• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC to Offer BONELESS Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Yes, its DELICIOUS. Now I'm hungry as hell and the nearest KFC is a 40 minute drive away...and its probably closed right now.

Dat Spicy Zinger Tower OMNOM NOM NOM

383461_374335285931423_1634809780_n.jpg

edit: Oh shit I just found out you guys dont get this in the US!!

Oh man you people are missing BIG TIME

USA has the Doublicious, and having had both it and the Tower, I would say USA gets the better of this deal.

jL3d2UZ.jpg

I'm looking forward to trying the boneless chicken, as it sounds more than just strips or filets, especially if I can get it in dark meat.

painey

Wait a second. You guys in the US don't have the boneless fillets at your KFCs? We've had those in the UK for, like, 4 years or so now, if not more. They're great. They're not McDonalds style 'pink slime' reconstituted meat either, they're proper bits of breast.

boneless-banquet-for-one-productimage.jpg

They definitely don't taste the same as the normal chicken pieces, probably because of the lack of skin and not having any bone to affect the flavour, but they're my go-to KFC meal these days. Occasionally I'll go for the normal bone pieces because they've got a certain lovely flavour, but otherwise the fillets are the future.

They don't even have chips or Zinger Burgers here in the USA. It's amazing how poor KFC is compared to the UK, and seeing as this is where it came from it is astounding..

rpmurphy

They don't even have chips or Zinger Burgers here in the USA. It's amazing how poor KFC is compared to the UK, and seeing as this is where it came from it is astounding..
Honestly, maybe KFC continues to survive here in the US simply because of its brand name and having locations everywhere, because pretty much every other fried chicken or chicken finger chain restaurant you can find here is better.

I work at KFC and went to a meeting about this.

Making such a big deal over a new addition to our menus, we got to try it out and it was pretty good but nothing super amazing.

The slogan for the boneless chicken is "I ate the bone!". I don't like it very much.

akira28

The slogan for the boneless chicken is "I ate the bone!". I don't like it very much.

wut.

I guess with more people eating prepared fast foods and doing less of their own cooking, the whole dealing with cutting your own meat and dealing with bones and stuff isn't as common. I have friends who refuse to eat food with bones in it, because "bones are gross". And now you can get all cuts of chicken without bones. Before it used to be just the breast, but now you can get boneless chicken, boneless pork cuts, etc.

best thing out of kfc are still those stuffed bowls or w/e it's called.

Anyways, yall should visit the fastfood OT sometimes. Fun and greasy times!

Log4Girlz

Who the fuck cares about fries when we got those amazing potato wedges? Srsly

Coconutt

The new chicken, which is skinless and comes in white or dark meat, are whole muscle pieces fileted off the bone and are about twice the size of KFC’s crispy strips. Customers will be able to order them for the chain’s meal deals, which include two pieces of chicken, a side, a biscuit and a drink for $4.99.
I'm out.

I'll try it. Curious how the boneless dark meat will taste.

It was alright but the White Meat was better. The Breast was incredible. Wing was alright. Thigh and Legs are meh.

The commercial that's going to air is a commercial of a Man who eats/ate a whole bucket of chicken, his family walks in and his daughters say "Dad... I think you ate the bones!" (because the bones aren't there because it's boneless chicken) the man then freaks out and screams "I ate the bones? I ATE THE BONES?!"

It was kind of funny.

They're hoping the phrase "I ATE THE BONE" becomes as popular as "Where's the Beef?" (which I don't think is very popular lol). I don't know, "I ATE THE BONES!" isn't very catchy.

Dennis

Banned
Drumstick pls. The bone is essential for the right feel and taste.

But go on, have your tasteless cardboard boneless chicken byproduct.

Hoo-doo

Banned
People who actually eat the bone marrow are not people to me. They are disgusting animals.

Good call, KFC. Bones suck.

wetwired

sweet, I've been asking for just a hot and spicy breast piece and chips for years now, I pay a fraction of the cost of buying multiple pieces with fuckall meat on them.

Here in Australia at least they will never turn you down unless they don't have any. Though occassionly I they'll give me a rib by mistake.

Also I was bitterly disappointed by KFC in the UK, your chips have no seasons like the ones here, they're just salted :(

People who actually eat the bone marrow are not people to me. They are disgusting animals.

Good call, KFC. Bones suck.

I eat the cartilage bones and marrow. You aren't a real man if you don't. If it came down to an Alive situation where people had to be eaten I would eat you first because of your weakness. Yes even if the food had not yet run out.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I eat the cartilage bones and marrow. You aren't a real man if you don't. If it came down to an Alive situation where people had to be eaten I would eat you first because of your weakness. Yes even if the food had not yet run out.

I can't be seen talking to you. Go be a "real man" somewhere else, you're disgusting!

Soodanim

I didn't fully read the OP but I'm confused. Here in the UK we've had a boneless buckets and boneless boxes for years, and I imagine this is essentially the same thing.

Also, while we're on the topic, KFC can fuck off now. They switched their chips from nice fat ones to horrible, even thinner than McDonalds ones. How am I supposed to enjoy dipping those abominations into gravy?

Fusebox

Banned
Uh, hello, drumsticks? If KFC goes full boneless I'm gonna be pissed. Drumsticks are my favourite piece, then thigh, then wing. Breasts are always dry and funless.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
they did? i was talking to my friend about them yesterday and i was wondering if they still offered them.

At the two near my house they did, don't know why.

Probably because they made me gain about 500lbs a week.

Darryl

Banned
Got some today. They're just big chicken strips.

i picked up some today as well. took a big bite out of one thinking it was like a strip and got a mouth full of dark meat and fat. the white meat ones are a lot closer to chicken strips, basically just thick instead of thin. they're good either way though, i'll probably be eating these more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom