• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Ugh, get near the ground portion on Chap
on 6.8 Intensity, and right before I land, I'm killed

FUCK!

EDIT:
Guess I should have listened to what Viridi had to say before I started attacking Palutena on Chap. 20

DOUBLE FUCK!

Thank you for the input abasm and PKrockin;37150115! I am still struggling a bit with the controls. I didn't think they were too bad until I hit land. I have far more problems there. I did adjust them to your suggestions though, and it is definitely an improvement.

I didn't know the clubs deflected hits. I've been avoiding them since I seem to do better from afar (which is odd considering I tend to favor Melee in every other game). I will give them a try. For some reason (probably OCD) I feel the need to kill everything I come across, but I will try to just run if I get into too much trouble. I also need to learn to actually use my special attacks (I keep forgetting about them).

I am now starting to get the hang of weapon fusion, and the weapon I am using sorta works for me...
Divine Bow
Ranged 2/ No melee
Overall Defense +1
Evasion +3
Could be better, but it's the best I have right now. I don't think I'm good enough to play multiplayer decently yet.

Where are people getting more cards at?

Coldsnap

I really like this game but as someone who likes to maintain good posture / shoulder / wrist health I am done playing it. Sounds silly but this game is painful to play sometimes because of the controls.

PKrockin

I really like this game but as someone who likes to maintain good posture / shoulder / wrist health I am done playing it. Sounds silly but this game is painful to play sometimes because of the controls.

When you're at home, try sitting back on the couch and bunching up a blanket on your lap so it supports the bottom and back of the system.

Dr.Hadji

Ancient Staff and all weapons with cancel power are the bomb diggity. Really I think bullets that cancel each other is the best part of the design space in multiplayer. Make it so you can have meaningful 1v1 encounters in open space without cover.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just bought this.

My first impressions:

- Controlling the camera with touch screen swipes, while moving all around the same touch screen to move the target reticule is... awkward. I am fighting the camera as much as I fight the enemies. Maybe this will get better as I play more and accustom myself deeper, but for now I am quite annoyed by the control scheme. The d-pad reticule config is laughably bad, and the a x y b config does not suit the fast nature of the game *sigh*

- Great banter. The tutorial alone is a source of a good chuckle or two.

- How can anyone possibly pay attention to whatever Pit or any other characters are saying when the top screen is so busy and requires constant attention? I would love to just stop and hear what they have to say but the game simply doesn't give me an opportunity to do so.

- Playing without the stand is murderous on my left wrist (especially since I played it with a Nyko Power Grip)

Just playing the first two stages, so let us see how it goes.

clemenx

Banned
Ugh this game seems to give me motion sickness with the 3D on :( It's the 1st game I have trouble with on the 3DS. It's a shame because the effect is impressive.

I played some multiplayer for the 1st time today, I'm at chapter 9. I didn't think I was too bad but I seem to be on the bad teams all the time >_> oh well. Didn't really like Free For All, I'll try it some other time. But loved LvD. Would love to play with a GAF group sometime.

Loving this game!

PKrockin

Everytime i'm playing it at my house, I always use the stand. Either that or I prop it on my leg or something.

With the stand or putting it on your leg, you may have to lean forward to play it in 3D, thus the bad posture.

- How can anyone possibly pay attention to whatever Pit or any other characters are saying when the top screen is so busy and requires constant attention? I would love to just stop and hear what they have to say but the game simply doesn't give me an opportunity to do so.

I never had a problem following the dialogue while fighting, even on 9.0, but putting the subtitles on the top screen will probably help you with that.

Giolon

I finally beat the game a few minutes ago. Ending was alright, but nothing compares to the absolute rollercoaster ride that was the whole game. Loved the
Gundam

Korosenai

I finally beat the game a few minutes ago. Ending was alright, but nothing compares to the absolute rollercoaster ride that was the whole game. Loved the
Gundam

I loved the ending. It was like an ultimate sigh of relief for Pit. He finally defeats
Hades
and now he's free to do whatever he wants....
For at least 25 more years

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah, got my 310 6 melee star Magnus Blade. :D

Edit: Here's is it!

RBcJa.jpg

Just tried it in PvP, its a beast. :D
I loved the ending. It was like an ultimate sigh of relief for Pit. He finally defeats
Hades
and now he's free to do whatever he wants....
For at least 25 more years

He still needs to finish-off
Viridi

PKrockin

Fuck yeah, got my 310 6 melee star Magnus Blade. :D

Edit: Here's is it!

http://i.imgur.com/RBcJa.jpg[IMG]

Just tried it in PvP, its a beast. :D[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the Magnus Club lack a charge shot, and any ranged attacks in general? Must be a beast in FFA at any rate.

I've been using a Laser Staff (208), Ranged 4 / Melee 0 with Dash ch. shot +4 and Shot homing -2. Dash charge shots OHKO with Energy Charge or do about 70% without, and the negative homing lets me lower the value without losing anything. I'll probably try to get the star rating slightly higher so I can OHKO without Energy Charge and maybe throw some +Speed/Stamina on, and see what I can come up with.

I just snagged a weapon with a -3 Heart bonus modifier which will be nice to put on my next multiplayer weapon to lower the value.

Korosenai

The magnus club does have a charged shot, and yes it lacks in range, but it is a beast. My magnus club is 6 stars range, and 6 stars melee. I can pretty much two hit kill anybody with melee or range.

PKrockin

Wow, really? Now I feel silly. I heard twice that it didn't. That's what I get for trusting the GameFAQs board I guess. Either way you bet I'd be panicking and using Transparency and Play Dead the second I see you getting near me with that thing. lol

Korosenai

Lol yea, this weapon is way overpowered. I use tirelessness and transparency on it. So you dont even see me coming, and out of nowhere you lose 75% of your health.

Korosenai

My charged shot hits for 160.
I dont remember what mine does exactly, ill have to check in the morning but i think its 270.

The only downside to my magnus club though is it has either -2 or -4 shot defense, so once i run out of transparency or im on a big map, im done for.

PKrockin

Lol yea, this weapon is way overpowered. I use tirelessness and transparency on it. So you dont even see me coming, and out of nowhere you lose 75% of your health.

Same goes for me really. I count on not getting shot lest I lose Energy Charge, so I run evasive powers to get away when anyone (especially Claws) attempts to engage me, then I get back to a position where I can OHKO enemies yet nobody can really take a good shot back at me.

The fun thing about the multiplayer balance is that there are so many weapon/modifier/power combos that everything is overpowered. Even a stupid weapon like a -4 Defense Claws could be a riot with Spite. I've seen claims that Playing Dead is broken, Libra Sponge is broken, Pisces Heal is broken, Magnus Club is broken, Beam Claws is broken, Flintlock Staff is broken... everything.

Chopper

Just tucked into this. Holy shit, there's alot of stuff going on! Chucked it on Intensity 4. Haven't died yet (up to chapter 4) but have come pretty close. So much stuff to unlock!

PK Gaming

i'm still doing my 9.0 intensity run. Finished chapters 1-10, 18 and 25. I think I can get to chapter 20 without TOO much trouble, but chapter 21, 23 and 24 scare the hell out of me. The terrible trio i'd say...

Chopper

Only chapter four. I absolutely love the flying sections. The ground sections... I assume I will get used to the controls. I don't understand the need to flick to change camera direction.

Sooo... How am I supposed to dodge attacks that cover a 360 degree radius, like Stackjaw's lasers?

Oh GAFers, did you know that the guy who voices the
Chariot Master
(such a simple title, I doubt it's a spoiler) in this game, also voiced:

cY3h6.png
lFBGT.jpg

Fucking blew my fucking mind! O_O

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Only chapter four. I absolutely love the flying sections. The ground sections... I assume I will get used to the controls. I don't understand the need to flick to change camera direction.

Sooo... How am I supposed to dodge attacks that cover a 360 degree radius, like Stackjaw's lasers?
I just dodge against it, if that makes any sense. Like, I dodge in the opposite direction the beam sweeps.

Chopper

I just dodge against it, if that makes any sense. Like, I dodge in the opposite direction the beam sweeps.
So, "flicking" the control pad in that direction? I'm still getting used to the ground controls, and dodging is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So, "flicking" the control pad in that direction? I'm still getting used to the ground controls, and dodging is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
Yup.

And it does take some time to become acclimated with the on-foot controls, but I think if you stick with em long enough, they'll click. Though, some stuff like circling around enemies may backfire every now and then.

Never watched He-Man so I wouldn't really have connected him to Skeletor. :(

I have seen exactly one episode of He-Man in my entire life (I grew up on Pokémon and Animaniacs), but I know Skeletor's voice as well as my own mother's. He just has one of those distinct voices that everyone loves and loves to imitate.

Insaniac

for "flicking" the stylus in order to turn, don't actually do big flicks, small flicks and keeping your stylus steady and close to the screen will help you stay more oriented and give you more control over when you want to stop the rotation. I don't know about you but I use maximum stylus horizontal and vertical sensitivity. Anything lower is too slow for the fast paced action imo

Top Bottom