• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

In honor of Devin's pursuit of his dreams, I shall name my Mass Effect: Andromeda character after him and strive to do all the things he envisions for his game, including making my skills better.
Devin Sorbo will become the master of space as we know it.

You'd think Kickstarter would parse things like 'Star Wars' and 'Poké-' in project titles and automatically flag and hide them for review until the project starter can prove they're authentic and have permission.

Guys, I think this might have a shot. Reasons:

• Devin Tripp is a very Star-Warsy name
  • My uncle works for Disney
  • How many other Kickstarters have gotten to 13 pages on GAF this fast?

I rest my case.

adj_noun

You'd think Kickstarter would parse things like 'Star Wars' and 'Poké-' in project titles and automatically flag and hide them until the uploaded can prove they're authentic.

But someone using My Little Pony gave me my favorite Kickstarter fan film description ever.

Twilight Sparkle, in her human form, where she is invited by her friends on a trip to New York City with her friends. But the problem is; she would rather study than go shopping and have fun. Luckily, Pinkie Pie is there to help save the day.

And while the Ponies are having fun in NYC, a blood thirsty vampire who seeks out for young woman blood is out to drain the blood from Twilight Sparkle.

GavinUK86

v6HYIGy.png

giphy.gif

Stopped reading here

"Like many of us when we were kids we wanted to be like Luke skywalker or obi one kinobi, but like all of us"

The troll is strong with this one.

I chuckled though

Boss Mog

Is this a joke? I mean does that guy really think he's gonna scam people just like that. Well apparently so since he already has over 8k...

adj_noun

Boss★Moogle;191341553 said:
Is this a joke? I mean does that guy really think he's gonna scam people just like that. Well apparently so since he already has over 8k...

I doubt it's a joke. And he doesn't have any money. He only GETS money if the KS is successful.

Luke_Wal

They want to make a Fallout-sized open world RPG, have no experience making games, and haven't had discussions about the actual Star Wars license? Yeah, okay.

Kusagari

As I know there are other "very good" games over Star Wars, but within the bounds of good taste, I believe that these RPG's over Star Wars have not reached their full potential.

What does this even mean?

He does realize EA has an open world Star Wars game in production?

Like I was confused when I say this thread, because I though this was EA at first. I was like "has kickstarter sunk so far that one the biggest pub in gaming is doing it?". Then I saw it wasn't official, and I laughed. EA lawyers gonna have some fun soon. Maybe Disney lawyers too.

Heyasuki

200k to build an open world RPG? ahahaha ha ha...

Not the type of game that can be kick started. These cost min 30 million to make.

So this is one guy who doesn't have the Star Wars rights, is not a good programmer, is not a good artist, he's going to make it as beautiful as Battlefront and as intricate as The Witcher 3, all on a $200k budget? Sure thing pal.

calder

Now in a truly perfect world he hits 200k and gets "funded" before Disney kills this. Or Disney doesn't respond until he asks for a license, which won't happen until after the KS closes.

Basically, I just what to see the ppl clicking on it as a joke get charged before it gets smothered with the cold pillow of reality.

Maybe if we give this guy a million EA will see the raw potential and hire him to spearhead Knights of the Old Republic 3, and Disney will let him Star in Epi 9.

Devin Tripp is the hero we deserve. A Gary Stu of the ages.

Guys how can you not pledge? What the fuck is wrong with all of you?

The graphics of Battlefront in a Witcher 3 game on a 200K budget by an unknown guy

that sells itself

Sounds really legit:
Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come.

Already at $8,5k! Gonna be huge!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
This reminds me of when I was 7 and my friend and I decided to build a massive underground clubhouse complete with running water, so we started digging in his backyard with spoons.

Top Bottom