• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Key figures purged from Trump transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

When we get to the point where any of these shenanigans pose a bigger risk to the country than his actual picks for cabinet positions, I'll let you know it's time to stop laughing.

I'll probably still laugh, but more the sort of defeated, tears streaming down my face from my fears laughter of the insane at that point.

Lime

Gaffney is the new member

CxWP8LiXUAQjg8H

If I was Muslim I'd start making me and my family really really safe and secure right now

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
lmao he connected Grover Norquist to the Muslim Brotherhood

nobody wants him in their brotherhood. not even the vapers would have him and nobody likes the vapers!

Shadybiz

Is the steakhouse thing for real?! If so...I think we can see how seriously he'll be taking all of this Presidency stuff.

Aselith

Is the steakhouse thing for real?! If so...I think we can see how seriously he'll be taking all of this Presidency stuff.

The White House Correspondents Dinner is going to be held at a Denny's. Hey, it's all you can eat! Tremendous spread just wonderful.

Biske

Yeah that's definitely some tasty schadenfreude. Guy threw his lot in and even though Trump wins, he loses. Hah.

While all this backstabbing and bickering puts the whole damn nation at risk, I'll still take some entertainment from it.

When we get to the point where any of these shenanigans pose a bigger risk to the country than his actual picks for cabinet positions, I'll let you know it's time to stop laughing.

Its definitely a god damn nightmare. And the fact that we basically have Jared Kushner in charge is such an absurd level of fuckery that its almost unspeakable.

On the one hand, Chris Christie is a disaster in his own right, YET compared to the other jokers we'd probably be much better served with him doing something, at least he has some experience in government and how it functions.

And while Kushner has the amazing qualification of being... the guy who fucks his daughter, his influence is probably far better than fucks like Steve Bannon.

Its just a god damn mess, a mess! a SAD! mess.

Don't know what to think of any of it, so all I have is amusing with myself with Chris Christie gettin fucked.

On the one hand, Chris Christie is a disaster in his own right, YET compared to the other jokers we'd probably be much better served with him doing something, at least he has some experience in government and how it functions.

I think the major upshot of Christie would be that at the end of the day whenever you needed him to do the right thing you could just send any larger mammal into his office* to intimidate him and get it done. You can at least count on him to cower, whine, and spinelessly fold in favor of his personal interests and safety.

Bannon, unfortunately, has either the strength of delusional convictions or actual ambition backing his plays (maybe both), which requires considerably more pressure to bend.

*I am aware that finding mammals larger than Christie is harder than I make it sound.

Shadybiz

The White House Correspondents Dinner is going to be held at a Denny's. Hey, it's all you can eat! Tremendous spread just wonderful.

You know, Denny's used to have really unattractive and bland meals. But now that they've teamed up with the Sharper Image and Trump Steaks, that's all changed! Excellent merger!

"Bicoastal Elite" says it all. Mike Pence is running the show and Trump is the bratty child figurehead. This is the evangelical white nationalist right's vengeful stand against "the liberal/intellectual agenda".

If you want Civil War #2, come at me motherfuckers.

slit

"Bicoastal Elite" says it all. Mike Pence is running the show and Trump is the bratty child figurehead. This is the evangelical white nationalist right's vengeful stand against "the liberal/intellectual agenda".

No, it seems like Pence is not running the show! Nobody is. It seems like it's changing by the hour. They don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Christie so fucking useless. First "mainstream" e doesn't for Trump, now gets kicked off when he might have been the only semi-sane voice in the room

He sure will show those bicoastal elite, from his sumptuous homes in NYC's Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago golf course in Florida.

~Kinggi~

Banned
i mean those tweets are almost parody, so we could still be in the bullshit fud phase. Which we are.

but oh boy if they are true!

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
So Trump ditched his press pool tonight to grab a steak dinner-- a terrible violation of protocol that his defenders will probably cheer
What does this mean? What is standard with a press pool?

Watch Trump come out swinging and pivots to be the liberal Messiah.
Cabinet members:
Department of the Treasury - Elizabeth Warren
Department of Justice - Barrack Obama
Department of State - Rand Paul
Department of Commerce - Bernie Sanders
The problem is that he would definitely not ally himself with the people who trashed him so recently. Obama was wise and went light on the Trump insults in lieu of Clinton praise. He can actually have a say in this administration as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom