• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread -2013 Edition- List of gaming Kickstarts & other related projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, GAF!

I'm launching a Kickstarter project in a couple days, and I'd like about ten of you guys to give me some feedback. Ideally, you:

1) Like me
2) Are bored
3) Are extremely honest
4) Have a lot of experience with gaming Kickstarter projects, and understand what facets help to make a successful project, and
5) CAN KEEP A SECRET. Seriously, it would actually cause significant damage if word were to get out before Friday, so it's really, really important you don't tell anyone. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

If you'd like to take a look and offer some advice, let me know! I'll PM you a link to the Kickstarter preview page.

Thanks!

I'd definitely be down to check it out. I have experience with real NDAs, so I'm cool with doin' a pretend one for you!

Feep

Banned
Thanks, everyone! We're good.

Got a lot of great feedback and made quite a few changes. Y'all are so helpful.

The general impressions were quite positive, I think, so I'm feeling pretty good about Friday. (Or maybe Monday, but probably Friday. I'm worried about Destiny stealing the show.)

Fisico

Here's one for the Ouya (and PC/Mac/Android), but one of the finalists in the recent Ouya competition

Whispering Willows

Pretty neat, sort of a 2d platformer in how you move around and interact with stuff, but has some adventure game elements. And she can astrally project

Looks pretty cool, I'll look at it more thoroughly tonight after work.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is anythingkickstarter being released either this month or in March?
Expeditions Conquistador, a turn based semi historical crpg, will be released in two weeks. Visually it's not amazing like Wasteland 2 etc., but it could be good.

Munin

Expeditions Conquistador, a turn based semi historical crpg, will be released in two weeks. Visually it's not amazing like Wasteland 2 etc., but it could be good.

What fanboy babble. Wasteland 2 looks hardly amazing right now. Serviceable, but not much more. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Alexios

What fanboy babble. Wasteland 2 looks hardly amazing right now. Serviceable, but not much more. Let's not kid ourselves here.
Oh no, someone has a different opinion, I'd better rant about it and call him names, rawr.

I love how Wasteland 2 looks, I'm sorry you can't deal with it.

EC looks more sterile, bland and lower budget in comparison but I hope it's great too.

dude

dude
Those guys making the Golem Kickstarter should really consult with someone who speaks Hebrew, one of their guilds they present in the video is written as "Guild from ass" in Hebrew.

The game looks interesting other than that I guess, but I really don't get what the game is going to be. It's an action adventure?

Those guys making the Golem Kickstarter should really consult with someone who speaks Hebrew, one of their guilds they present in the video is written as "Guild from ass" in Hebrew.

The game looks interesting other than that I guess, but I really don't get what the game is going to be. It's an action adventure?

haha really? oh man.
yeah it's a bit unfortunate that they only focus on the story and the development. some gameplay insights would be interesting

I'm also backing At the gates. I really like to read/listen Shafer opinions on strategy games and think that he really has something original to bring to the table. The seasons, the supply nodes and the asymmetry are what intrigue me the most in this project. Really hope that they reach the goal and then some.
Thanks for your support! :)

I know a lot of folks here have played Civ 5, and if you guys were wondering how ATG will be different, I just yesterday posted a lengthy article on that very subject.

Also, if anyone has questions about ATG I'd be more than happy to provide some answers, so don't be shy!

- Jon

19Kilo

Thanks for your support! :)

I know a lot of folks here have played Civ 5, and if you guys were wondering how ATG will be different, I just yesterday posted a lengthy article on that very subject.

Also, if anyone has questions about ATG I'd be more than happy to provide some answers, so don't be shy!

- Jon

Very nice update, thanks.

All the Panzer General talk has me itching to get back to Panzer Corps :) - Also, love the idea of a supply system similar to Unity of Command, can't wait to see it in action.

Hopefully your game gets more exposure, it looks great!

Aselith

- Jon

I have a few thanks for taking the time!

-Are you planning individual unit perks? I saw that the scout got an upgrade from the barbarian camp...is there a plan to also allow upgrades via combat?

-Are the varying factions getting faction perks? I'd assume so but just curious if you have a few early examples of what you're looking at implementing here?

-I listened to the GWJ episode where they interviewed you about this and you had mentioned you were expecting to release beta by June of this year with release to folllow in January. Looks like everything was pushed back six months so does that mean that you are going to be adding more features and if so what do you have planned additional to what was mentioned in the episode? Or did you just decide that more time was needed for polishing and make sure it was fully baked at launch?

-Your map editor screenshot shows varying heights. Is elevation going to play a significant role in combat then?

-Also curious about what the currently implemented effects of seasonal change are? Any details you can share specifically?

-Oh yeah and is there diplomacy with neutral factions or just with other player-selectable factions?

-And one last one, are there renewable resources in there where it makes sense? Like do forests renew if you stop producing from them for a while or horses if they're one of the tappable resources and that kind of stuff? Or does everything start from a number and just go down from there?

Feep kickstarting a new project = I'm there, day 1.

I absolutely sucked at Sequence since I'm terrible at most rhythm games, but I loved the concept. I might try it again on the easiest possible setting and see how I do. Either way, very interested to what else you're looking to create.

We made a simultaneous entry to Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo for our new game 99 Spirits, a puzzle RPG and the winner of Eclectic Indie Dev Grant. Our first game was War of the Human Tanks that we released September 2012, which got picked as the 4th best indie strategy game of 2012.

99-spirits.png

Released in Japan in August 2012, 99 Spirits is the first RPG produced by the indie game circle TORaIKI, and is currently being localized for English speaking audiences to be released on Windows PC in early 2013. The game features an original battle system where players will have to puzzle out the true identity of the enemy before defeating them. 99 Spirits revolves around the real Japanese legends of Tsukumogami, where everyday objects come alive on their 100th birthday.

- Over 10 hours of playtime in an RPG that mixes intense puzzles with fast paced action
- Work out the true identity of your enemies in a unique battle system
- Capture enemy spirits and turn them into allies
- Interact with over 40 unique characters that impact your journey
- Battle over 100 monsters and master a vast variety of skills
- Maintain your equipment and combat hunger as you traverse different regions
- Beautifully detailed art and an atmospheric original soundtrack bring feudal Japan alive

Link to the 99 Spirits IndieGoGo Project
Link to the 99 Spirits Greenlight Entry

If you have any questions regarding 99 Spirits, War of the Human Tanks or anything else, I would try my best to answer.

jkanownik

Yo, GAF!

I'm launching a Kickstarter project in a couple days, and I'd like about ten of you guys to give me some feedback. Ideally, you:

1) Like me
2) Are bored
3) Are extremely honest
4) Have a lot of experience with gaming Kickstarter projects, and understand what facets help to make a successful project, and
5) CAN KEEP A SECRET. Seriously, it would actually cause significant damage if word were to get out before Friday, so it's really, really important you don't tell anyone. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

If you'd like to take a look and offer some advice, let me know! I'll PM you a link to the Kickstarter preview page.

Thanks!

I'd be happy to help. I can also advise what not to do and point out where the survey data may be misleading, as I also did surveys and my project is failing miserably.

okiemok

Wildman listed as ongoing was actually cancelled last Monday, and Wednesday GPG was acquired by Wargaming.net (World Of Tanks)

Alexios

Vince of Age of Decadence fame is doing a let's play of sorts for Expeditions Conquistador, the kickstarted PC SRPG (and then some) that will be released in a couple weeks. It looks very promising. The battle near the bottom of page 1 was exciting.

Anyone doing an OT?

Wildman listed as ongoing was actually cancelled last Monday, and Wednesday GPG was acquired by Wargaming.net (World Of Tanks)

I've been busy over the last few days so I didn't have much time to update the OP. But it is a shame that Gaspowered didn't makes it ... :S But I just updated.

We made a simultaneous entry to Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo for our new game 99 Spirits, a puzzle RPG and the winner of Eclectic Indie Dev Grant. Our first game was War of the Human Tanks that we released September 2012, which got picked as the 4th best indie strategy game of 2012.

99-spirits.png

Released in Japan in August 2012, 99 Spirits is the first RPG produced by the indie game circle TORaIKI, and is currently being localized for English speaking audiences to be released on Windows PC in early 2013. The game features an original battle system where players will have to puzzle out the true identity of the enemy before defeating them. 99 Spirits revolves around the real Japanese legends of Tsukumogami, where everyday objects come alive on their 100th birthday.

- Over 10 hours of playtime in an RPG that mixes intense puzzles with fast paced action
- Work out the true identity of your enemies in a unique battle system
- Capture enemy spirits and turn them into allies
- Interact with over 40 unique characters that impact your journey
- Battle over 100 monsters and master a vast variety of skills
- Maintain your equipment and combat hunger as you traverse different regions
- Beautifully detailed art and an atmospheric original soundtrack bring feudal Japan alive

Link to the 99 Spirits IndieGoGo Project
Link to the 99 Spirits Greenlight Entry

If you have any questions regarding 99 Spirits, War of the Human Tanks or anything else, I would try my best to answer.

Sounds cool. Added to the OP.

Also Dreamfall just hit its target. Great news.

ebbybeh

Neo Member
Yo, GAF!

1) Like me
2) Are bored
3) Are extremely honest

Thanks!
I can help if you still need it. Assuming the project isn't live of course.

Doesn't look as if Death Inc will reach its overly ambitious target for what they had to show, but I do hope it gets completed one way or another as the game has potential.

A lot of legendary old-school animators have been turning to KS, and now Ralph Bakshi is joining in. After years of false starts, he's trying to get funding for Last Days of Coney Island.

Not gaming-related, of course, but it's Ralph goddamn Bakshi, so...

MrCunningham said:
That's pretty cool. I love Ralph Bakshi's work. John K also had a pretty successful Kickstarter not long ago too. Not really going to add this to the OP though as I don't want to deviate from gaming only related Kickstarters (as much as I would want to).

Hope you don't mind me going off topic for a second, no gaming PC at the moment so I'm only backing animation for the time being so its a pity there isn't a general animation thread on this forum as every now and then a really great looking animation project is listed.

Missed out on MadGod (will try to contact them direct and invest) among a couple others but I did put up $60 for Kickheart as my first project. Its due in April so will be sure to discuss if on here somewhere around that time.

Just another update...

These two projects successfully completed funding:

- Artizens ($52,616)
- The 90's Arcade Racer ($24,823.75, £16,039 | Thread)

I'm actually interested in seeing how the 90's arcade racer turns out.

And this project here was not successful:

- Defend the Fawkin Station (Ends February 17th 2013) Unsuccessful

Hope you don't mind me going off topic for a second, no gaming PC at the moment so I'm only backing animation for the time being so its a pity there isn't a general animation thread on this forum.

Nah, I don't really mind it, as long as the discussions don't veer too far off topic.

Feep

Banned
Hey guys, you want to see this lame ass Kickstarter "There Came An Echo". It looks so bad you'd think a GAFer made it.

EDIT: Pledge 2: The Pledgening
I don't want to tell anyone to make a thread, or anything, but if you WERE to do such a thing, the thread title would contain things like "Feep", "Wil Wheaton", and "Ronald Jenkees".

>.>

<.<

I don't want to tell anyone to make a thread, or anything, but if you WERE to do such a thing, the thread title would contain things like "Feep", "Wil Wheaton", and "Ronald Jenkees".

>.>

<.<

Looks good!

If I ever go back to PC, this would be one of the reasons. Looked very interesting, and finally something that would make me try voice controls.

gabbo

>.>

<.<

That sold me... Well that and Sequence being a ridiculous amount of fun.
By chance was the 'Grace' in the prototype section of the pitch voiced by the same person as 'Naia' [from Sequence]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom