.
Most of his picks are insane, but Id be wary of anything coming out of the mouth of Republican neo-conservatives that defected to the Clinton campaign, swore they would never serve Trump and now talk about "putting their country first" as they make overtures to join the new administration.

If there is one silver lining from the shit show that is Trump winning the Presidency, it's that a piece of garbage like Chris Christie sold his soul for nothing.

Yeah that's definitely some tasty schadenfreude. Guy threw his lot in and even though Trump wins, he loses. Hah.

While all this backstabbing and bickering puts the whole damn nation at risk, I'll still take some entertainment from it.

When we get to the point where any of these shenanigans pose a bigger risk to the country than his actual picks for cabinet positions, I'll let you know it's time to stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom