• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

After some serious cases of gamer rage, I finally beat tutorial/mission/whatever 10 in the Dojo. Where you need to put together the big combos. Took me so long to get the last 2 big combos completed, was so extremely satisfying when I nailed it though.

Now I feel like I need to repeat the tutorial about 50 times over though. I have never been good at fighting games.

any ragequits?

some kid angrily yelled "XBOX HOME" in the middle of a game last night, today someone told me "all your doing is button mashing, you suck." got matched with him again, got a supreme victory. was about to do a huge comeback against another guy, I hear "are you kidding me?" then he leaves lol.

its hilarious.

some kid angrily yelled "XBOX HOME" in the middle of a game last night, today someone told me "all your doing is button mashing, you suck." got matched with him again, got a supreme victory. was about to do a huge comeback against another guy, I hear "are you kidding me?" then he leaves lol.

its hilarious.

lol dey mad

XBOX HOME is a new one, lol next generation rage quitting right there

LTWheels

anyone tried out Shadow Jago?

I have not but he's identical to Jago.

check out: @Zin_Ramu on twitter. He worked on KI as the game designer and is giving out tips for the next 30 days. First 2:

Tip 1: Back dashing has 7 frames of complete invulnerability, plus an additional 4 frames of throw invulnerability

Tip 2: Some normals like Glacius' far.HK and Jago’s far.HP move the lower hit box back, making them quasi low crush normals

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah it's been known about for a little while now. It's the main KI theme, you're just doing it way to fast.

Damn, figured I'd be late to the party.

The KI classic ai is stupid brutal, on extra easy. I'm not going to bother beating arcade mode.

Al13n

Neo Member
Anyone else having trouble preforming down-downforward-forward moves (like Jago's endokuken)? I can't seem to land any of them..

Heysoos

jesus christ. Going by some of the videos, it still amazes me how easily some people are able to distinguish between heavies, mediums and lights for combo breakers.

Is anyone else having trouble finding matches online? I tried last night and I'm trying again this afternoon but I can't find anything at all.

I've sat in ranked matchmaking for upwards of 10 minutes with nothing. I've tried searching and hosting my own exhibition match. Nothing comes up. Is there some kind of issue with the servers or is it something on my end? I'm honestly at a loss right now.

Is anyone else having trouble finding matches online? I tried last night and I'm trying again this afternoon but I can't find anything at all.

I've sat in ranked matchmaking for upwards of 10 minutes with nothing. I've tried searching and hosting my own exhibition match. Nothing comes up. Is there some kind of issue with the servers or is it something on my end? I'm honestly at a loss right now.
Are you in a party chat?

Are you in a party chat?

No, haven't touched the party system. Think I found the issue though.

When I go into the network settings and test multiplayer connection it comes up with an error of "Can't get a Teredo IP address." Seems like I'll have to mess around with the settings on my router and do some port forwarding and what not.

T.O.P

Banned
Good games DerFeef!

Glacius vs Sabre can be fun, until i'm stucked in the corner, then i start to pray :p

Loving Glacius btw, Jago is fun but it's too braindead compared to other fighters

@uploading one of our matches, never used the upload studios so i'm curious to see of it comes out

derFeef

Good games DerFeef!

Glacius vs Sabre can be fun, until i'm stucked in the corner, then i start to pray :p

Loving Glacius btw, Jago is fun but it's too braindead compared to other fighters

@uploading one of our matches, never used the upload studios so i'm curious to see of it comes out

Cool can't wait ;)
Jago is my worst matchup, with anyone :(

I only played Sabrewulf, Glacius and Jago for the Dojo (finished the whole first page training now). I think I am doing best with Sabrewulf because of the back-forward moves - QC moves are really the worst on this thing.

kodecraft

Yeah I can't do this shit. I can't roll my thumb. If it doesn't click both down and either left or right on the pad, then you can't get diagonals. Maybe it's my controller...I'll try my brothers tomorrow. But yeah at the moment I am not feeling it

This so much, can't believe so much praise for the new Dpad when it should have stayed on a rotating disk but engineered like how Sega used to do it. Turning the Dpad into a 4-wa directional is "meh"

GOD I need a fightpad for this game...

I can't wait for a fightpad.

its hilarious.

Lol! That is awesome.

This is probably a dumb question but the game just came out so I think it's alright.

I bought the Ultimate Pin Edition.

I know it comes with the original KI arcade game (got that), all current 6 characters (got that), and supposedly "accessory packs."

It's the accessory packs I'm confused about. I see in the KI store there is the ability for the characters to have different accessories (about 12 a piece), but they are not all unlocked.

So am I understanding correctly---While I bought the accessory packs available, I still have to earn them via in game credits/accomplishments?

Timu

In terms of ease of use for me, it goes:
Jago>Sabrewulf>Orchid>Sadira>Glacius>Thunder

I'm having a hard time trying to master Thunder for some reason.

kodecraft

I watched every video on this game before it came out. I understand the mechanics clearly. I get that controller in my hands though and all of a sudden I'm button mashing like crazy. Disappointed with myself. I hope at some point I get better but do not have high hopes. If anyone wants some easy victories, my GT is the same as my username.

If youre serious keep practicing, but I figured this would happen to some gamers who thought "hell theres nothing else reall at launch I want, KI it is" being optimistic about it and thinking the'll be able to get in and atleast be competitive.

But those who have been on SSF4 or other fighting games competitively, got muscle memory and "instinct" when it comes to fighting games. I know atleast I do.

I like to bait in this game, you step wrong I open up with a quick and easy combo and back off....I don't rush down in this game I have never been a rushdown player.

But this approach varies, I know the combos that will take you down to 25% health if you don't stop me(combo break).

So sit back and learn the mechanics. Combo breaking is your friend. Also, don't let these guys get you in the corner so they can shine. I call it the ropes(the corner) the want to fight in the corner, try not to allow that and take them back in the center of the ring.

Keep practicing.

In terms of ease of use for me, it goes:
Jago>Sabrewulf>Orchid>Sadira>Glacius>Thunder

I'm having a hard time trying to master Thunder for some reason.

Thunder is a bit akward and slow which he should be. He's a "heavy" if that makes sense. Maybe Fulgore will be this way too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This is probably a dumb question but the game just came out so I think it's alright.

I bought the Ultimate Pin Edition.

I know it comes with the original KI arcade game (got that), all current 6 characters (got that), and supposedly "accessory packs."

It's the accessory packs I'm confused about. I see in the KI store there is the ability for the characters to have different accessories (about 12 a piece), but they are not all unlocked.

So am I understanding correctly---While I bought the accessory packs available, I still have to earn them via in game credits/accomplishments?

correct. the ones at the farthest right are the ultra pack ones, all the locked ones come with the $20 game

So just finished a fight against AI Orchid....I suck at this game.

yesterday before going to bed i went to check out the survival statistics

so across one full day out of everyone who has tried survival, something like 6 people were able to defeat the next difficulty (veteran) and out of those 6 people, only 2 won another round

so...

everyone sucks at this game :>

Dai101

Banned
I love mod talk. Gets me all hot and bothered.

Really wish I had the extra cash for an XBO right now :[

GJurAjY.jpg

I've been very down on D.H because of SH: Homecoming, but credit where it's due, this is pretty damn amazing and I'm not normally a beat 'em up fan.

Still have a long, long way to go before I get anywhere near good enough to go online, but I really enjoyed the 20 minutes or so I played. D.H knocked it out of the park and I'm now really looking forward to seeing what they've done with Strider...

Top Bottom