• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

5 new DLC stages. Surprise, mother fuckers.

35c64r.jpg

I'm sorry, but this was unavoidable.

On a serious note, I'm with Nub; it would be a blast to make random people rage quit with the power of GAFteamwork. Please, Iwata. Don't let us down.

EDIT: Oh, and room's open.

EDIT2: Room temporarily closed due to life being a jerk. Will be back open soon.

DLC to let you play any level as any character in the game. Or a DLC-sidequest to play as certain villains to show what they were doing while Pit was doing XYZ. /dreams

clemenx

Banned
FINALLY bought this in the morning, gonna start playing right now. Added my FC to the google doc :3 This better don't disappoint.

abasm

Man...

He's just the ultimate gift that keeps on giving. If it's DLC stages for solo mode i'll cry, I'm serious guys.

;_;

I don't think Kid Icarus is DLC-capable. I mean, Nintendo made a big deal about Fire Emblem being the first game to support DLC, right?

Either way, I'd pay good money for additional solo stages. Or, better yet, an aerial dog-fighting multiplayer mode.

clemenx

Banned
My first impressions with the controls is that they're not bad at all, but moving with ABYX is going to be a big fat no-no, which is something I hoped I could do. So, as a lefty I'm having some trouble aiming with my right hand but I guess I can teach myself how to do it... Also, I'm using the stand sitting here in my desk and I think it's great. I really haven't tried it without it but I'd guess it won't be too difficult to find a good position to play without it.
If the CCP Pro wasn't a mythological thing impossible to find around here that would be my solution.

So far so good, though!

I don't think they can patch retail 3DS games, so Kid Icarus won't be getting any DLC unless it was designed that way.
You got me runnin' goin' out of my mind,
You got me thinkin' that I'm wastin' my time.
Don't bring me down, no no no no no,
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down.

Roto13

That site is banned for a reason. :p
My first impressions with the controls is that they're not bad at all, but moving with ABYX is going to be a big fat no-no, which is something I hoped I could do. So, as a lefty I'm having some trouble aiming with my right hand but I guess I can teach myself how to do it... Also, I'm using the stand sitting here in my desk and I think it's great. I really haven't tried it without it but I'd guess it won't be too difficult to find a good position to play without it.
If the CCP Pro wasn't a mythological thing impossible to find around here that would be my solution.

So far so good, though!

Order one from Nintendo. That's what I did.

I'd love to join, but I have to now write a 2 1/2 page essay for my music class that is due in 3 hours :p

It's okay. I had to write a thesis during a bus ride last month, so I know that feeling well.

Welp, it's been over half and hour since it was opened, so last call for LvD before I close up shop for tonight.

EDIT: And the gates... go... shut. Anyone want to set a time for tomorrow that isn't between 12 and 2 PM EST?

Busaiku

It does damage to anyone close by.
I also think it was intended to be used to alert your team to various areas (like ganging up on someone or something to that effect).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What's the star for next to each weapon when you pick weapons to equip?

The stars? They tell you the rating in the ranged/melee stats for the weapon

think of filled in stars as +1, non filled in stars as +1/2

Can go up to +6 in each of melee and ranged for each weapon.

I just started playing this, and while the game is clearly fantastic, I am terrible at it (I have never been good at this style of game, aside from Star Fox 64). Any tips for not sucking so badly? I just finished chapter 5.

PKrockin

I just started playing this, and while the game is clearly fantastic, I am terrible at it (I have never been good at this style of game, aside from Star Fox 64). Any tips for not sucking so badly? I just finished chapter 5.

Are you still not used to the controls? Try using Palms if your aim really sucks; they generally have great homing ability (plus they're awesome). Go into the control options and fiddle around. I like to have sensitivity and stopping speed at maximum, and Use Power set to D-pad up so it's easier to reach.

Do you have problems with air battles? Land battles?

In air battles, moving in a circle and shooting everything in sight is basically enough to get you through lower difficulties. USE YOUR SPECIAL ATTACK with the D-pad. It's better to use it too often than not at all. Also, clubs can reflect projectiles as their continuous fire, making you safer.

In land battles prioritize avoiding damage over killing things. Watch the enemies' behavior and be ready to dodge. I dash shot everything mindlessly at first until I realized the long recovery time was getting me punished. Use dash shots only when it's safe to do so.

The stars? They tell you the rating in the ranged/melee stats for the weapon

think of filled in stars as +1, non filled in stars as +1/2

Can go up to +6 in each of melee and ranged for each weapon.

I'm sorry, I meant the yellow stars(only after pressing it to the left of the weapon, bottom screen).

PKrockin

I'm sorry, I meant the yellow stars(only after pressing it to the left of the weapon, bottom screen).

Oh hey thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed it. It's a "favorite" mark. Seems like if you mark that weapon it stays near the top of your list, just under your currently equipped weapon. That way you never have to wade through the sea of weapons you might keep for fusion just to find the ones you actually use.

abasm

- Clubs deflect bullets in air battles.
- When fusing, try to make sure your weapons keep good attributes. Health, Defense, Heart Bonus, etc.
- Dodging in air battles reflects smaller shots.
- It's hard, if not impossible, to dodge out of a run. Try to stick to walking when enemies are nearby, so you can dodge at a moment's notice.
- Try to fuse weapons with values that complement their play-styles. Claws benefit more from high melee. Orbitars benefit more from high ranged.
- Unless a gate is blocked off, you can often avoid fights by proceeding to the next area.
- Multiplayer is a good way to get new weapons for fusing.

McNum

Cleared chapter
-13-
. Not an omnious ending at all. And I'm beginning to see why the spoiler thread is called Tengen Toppa, because I
just killed a small moon.
And I bet the game will keep escalating.

I think I have a decent weapon to play solo with at the moment, here take a look:

Angel Bow
Ranged 3, Melee 1.5
- Overall Defense +1
- Burning +1
- Shot Homing +2
- Speed +1

Could be better of course, but this bow seems to do the trick. Even if it shoots pink hearts. I play on 3.0 so I don't get killed when listening to the dialogue. I'll replay at a higher difficulty later.

Are we still spoiler tagging chapter numbers, by the way?

Foil random packs. I didn't go, though.

Yep, you was right

10 random cards in each pack. The store also had the latest issue of the Gamer magazine which included 3 AR cards:

Pit (Rally Cry)
Goddess of Calamity, Pandora
Samurai Blade

And I managed to scan a whole bunch of cards from someone who had at least 60+ cards

clemenx

Banned
The only problem I have with the controls is that the L button is too damn small anyone thinks the same? :( Lol. I adjusted at the ground controls just fine, I was seriously expecting worse, I think they're great, even.

I can tell I'm going to take a while finishing this game. I'm just at chapter 4 but I've already replayed previous chapters several times. The higher intensity is really noticeable. This game is so damn addicting D: and loving the banter so far. I always knew I was going to love the dialogue.

abasm

The only problem I have with the controls is that the L button is too damn small anyone thinks the same? :( Lol. I adjusted at the ground controls just fine, I was seriously expecting worse, I think they're great, even.

The Hori 3DS Wheel is both an amazing grip and expands the shoulder buttons to a very ergonomic size. I almost always play with it on, when I'm at home.

Korosenai

Top 10 posters so far for this thread

Neiteio - 370 posts

Busaiku - 304 posts

Jintor - 216 posts

ScraftyDevil - 209 posts

Zeer0id - 183 posts

NubInaTub - 158 posts

weird - 154 posts

Gospel - 139 posts

Smiles and Cries - 137 posts

SmithnCo - 132 posts