• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come."

Is this performance art?

business.png

Why are people putting money in this? It was 400 or so dollars when I saw a couple of hours ago and now its at 8K. My guess is that they're going to yank their pledges if it gets too close.

Also I know I shouldn't be but I'm really annoyed by that statement about this not being a "game from 1995/2005 that can be made in 2 months". Obviously this fucking idiot doesn't a thing about video game development.

Also this is another quality Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1804309219/poke-brawl

Makonero

Laughing? I'm perplexed a scam like this even got pass Kickstarter's algorithms. A Star Wars game needs to be backed? Looks legit.

I don't think it's intentionally a scam. It's adorable, like a kid writing to Nintendo about the fantastic Pokemon idea he has.

I was that kid.

Astrates

If he hires the below it'll be a day one for me.

Josh Reed said:
Can I help with the writing?
"YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, OBI ONE!"
"I DID NOT KILL YOUNGLINGS, IT'S NOT TRUE... Oh, hi Mark"

Sasie

What source do you have that they are 'troll pledges'? A fool with his money...

Trolling, yes. If this somehow goes under Disney's radar and the guy is succesful, he will be trolling you by running away with 200k.

Even with the dumb pledges there is no chance he ever reach 200.000. Long time professionals with actual ideas struggle to reach that level with their indie title. There is no way this will ever get above 50k and even if it somehow did I would hope the fake pledges used pay-pall so they could at least block the payments.

I still feel sorry for the guy though if he is serious about it.

This'll be shut down before the campaign ends, and no money will even leave users accounts.

Bless him though, kids got dreams

diamount

Banned
I don't think it's intentionally a scam. It's adorable, like a kid writing to Nintendo about the fantastic Pokemon idea he has.

I was that kid.

Like I said, that's what would be happen. Even if he did have the noblest intentions, Disney would not greenlight this. Not in a million years, and if the money was sent to his bank account, I doubt he would have any inclination to refund backers. It's not money out of Disney's pocket so doubt they would care.

Alienous

I can't deal with this. It makes me sad.

I'd like to think 'opportunist', but the bad grammar and lack of punctuation makes me think this might be an individual's dream.

Steel

Banned
I can't deal with this. It makes me sad.

I'd like to think 'opportunist', but the bad grammar and lack of punctuation makes me think this might be an individual's dream.

Eh. Scammers generally have bad grammar, look at all those "Your windows operating system has a virus" pop-ups with things mispelled and outright wrong.

What stood out the most for me:

.....on a 200,000 dollar budget...........

But dat witcher 3 feel, man.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't take campaigns seriously if they don't have a video. It just screams scam.

I could only imagine what his video would have looked like... probably something like this.

511028587_ff63f63a58_o.gif

kavanf1

Excerpt from the script:

welcome master luke, come in and take a seat.

What is it obi one, why did you call me here when I was bussy fixing uncle owens landspeeder

Patients master luke for I sense a great disturbance in THE FORCE

What is THE FORCE obi one I have never heard of it during my carfree days here on planet tatooin.

Patients master luke for you have much to learn.

1.Follow obi one
2.Tell obi one you say NO
3.Ill think about it
4.explore the forrest

This is how far I got but as you can see it gets complicated because now I need to right four difference stories for four different choices. However I have lots of ideas so this will not be difficult for me. I will update with more content tomorrow.
Code:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kickstarter really needs to check to make sure whomever starting a campaign has access to the rights.

What DO they actually check for? It obviously cant be much. "Project has letters in the description - Pass"

From his Kickstarter Biography:

"Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come."

With experience like that, I don't see how Disney could be concerned with his qualifications to run the biggest IP of our time.

Top Bottom