• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC secret recipe potentially revealed by the Colonel's nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.
fhOJM8L.jpg

The Sanders genes are strong.

jombag

blech Kenny Rogers is the bomb. Hickory flavored chicken is delicious. Its the wood that makes it good.

I don't understand the love for Popeyes. Their fried chicken is too salty for our local taste. They're just pieces of salty meat. Not surprisingly, Popeyes folded so quick in my country faster than a lawn chair even when they had opened their branches in popular shopping malls. There, I say it, it won't be missed.

I want to know the Popeyes recipe for their spicy. That's the real deal.

Why the hell did KFC give up on the Nashville Hot they were trying out? I had it once and I liked it and the next time I was there a month later they said it was gone. :(

Dai101

Banned
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Birthday Cake whenever I read MSG

You were born in the sixties

We made a war with the Vietnamese

We loved LSD, we died easily

Can we just say c'est la vie?

So what! Say what! For your own sake

Do you have a headache or heartbreak?

Are you made or broken by the birthday cake?

You may be slow on the uptake

I pour pot in the birthday cake

So what! Say what! For my own sake

Watch out yo! Here I come yo!

I'm gonna change to a rattlesnake

Turn up the TV! Do you agree?

Yeah, I'm talking turkey Take it from me

I'm gonna show my love for my dove

"But it's moldy, mom, isn't it?"

Larogue

Ok you got the spices, but the actual coating contains more than that, some ingredients are not available for house cooking, neither we know how they are used. Here is a direct quote from KFC.com :

Original Recipe® Chicken

Fresh Chicken Marinated With: Salt, Sodium Phosphate and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Sodium Chloride and Anti-caking agent (Tricalcium Phosphate), Whey, Nonfat Milk, Egg Whites, Corn Starch, Potato Starch, Maltodextrin,Triglycerides, Natural Flavoring (Milk), Gelatin (From Chicken), Colonel’s Secret Original Recipe Seasoning.

https://www.kfc.com/assets/pdfs/kfc_ingredients.pdf

Ok you got the spices, but the actual coating contains more than that, some ingredients are not available for house cooking, neither we know how they are used. Here is direct quote from KFC.com :

Original Recipe® Chicken

Fresh Chicken Marinated With: Salt, Sodium Phosphate and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Sodium Chloride and Anti-caking agent (Tricalcium Phosphate), Whey, Nonfat Milk, Egg Whites, Corn Starch, Potato Starch, Maltodextrin,Triglycerides, Natural Flavoring (Milk), Gelatin (From Chicken), Colonel’s Secret Original Recipe Seasoning.

https://www.kfc.com/assets/pdfs/kfc_ingredients.pdf
I doubt the original Col. Sanders had any of that stuff, though, so I would imagine just mixing it all up and frying it in Crisco will give you a good (probably way better than what you can get at the store these days anyway) approximation.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Where do you buy your msg from? In bulk from costco?

You can buy shakers of MSG. Usually the best place to find them is at grocery stores that cater to poor people but aren't part of a large chain. They'll usually be with the Asian food.

The true secret ingredient is the pressure fryer which gives the chicken the unique texture and moistness. Can't really get a pressure fryer at home.

norm9

Had original recipe kfc today. Was extra greasy for some reason. I think I prefer the extra crispy version.

I'm confused how this is news to people.

Do you not cook? Anyone who knows their way around a kitchen should be able to whip up an approximation of KFC.

Also, y'all cook some pale ass chicken if 4 tablespoons of Paprika seems like alot.

jstripes

Banned
I'm confused how this is news to people.

Do you not cook? Anyone who knows their way around a kitchen should be able to whip up an approximation of KFC.

Also, y'all cook some pale ass chicken if 4 tablespoons of Paprika seems like alot.

I cook to live, I don't live to cook. :p

The best I can do with chicken is a halfway decent chicken parmagiana.

I don't understand the love for Popeyes. Their fried chicken is too salty for our local taste. They're just pieces of salty meat. Not surprisingly, Popeyes folded so quick in my country faster than a lawn chair even when they had opened their branches in popular shopping malls. There, I say it, it won't be missed.

I don't know if it's still the case, but back in the day "spicy" everywhere but New Orleans used to be the same as "mild" down here. I always wondered what the rest of the world thought of Popeyes because local spicy is the only way to go.

bman94

I'm surprised it wasn't:
1. Shit
2. Shit
3. Shit
4. Shit
5. Shit
6. Shit
7. Shit
8. Shit
9. Shit
10. Shit