• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct developers clarify that only the demo for the game is F2P

Cipherr

I have no problem with Digital CE's.

I do like getting CE's for games Im hyped for, but goddamn man, I cannot lie and say I enjoy standing in line with (what a lot of times amounts to...) tons of weirdos to get mine.

Amazon has saved me from this a few times, but its not ALWAYS reliable. I had a close call with D3's CE but managed to get one. Im just probably getting old. Sick of standing in line at midnight launches for my CE's; just give me a digital option.

schuey7

Wow at the people not understanding the difference between a f2p demo and a free demo.Some people just react with blind hate to any MS announcement. I think this is an excellent idea , giving people a better look at the game modes and letting them buy the characters if they are interested.This seems quite interesting and a regular version will also be available so no problems there.

DarkCloud

I'm in for the Digital Collector's edition depending on what's included. Toss in Ki1 & 2/Gold or the Killer Cuts OST for use in custom soundtrack and I'd be happy.

PhatSaqs

Banned
haha. I don't get it. What is this f2p demo have that the other demos don't have?
The "demo" is only a demo in that only a single character is available. Everything else is there including single player, multiplayer, training mode, etc..

Apparently a new team was created consisting of people who worked on Skullgirls, Super Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Weaponlord. Plus the fact that the game actually has pretty decent impressions thus far.

And how in the hell can people twist this form of F2P into a negative? A full fledged game, minus the characters, that you're able purchase the rest of if you actually enjoy the game? That's an awesome system.

Reposting from the other thread, but it seems the person who worked on Weaponlord and the original SF2T and SSF2 is actually James "DJames" Goddard", the co-creator of Weaponlord and who worked at Capcom USA on SF2T and SSF2 who had an unlisted XB1 title on his CV. It all matches up.

Double Helix have the spottiest of track records but a new team with that sort of hiring is certainly hype worthy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maximillian interviews KI devs.

First thing he asks about is F2P. He says that some SKUs at launch will include all the content that occurs over the course of seasons. To me it sounds like you'll be able to lock down the content they will release over the course of time in seasons. Sounds like a long-term strategy that blurs the lines a bit from DLC vs. retail release. They plan to launch, but add to it over time.

I just hope there is an SKU for TOs that allows all forthcoming content at once (hopefully reasonable) price.

Via Eventhubs.

Top Bottom