• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread -2013 Edition- List of gaming Kickstarts & other related projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Years, everyone!
2014 is getting off to a great start. Proven Lands, MTB Freeride, and Galactic Princess all in January!

And for those backed Catacomb Kids, the alpha was released today. I'll have impressions later, will definitely be posted in the Indie Thread and probably here as well

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Here's to a new year of a TON of awesome Kickstarter games. Really excited for the ones I've backed!

Hyper-Light Drifter
Shovel Knight
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Tadpole Treble (Maybe)
Paradise Lost: First Contact (Maybe)

Yeah, this year is gonna have shitload of Gamestarters. Not that 2013 was exactly barren, but most of the big names are coming this year.

gabbo

Yeah, this year is gonna have shitload of Gamestarters. Not that 2013 was exactly barren, but most of the big names are coming this year.

It will be better to look at 2014 as the year we learn if Kickstarter's were worth it to begin with. Could be a lot of large scale fails coming out this year.

It will be better to look at 2014 as the year we learn if Kickstarter's were worth it to begin with. Could be a lot of large scale fails coming out this year.
Well the year's off to a good start. I posted my Catacomb Kids impressions here. It's good, really good, and the dev should be commended for keeping to his schedule and getting the alpha out for backers on time

Did anyone mention or post about Project Nimbus?

I backed this during the week, it got approved on Steam Greenlight and they need a little push to finish the game. Been following this for a while.

Basically, the game is powered by Unreal Engine and is the Armored Core for PC that we never got. It even seems to have foreign voice acting, which I always find cool in this type of games and I hope they keep it. Maybe if we help this it could show FROM that there is a market for Armored Core games on the platform.

Link to the KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kissltd/project-nimbus

Ends in 20 days and it's about to get funded.

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm curious. Are we allowed to post our own Kickstarters or only ones we find?

Making self-promotional threads will likely get one banned, but talking about your kickstarter in a non-copy+paste sales pitch way in an existing thread once is generally fine.

Damn, 2014 is going to be expensive. Here are the Kickstarters I'm anticipating (and these are just the games I know are getting campaigns)

- Proven Lands
- Galactic Princess
- Mighty Tactical Shooter
- MTB Freeride
- Edgar
- Witchmarsh
- Darkest Dungeon
- Path of Shadows
- Oblitus
- possibly Rain World

It will be better to look at 2014 as the year we learn if Kickstarters were worth it to begin with.

I tend to look at every project on an individual level. I mean, the cons of crowdfunding such an expensive product are pretty straightforward.

Rain World Kickstarter launches tomorrow! I've been anticipating this game for over a year
zVOMP6k.png

Official Site | Trailer
sticks_and_stones.gif

Purkake4

Banned
Rain World looks great. As for Pantheon, not sure why anyone would support an MMO on kickstarter. Except maybe if they gave you the server code as well.

Asked the Galactic Princess dev if the KS was still on track for January

Response:
Tomorrow is our bank meeting to validate the creation of our account. So we will be able to ask KS to publish our page!

So it should be live soon. I'm guessing either as soon as tomorrow or the day after

Purkake4

Banned
Nice to see multiple gaming kickstarters happening at the same time again, sucks to have a vacuum and just one semi-crappy project eating up all the money.

Did anyone mention or post about Project Nimbus?

I backed this during the week, it got approved on Steam Greenlight and they need a little push to finish the game. Been following this for a while.

Basically, the game is powered by Unreal Engine and is the Armored Core for PC that we never got. It even seems to have foreign voice acting, which I always find cool in this type of games and I hope they keep it. Maybe if we help this it could show FROM that there is a market for Armored Core games on the platform.

Link to the KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kissltd/project-nimbus

Ends in 20 days and it's about to get funded.

Still 62 hours to go for Project Nimbus. Oculus Rift support is already in, I hope it will reach 20K to unlock full cockpit view :D

I'm keeping a close eye on two other projects, do you guys know if the devs involved are serious ?

Olympia Rising
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paleozoic/olympia-rising
(there is a web demo here)

Goober's World (Platform Game)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289487780/goobers-world-platform-game?ref=category
(REALLY looks like a clone of SFC Jerry Boy ^^)

(no KS thread 2014 ?)

Someone remind me, what was that kickstarter that was like a dude's drawing of some beast like manbearpig and it was just absolutely awful art? And wanted to make the best game ever? One of those doomed idea man campaigns. Just need a mental reminder to see the worst of KS.

Sharp

Ha, wow, that is the most pie-in-the-sky, rambling, boring, poorly designed Kickstarter page I've ever seen

Sure, buddy

"look the AI works"

"Look at the bottom im working on it as you can see this is really me doing it"
My favorite part, I think, from Risks & Challenges:
We understand this is something that has never been done but in 1492 Christopher Columbus went out into the sea and everybody told him he was going to fall off the end of the world but with his risk and passion we now know the earth is round and without his will and guts we would not be where we are today. The point i am trying to make nothing is risk free 16 years ago there was no internet but one man changed that. HEDY LAMARR was a actresses in the 1930's she came up with guided torpedoes for world war 2 she called and called the US army, government but no one listened because she was beauty and she was a actresses. My point is no one can understand vision if it was the 1930's are 1492 would kickstarter be a place to support like Hedy Lamarr and Christopher Columbus.
I honestly don't even know what he's trying to say in that last sentence :lol

It's off to a good start with Broken Age and The Banner Saga.

Really excited about Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Ghost World, Satellite Reign and Paradise Lost.

LuchaShaq

Banned
How do you guys feel about platform stretch goals.

I feel like they are in almost every kickstarter now, but they seem completely counter intuitive.

If a game I want isn't coming to the platform I want until it hits say 600k, I'm not going to bother backing until 600k.

Not to mention the fanboy bullshit on r/3ds-r/vita or r/ios-r/android you see whenever two stretch tiers are different platforms at different prices.

I just can't imagine someone seeing a cool kickstarter for a PC game, not have a gaming PC, but then back the project before it hits whatever platform stretch goal said backer owns.

How do you guys feel about platform stretch goals.

I feel like they are in almost every kickstarter now, but they seem completely counter intuitive.

If a game I want isn't coming to the platform I want until it hits say 600k, I'm not going to bother backing until 600k.

Not to mention the fanboy bullshit on r/3ds-r/vita or r/ios-r/android you see whenever two stretch tiers are different platforms at different prices.

I just can't imagine someone seeing a cool kickstarter for a PC game, not have a gaming PC, but then back the project before it hits whatever platform stretch goal said backer owns.

I agree, it's definitely a weird affair if someone would back a game only when a console port for their platform will be happening. So far, those kind of things have been on games with not Crysis level graphics so console people must have not even have a graphics card if they only care when a port is happening.

mao2

Pledged $15 for Rain World because it looks really interesting. Hopefully the creator will release it on consoles as well.

Olympia Rising seems decent... might back if my wallet is still alive before the deadline.

Sharp

Man, sorry to keep coming back to that Lore kickstarter but some of the guy's comments are absolutely priceless.
Thanks Catsman this is very true but troll don't listen to facts i stated the same thing yesterday but i was told i was wrong. Troll's have there on logic they refuse to do something to better the gamers how is trolling making thing's better ? Say your mom had cancer she made 5 years to live, you get online every day and troll one day you troll this up and coming doctor because they want to cure cancer. You talk them out of trying to make a different's little did you know they had the answer for the cure but because of you actions your mom die's a slow painful death. This can happen so think about that before you troll someone everyone is not strong will. The actions of one can hurt many
That's right, he just equated the creation of his game with curing cancer completely seriously and unironically. This is in addition to the main body of his article where he compared it to the invention of the Internet, the discovery of America, and winning World War II.

Edit:
Didn't want to make yet another post but this gem was too amazing to pass up:
yea the game the greatest minds play chest its a game of intellect i myself has an IQ of 180 but sans is higher then minds so he beats me in chest everytime we play
After some understandable skepticism about the veracity of this astonishing revalation:
A doctor in savannah every few years doctor jill greenberg http://www.acfassociates.com/greenberg.php i went to her as a kid and she took a shining to my mind so i go she her every few years i use to be way smart then that but i had a accident which drop my IQ some
In response, some people pointed out to him that this would give both his friend and he higher IQs than Einstein:
Albert Einstein one was like 270
Then I guess he looked it up:
Lol i didn't no i was that smart his was 160 but is math and understand standing were high there are different classes of smart people

Help me, GAF, I can't stop reading :(

A poster named Bob's Your Uncle tried to intervene (at this point the thread was taken over by trolls from /v/ who kept encouraging him) and his response was to compare him to a brutal dictator:
Bobs Yer Uncle i openly said the things i was bad it i was honest if you don;''t believe in this project then sit back and watch it fail if thats how you fill if im delusional because i want to make a differents then ok. How is my trying hurting you ? I was rise to be honest people don't like it when you step out there box. I see trying to talk to everyone like people was a mistake on my part. You can say what you want about me never go out the way to tell some body there going to fail. But im trolling i been nothing but nice i never put no body down i let people say what they want to say. Im down to earth nice person . As i said this project was about the game and letting gamers get inside look from start to finish. But i see i was wrong to try something new go outside the box out of 76 back its only like 10 maybe that really is on this project said. The US is suppose to be a place where people can allow the american dream and yet i can't do this in the country i was born in we talk about other country but on this page this kickstarter i dont see no better end the end most of your aint no better then the dictator's in other countrys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom