• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC to Offer BONELESS Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
#TeamBoneless. It's just the natural evolution of the medium (of chicken). While its good name has been debased by the nuggets of the world - hopefully one day we can get past our prejudices, and realize that we are all #TeamBoneless. Some just choose to remove the bones themselves.

Alternate Joke:
The bones were rendered in the Fox Engine

Chuckl3s

I believe them bones are me
Some say we're born into the grave
I feel so alone
Gonna end up a big ol' pile of them bones

I love all the dumb Americans who go out and buy super high carb food and think it's healthy b/c it's low fat. When in actuality fat (outside of trans and vegetable oils) are REALLY good for you, help you lose weight, and help balance cholesterol.

THAT USDA FOOD PYRAMID.
That pyramid is missing bones

jediyoshi

I love all the dumb Americans who go out and buy super high carb food and think it's healthy b/c it's low fat. When in actuality fat (outside of trans and vegetable oils) are REALLY good for you, help you lose weight, and help balance cholesterol.

How do they make you feel though

Man at least with the bones you know you're actually getting a proper piece of chicken, knowing how chicken nuggets are made I would not trust any 'boneless' chicken really

jonezer4

I'm surprised they haven't just genetically engineered chickens to be born without bones.

Mmmmmmmm.

THAT USDA FOOD PYRAMID.

I'm a dumb American, and I haven't known anyone since about 1997 that actually thinks low fat (especially if it's being supplanted with high carb) is inherently healthy. Maybe you're not as ahead of the curve as you seem to think.

Ripclawe

Banned
“Younger people don’t tend to be fans of bones — they’ve grown up with nuggets,” said KFC spokesman Rick Maynard, referring to people in their 20s and 30s.

disgusting plebs. chicken on a bone is far superior than boneless. What we have here is the laziness of the young to eat a good piece of chicken.

I get no bones or shells for seafood, but chicken? This isn't steak, the meat comes right off the bone easily.

Digging your face into them thighs.

Fun fact: my online handle was made from my love of chicken.

New idea - take skin not served with boneless chicken, bread & deep fry it, then stack it(alternate layers with cheese, bacon, and chipotle mayo) - and serve it as a sandwhich. Use afformentioned boneless fillets as bread.

Ferrio

Banned
Wonder what Sanders would think of KFC now? Bet he'd be really really pissed...if I recall he was a real asshole when it came to getting his stuff right.

Ominym

Banned
Wait, am I in the test market for this again? KFC has been broadcasting these "I ate the bones?!" commercials here for a while now, and they've been selling what you described too.

I know my home town (Omaha) was the test city for the double down, so when everyone on the internet was freaking out about it, it was old news to me.

entremet

Bones are where the flavor is.

You boneless people should become vegetarians. You betray your omnivore heritage.

Ashodin

#TeamBoneless

Boned chicken is terrible. And you could potentially choke on a bone and die. Rather not, thanks

Mudkips

Banned
Boneless = mcnugget pink slurry meat

Boneless is never a good thing.

These are fillets cut from the bone. It's in the OP.
This is not "pink slurry meat" or "strawberryicecream.jpg". That's mechanically separated meat (which itself is completely different from "pink slime"). And the only thing bad about mechanically separated meat is the texture - it's just as healthy as regular meat and it's less wasteful.

I can't wait for the corresponding "Bucket o' Skin & Bones" menu item.

segasonic

Have you ever tried making a soup using the bones from KFC? I've heard it's really good with a little bit more work. =O

U3IyUGxxWHcwM1kx_o_carl-weathers-got-stew-going.jpg

GodofWine

I hope they can no longer refer to it as fried chicken.

This also allows them to slide slowly from real chicken to almost real chicken to mcnugget extrusion patties coated in breading.

The Colonel would flip his lid over this

#teambones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom