• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Don't see why not seeing as not many people will have the Arcade stick due to low stock. I wonder if Madcatz underestimated the demand?

No, I don't think a very large percentage of people are going to drop $200 for a stick.

NOW...what I do think MadKatz did was underestimate the desire for people to have an affordable stick.

A less expensive stick with good quality (say, @ $100-$130) would have sold by the truck load. $200 is too rich for all but the ultra-enthusiast crowd. It's Christmas time. People are trying to afford games AND gifts for others after buying consoles. That's 4-6 new, nextGen games, depending on the sale and B1G1 deal you take advantage of.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who isn't buying the XB1 anywhere near the launch window, but since a classic arcade machine of KI1 would run you between $400-750, buying a new system and a $40 version of the new Killer Instinct w/ KI Arcade sounds pretty ok to me (and a lot more practical in the long run).

lol a KI1 arcade can run for 1000+ if it's in great shape (from what I've seen)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
getting errors trying to download :(

oh well, back to waiting forever for forza to install

Neiteio

Oh god, I'm feeling the urge. I told myself I wouldn't buy the Xbone at the current price but I want to play this sooooooo badly. Damn it!

I hate you guys so much. ;)
I'm in the same boat, Killer Instinct looks FANTASTIC. I have fun just watching it, it's amazing how well they nailed the flow and feel of battle. Gah, makes me want an Xbone! And I'm totally cool with the character count. Quality > quantity, and it's clear they did an incredible job with the roster so far.

I was actually at a midnight launch, but I was picking up Mario and Zelda. Still, I took time to talk to all the X-Bros, ask them what they were excited about, because regardless of how my tastes line up with someone, the No. 1 quality I appreciate in a fellow gamer is ENTHUSIASM (well, and kindness, of course).

But none of the X-Bros knew about Killer Instinct. I had to explain to them what it was. They were all getting Xbone for COD and Forza, which is legit, but man... F2P Killer Instinct. At least they know now.

mr stroke

By far the best launch game out of both PS4 and Xbone. Combo system is deep, graphics are fantastic, sound and soundtrack is pure old school KI, and best of all the Netcode is FLAWLESS so far, been playing for 3 hours straight and zero lag!(on launch day no less)

mr stroke

The "Day One" XBL Gold card comes with everything you get with the $20 KI pack, right?

I got had by this too. Gamestop employee swore it included the full $20 KI game, I tried to tell him it was a F2P, but he said "nope I am positve it has free full KI"

I will give them the benefit of the doubt since it does appear that way on the case of the Day One XB Live card. MS should have made the packaging more clear.

Great game. I'm finding myself using the analog stick more than the dpad. I feel like the dpad doesn't have enough throw.

Is there anyway to see the gamertag of people you've played with online? I wanted to send a dude a message but I couldn't find a way to see them after the match had quit out

DTJAAAAM

Great game. I'm finding myself using the analog stick more than the dpad. I feel like the dpad doesn't have enough throw.

Is there anyway to see the gamertag of people you've played with online? I wanted to send a dude a message but I couldn't find a way to see them after the match had quit out

It seems to autosave replays, so you should be able to find the tag in the theater. Haven't located a traditional Recent Players list.

JimiNutz

Banned
This game is so fun!
But way harder and more complex than I ever expected.

Pulling off the ultra combos and combo breakers is amazingly cool but I'm not good enough yet to pull anything off consistently... But when I do manage it, it feels sooooo good.

This is my first time actually trying to play a fighter and not just mindlessly mash the buttons... Don't get me wrong, I do still kinda mash the buttons...But it's mixed with genuine attempts to link combos.

Can't even imagine how fun this game is gonna get when you're actually good at it... Hopefully one day I'll find out.

LTWheels

Currently at DH:

BZtaKbACQAA9De_.jpg

:)

gatisimo

Apologies if this has (inevitably) been asked, but if I buy the $20 version, can I simply unlock all the options that come with the $40 version by playing a lot? Besides the classic game, of course.

This is definitely the Xbox One game I keep coming back to, and I'm not a huge fan of fighting games. I've gone through the Dojo and feel like I have a solid foundation of the mechanics, but it's so hard to put them to practice in a real match. That's what practice is for I suppose!

Ended up getting to rank 3 and after a while went back to rank 2. :( Tonight, I will regain that rank dammit.

You guys are really lucky to be playing this. D: I won't be playing it for a while. At least i'll be able to play it next week from a friend!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just got home from work..so whats the GAF consensus?

Does this game kick all sorts of ass??

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Got the pin ultimate set in the mail, box is huge. Put DR3 for size comparison.

brI2PE8.jpg

Cover is a paper sleeve that just comes on, gonna need some glue or something.

PlwREae.jpg

PARANO1A

I downloaded yesterday and did a few tutorials before switching games

I have a Day One Gold card on the way and I'm not sure if this gives me just Shadow Jago or all characters plus Shadow Jago. Can anyone confirm? Don't want to buy I it when it's coming for free early next week.

daman824

I have a Day One Gold card on the way and I'm not sure if this gives me just Shadow Jago or all characters plus Shadow Jago. Can anyone confirm? Don't want to buy I it when it's coming for free early next week.
I'm 99% positive that the xbl card only gives you shadow jago.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Shadow Jago just comes with Shadow Jago, it's not the full game.

Also, any help on downloading KI classic? Dunno how to download it.

Top Bottom