• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread -2013 Edition- List of gaming Kickstarts & other related projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naito

Finally! Looks like a more action-focused FTL from the trailer.

Ha, I'll let you take the lead on this one, Naito

It may look less "refined" than FTL, but the building part has already me imagining how I will craft my spaceship.. :D

Thanks! They haven't specified a time, yet, so it is possible I won't be able to make it (will be travelling), I will notice you in case.

It may look less "refined" than FTL, but the building part has already me imagining how I will craft my spaceship.. :D

Thanks! They haven't specified a time, yet, so it is possible I won't be able to make it (will be travelling), I will notice you in case.
Some awesome answers to some questions I've had since I first learned about the game

How does crew vs crew combat work? Real-time tactical, turn-based, directly control?
Real time and tactical pause: To facilitate your management and tactical decisions, an active pause will help you to assign your orders.

Similarly, can you directly control a crew member and walk around your ship?
The direct control is one of our kickstater strech goals.

Do you actually control your ship and fly through space or is it more like FTL, where you just manage your systems?
You can control your ship and fly through space, the opposite of FTL.

Can't wait for this campaign to launch

Edit: hell yes
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

Naito

Nice, saw you asked the questions on Steam.
Might add the answers to the OP, depending how much different informations there will be from the current greenlight page.

Also gifs (but I hate that they all come in different sizes..)! I shouldn't have any problem making the new thread, it will launch pretty late (Europe here).

KS will be launched at 23:00 GMT / 15:00 PST and here is the list of pledge tiers

xQfvhnT.png

First impression is that their rewards aren't very exciting. What's with the strategist tier? That's £30/$50 more for just one mouse pad...

mclem

Obama endorses this Kickstarter, I see. Very much getting a Streets of Rage vibe (There's Blaze, and the other guy has more than a hint of Skate).

In our story the US president, Orama, gets kidnapped!

I have a story trailer here

The game is less button mashy, more tactical strategy.

Also to note is while I like SoR, I didn't get any inspiration from it character design wise.

Bruce (the black guy) while fast, is nothing like skate (which is also kinda weird to say.. just because they're black?) He's based on a friend of mine.

Lisa is designed by my wife, who has never touched a Streets of Rage game, ever. (though is a hardcore Bubble Bobble (NES) player).

Hmmm...Heart & Slash received a big $5000 pledge overnight. Ever since hearing about those trolls who would make big pledges and then pull out at the last moment, I'm wary when I see stuff like that.

What do you think?

Hmmm...Heart & Slash received a big $5000 pledge overnight. Ever since hearing about those trolls who would make big pledges and then pull out at the last moment, I'm wary when I see stuff like that.

What do you think?

I would message the backer to make sure they are real if I was the creator of the Kickstarter.

Zaharia:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/199630513/zaharia

Looks all sorts of badass and flavorful.

I've dreamed of playing a new middle-eastern themed RPG for years now since Defenders of Oasis, Al-Quadim PC, Exile or MW4. Will back. Thanks for the link !

Edit - seems to have been in the making for some time now. I've found this interview with the design lead from almost one year ago :
http://www.rpgitalia.net/news/zahar...nathan-piperno-explains-the-birth-of-zaharia/
http://www.rpgitalia.net/news/zahar...erview-to-inner-void-interactive-second-part/

Wikzo

A friend of mine, an amazing animator/artist, just launched a Kickstarter for her point and click adventure game called Shrug Island It looks very promising :)

A hand-drawn adventure game about hope in the mysterious, organic world of the Shrugs. Ambient story, magic and animated music puzzles.

Shrug Island is a 2D puzzle adventure for desktops (PC/Mac) and tablets (iOS and Android). In this game, you play as 2 separated friends reconnecting with a living home they have been away from for a season, and trying to meet. You will switch between the 2 characters, using their different abilities to solve puzzles, sing to their surroundings, dialogue and collect parts of the world, as you explore and bring together animated pieces of an unusual story.

2135f61a7048ae12ba14fde70b4ac28b_large.png

26e33742031b8b56c9c8bade4d885b1b_large.png

f39f09f778ec567480a72be17bee2fe4_large.png

Minsc

Gold Member
havent been here for awhile
anything worthwhile to back?

Speaking of that, this thread is past its due. It's a huge project (kudos to MrCunningham for taking it on), but if someone wants to put together a similar effort for 2014, we can do it again. If not, as a compromise, perhaps this can have a place in community for general kickstarter chatter; but as it is, it's not really doing any good in gaming without someone to take control of the OP.

Speaking of that, this thread is past its due. It's a huge project (kudos to MrCunningham for taking it on), but if someone wants to put together a similar effort for 2014, we can do it again. If not, as a compromise, perhaps this can have a place in community for general kickstarter chatter; but as it is, it's not really doing any good in gaming without someone to take control of the OP.
Wasn't sure if someone else was planning on doing that, but since I'm already essentially maintaining a 2014 KS thread on Reddit, I wouldn't mind starting one here. The OP probably won't be as fancy as this one though

Edit: Working on the thread now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom