• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC to Offer BONELESS Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, its DELICIOUS. Now I'm hungry as hell and the nearest KFC is a 40 minute drive away...and its probably closed right now.

Dat Spicy Zinger Tower OMNOM NOM NOM

383461_374335285931423_1634809780_n.jpg

edit: Oh shit I just found out you guys dont get this in the US!!

Oh man you people are missing BIG TIME

But we had the Double Down...

KFC-Double-Down.jpg

awm8604

Banned
Can't wait until the scientists genetically engineer boneless chickens.

They grow so disproportionately now that they can barely move around at maturity so it's only a matter of time.

I tried this yesterday and they were very good. Tasted pretty much identical to bone-in.

I got the 2 piece combo meal. Much cheaper than their crispy strips and a lot more meat for the money.

I didn't miss the skin at all because I usually pull it off (I don't like the flavor of pure fat), so these are a thumbs up for me.

NomarTyme

Just saw the commercial here in Southern California... I was under the assumption it was skinless and boneless, but from the commercial there is a crispy skin option! Gonna try some later on this week.

tim.mbp

Stopped at KFC for lunch and got the 2pc. meal. It was terrible. Couldn't even finish one piece. I could barely taste chicken, mostly breading and salt. Would not recommend.

numble

Just saw the commercial here in Southern California... I was under the assumption it was skinless and boneless, but from the commercial there is a crispy skin option! Gonna try some later on this week.
There is no skin, but there is breading.

I love how KFCs outside of the United States often have a bigger selection (and most of the time better) on their menu.

KFC Philippines is amazing.

Downhome

I tried this the other day, and just accidentally had a piece for lunch once again just now. I'll explain that in a second.

First off, I love chicken. It is my favorite meat and I could cut out all other meats and be perfectly happy with just chicken. I also hate bones of any sort in any meat, even chicken. I mean, I'll eat it if it is the only option, but I prefer boneless, especially chicken. It was only natural that this new offering from KFC would be a perfect fit for me, especially since I normally enjoy their other choices for the most part.

So I went and I ordered a two piece. My first mistake was that I had no clue it was going to be the same as their normal chicken where they offer both white and dark meat. They certainly didn't mention it when I ordered. I'm not a huge fan of dark, so having one of the two pieces be dark meat wasn't a good start. I knew I was in trouble the second I opened the box. It didn't look ANYTHING like in the commercials or in the pictures. I know, you can't ever trust that, but it looked like a completely different product all together. It was this super dark crusted "thing". I started to eat it, then I realized the gimmick. This isn't just a nice single piece of chicken that you bite into and enjoy. No, it seems to me what they have done is taken two different pieces of chicken, deboned them both, and then pressed them together with some sort of disgusting slimy/sticky substance to hold them together, and fried them in a concoction not anywhere close to what it should be.

To make matters worse, the first piece that I thought was white meat ended up being half white meat and another totally separate piece of dark meat. I thought it was an accident, but I don't believe so now. Anyway, I was only able to eat very little of it. Just the mere sight of it disgusted me, and then the taste was awful as well and a short while later it made me physically sick. That never happens when I eat KFC normally. I ended up throwing the majority of it in the trash.

So how I "accidentally" had it again today, well I went in and ordered the Colonel's Original Sandwich. I thought this would be like what they have had in the past where it's one solid piece of chicken, like any other piece of chicken you would get on a sandwich like at CFA or wherever. Nope, it was just a piece of this awful disgusting boneless chicken on a bun with an awful sauce smeared all over it. I took a bite and the boneless chicken literally fell apart. It was, once again, two pieces pressed together and stuck with the disgusting slimy/sticky substance. Oh, and once again, it was one half white and one half dark so that that has to be intentional in the end. Also, like the first time, it has made me sick to my stomach even though I didn't eat hardly any of it and I tossed most of it in the trash once again.

It goes without saying that I'll never try it again, but it has turned me off of KFC entirely. I wont have a desire to go there again after these two visits for a long, long time. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

To make matters worse my dad either saw on TV or read in the paper today where it said that KFC was seriously considering phasing out the bone-in chicken entirely and replacing it all together with this boneless crap.

Stay away from this crap, seriously, stay far far away. Trust me on this one.

tajd

Banned
kfc already do boneless chicken the boneless deluxe meal no ? of you mean the family buckets will become boneless im confused :(

No, it seems to me what they have done is taken two different pieces of chicken, deboned them both, and then pressed them together with some sort of disgusting slimy/sticky substance to hold them together

It was, once again, two pieces pressed together and stuck with the disgusting slimy/sticky substance. Oh, and once again, it was one half white and one half dark so that that has to be intentional in the end.

That's Meat Glue (transglutaminase). It's actually pretty common.

andycapps

That story above is why you should all eat dark meat. People that eat boneless chicken are monsters.. Monsters, I tell you.

andycapps

even chicken breast?

Chicken breast is fine with me until we're talking about fried chicken. The bones are convenient handles for me to eat the chicken off of. But yeah, I eat chicken breasts all the time with broccoli or whatever for my cut.

I tried some of these today; not a fan. They're really salty (more so than usual) and there's not that much meat in between. Also, they're charging 25 cents per piece if you want it boneless. So a 10-piece bucket that costs $12 now costs $17. Wtf?

Sort of off-topic, but has anyone tried Popeye's shrimp po' boy? Is it worth buying?

I've been kind of wanting a po' boy lately, and I was thinking this could be a fast/cheap option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom