• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC to Offer BONELESS Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worms lay the boneless eggs.

No bones!

images

undu

Is it weird that I've never had KFC in my life?

I went into one and tried the chicken, never again. I found it disgusting, which is surprising, given that's just chicken and oil.

I usually fry the chicken with rosemary and garlic in a bit of olive oil, so yummy.

Nakazato

Dear KFC,

I have been Defending you for the longest. But I cant not defend your choice to make boneless skinless chicken....

KFC brought out a skinless fried chicken in the 90's, marketed as a healthier alternative. This was back in the days when they were still using transfat oils, back before anyone really gave a shit about it.

Edit: It sucked

Dachande

Wait a second. You guys in the US don't have the boneless fillets at your KFCs? We've had those in the UK for, like, 4 years or so now, if not more. They're great. They're not McDonalds style 'pink slime' reconstituted meat either, they're proper bits of breast.

boneless-banquet-for-one-productimage.jpg

They definitely don't taste the same as the normal chicken pieces, probably because of the lack of skin and not having any bone to affect the flavour, but they're my go-to KFC meal these days. Occasionally I'll go for the normal bone pieces because they've got a certain lovely flavour, but otherwise the fillets are the future.

cruets

It just won't taste the same. No bone, no skin, ...just don't trust em to keep it real de-boned chicken. They'll just use the cheapest chicken meat they can find in the end. Their strips already suck

MYE

I just tried one of those the other day. Holy shit was it good. I only eat the chicken burgers at KFC. A spicy big crunch is a nice treat.

Yes, its DELICIOUS. Now I'm hungry as hell and the nearest KFC is a 40 minute drive away...and its probably closed right now.

Dat Spicy Zinger Tower OMNOM NOM NOM

383461_374335285931423_1634809780_n.jpg

edit: Oh shit I just found out you guys dont get this in the US!!

Oh man you people are missing BIG TIME

BigDug13

Well one thing you can say about a boned chicken is that it's actual chicken. While a McDonald's chicken nuggets is mostly corn product of some kind.

So is KFC going with more of a corn product masquerading as chicken to replace their actual chicken?

Chris R

Does KFC offer the Zinger + Hashbrown in America? Just saw an ad for it on Canadian tv... shit looked good, and it isn't often I say that about something from KFC (#teampopeye)

edit: missed the discussion about the Zinger above! Haven't been to a KFC in 3 or 4 years so I wouldn't know if they carry it here.

Metalmarc

Dear usa GAF, ive rarely ate kfc on the bone, maybe twice ever
You guys dont have the boneless banquet or boneless box? Like we do in the uk?

I always have boneless kfc meals, always

Oh man my fave is the boneless fillets, popcorn, a side of gravy and fries

Or the supercharger burger which has a spicy sauce or the flamin wrap which is basically similar spicy sauce with a boness piece in a wrap

And also the hot shots which are kinda like spicy nuggets or if you guys get the popcorn chicken pieces, they're like a larger version of those but spicy

bwahhhhh

Based on customer trends, the chain
says bones could eventually disappear
from its menu.

now hole on there playa

boned chicked = best chicken. the best meat is right by the bone (same with steak, pork chops, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom