• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Mdk7

I just played 8 hrs straight, the only thing i did with my One tonite, LOL.
I suck and i'll never be able to master some of the stuff you see in the dojo, but man this game is GOOD.
So much fun here, sick job Double Helix!

Grecco

So im guessing the free token ms sent is for the 19.99 option and there isn't a way to upgrade to the 39.99 option? Sigh...

mjc

What the fuuuuuuck

How can I not play a ranked match if I'm in a party chat? That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Really? I've ran into this on other games too. I can't play Ryse co-op with my buddy if we're in a chat with three other guys too. This seriously pisses me off.

Xenon

I had quite a bit of fun playing this today. Building combos is very addicting. The problem is I never finish them. Seeing all the damage I did slowly go back to the player is depressing =\

What control mapping is everyone using? I have been playing with the strong attacks mapped to the triggers. But pulling off anything with S-punch(Left trigger) is too hard.

fin

Was up till 5am last night. And played all day today. Never even got to Ryse, DR3 or BF4.

Fuck I hope this game sells well.

SegaShack

I was excited for this game, but have never really played a KI game, besides the Super Nintendo one for an hour (and I had no idea what I was doing). I downloaded the demo version.

I played Dojo mode, and while some of the combos were very difficult to pull off it did teach me the game definitely. This is one of the most fun fighting games I have ever played. After just an hour and a half in dojo mode I was doing online and doing very well, winning most matches I played, even against people who knew what they were doing.

Does KI classic play the same as this game? If so I need to get the Ultra Edition.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Was up till 5am last night. And played all day today. Never even got to Ryse, DR3 or BF4.

Fuck I hope this game sells well.

seriously.

i want at least 3 seasons, damnit! :D

also... they posted details of the pin edition on the meld (press Y from menu)

here's what it says:

-Starting December 2013, we will post a new challenge each month on the PlayXBLA.com website and on the Killer Instinct Community Meld (Press Y to access it from the main menu screen)
-Challenges can either be to earn an in-game achievement or to send us proof of a deed through social media channels (details will be provided ahead of time for each challenge)
-Each challenge will run for approximately a month
-At the end of the challenge period, we will evaluate your performance or your submission. If you were successful, we will send you an email containing discount code for that challenge's pin, redeemable at Penny Arcade's online store
-That discount code will bring the pin's in-store price to zero. It is unque, can only be used once for that one pin you earned and does not cover shipping, handling and applicable taxes. Codes are valid for 60 days after the end of the challenge unless otherwise noted.
-Pins are subject to availability and all code redemptions must be done by August 30, 2014

fin

Fuck this game is beastly. All over some saberwolf but glacious has potential to be the best of the characters.

Yeah I've been trying jago, sabrewolf and orchid. I really hope the devs invest in an online party system. 8 players in a party, play till u loose. Be super fun.

did an ultra combooooooooooo with Thunder earlier, felt amazing B^)

this game is addicting, kudos to double helix

and yeah even if this doesn't sell that much, i hope a season 2 gets made so we can get COMBO and Cinder .

plus if they put the original killer instinct for $10-$15 i'd bite. pls

Sallokin

Excuse me if this has been answered previously, but is there an issue with achievements unlocking? I've done several and nothing is popping.

joe1138

this game is addicting, kudos to double helix

Co-signed, really enjoying it so far.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding any online matches tonight though (ranked or otherwise) and the one match I was able to connect to was laggy as hell. I guess I'll chalk this up to launch night jitters.

I haven't played a fighting game on a pad in years though, still trying to get reacquainted with it. I really hope that stick drops soon.

C4Lukins

Just a very simple positive on the dpad.... The first two times the tutorial asked me to jump forward and to jump backward, it actually responded to my button presses. Already I am infinitely more impressed with the dpad over previous Xbox controllers.

nbraun80

Just wanted to say that I am having fun and learning how to play at the same time. Haven't played a fighter since virtua fighter (2?) on the Saturn and that was really just button bashing. Tried Injustice demos and such but just can't get into them. That said I really appreciate the dojo. Its slowly turning me from a masher to actually thinking about moves and combos to do next. Almost done with all the basics ones, I think the most frustrating part so far for me was trying to do a heavy linker, not sure if I was doing it to fast after the auto and couldn't always get myself to hold the button down with an auto coming up again after it.

all-in-all I'm having a blast, which is rare for me and fighters so well done double helix. Also any advice for a newbie is always welcome ha :)

Nuklear

Banned
Not being able to use a stick right now is seriously hampering my enjoyment of the game. They did a really good job of making the combo system easy for newbies.

abracadaver

The loading times when you select a fighter are way too long. The game is so small it would fit completely into the X1's RAM. why are there loading times at all ?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
zero lag online. crazy. also, anyone else having issues trying to host or join a hosted lobby to play with friends? i couldnt get it to work with a buddy of mine. it kept saying he joined up, but never appeared on the versus screen

Pac3y

Anyone notice crushed blacks with KI only? My TV is set up fine (Sony w6) - Just appears whilst playing KI blacks are really crushed, and just generally dark through out the game. The game lacks any brightness settings too which is a shame.

SegaShack

I have heard people's mics when I play online, does Kinect pick up my voice automatically and send it to them or would I have to have my headset connected for that?

Top Bottom