• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Reviews are embargoed until Tuesday night (IGN has the exclusive), but I will say there are two things that bother me about the game. Both are unrelated to gameplay and fairly minor to most people, but they're still gripes nonetheless.

I'll discuss after Tuesday night, and I may even stream before launch if the Twitch app shows up before then. Basically, after Tuesday night I can answer any and all questions about the launch build.

Yeah, that. If you get it at Best Buy you get a $20 MS credit.

Who do you work for?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks like the $20 credit at best buy for the 12month gold is over

:(

DrDogg

Just a quick note. Yesterday I was playing with a colleague who has never played fighting games more than casually and was never really into KI. We started with KI Classic and he wasn't having much fun. After a few matches, we switched to KI3 and he had an utter blast with the game. He had so much fun with it he considered buying an Xbox One on Friday (previously had no plans to).

Also, within an hour of playing KI3, he was pulling off 20-hit combos, using breakers and counter breakers. I was pretty impressed with how easy the game is for newcomers to pick up and play. I think all of you guys calling yourselves noobs will be pleasantly surprised at how well you do when the game hits.

that as in demo but also with shadow jago? i'm even confused by the explanations, lol.

EDIT: got it. "Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One."

and here it is at best buy, but i dont see anything about $20 in credit. ?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-li...90334&skuId=9926568&st=12 live gold&cp=1&lp=6

Looks like the promotion may have ended. I don't see it anywhere on that page, but it was definitely there when I ordered (and I received my $20 already).

Who do you work for?

Prima Games and Eurogamer/USgamer. I wrote this: http://www.primagames.com/games/kil...r-instinct-mini-eguide-pax-prime-edition-intr

Reviews are embargoed until Tuesday night (IGN has the exclusive), but I will say there are two things that bother me about the game. Both are unrelated to gameplay and fairly minor to most people, but they're still gripes nonetheless.

I'll discuss after Tuesday night, and I may even stream before launch if the Twitch app shows up before then. Basically, after Tuesday night I can answer any and all questions about the launch build.

I'm interested in this, glad it's not gameplay related. Only dislike I have (from what I've seen) is how the UI is all over the place.

derFeef

So this showed up:

GaIsSwS.jpg

Guy has a One :)
https://twitter.com/cjcool804

abracadaver

720p and only 6 characters ?

The Xbox One UI is something I'm pretty hyped for.

Just a quick note. Yesterday I was playing with a colleague who has never played fighting games more than casually and was never really into KI. We started with KI Classic and he wasn't having much fun. After a few matches, we switched to KI3 and he had an utter blast with the game. He had so much fun with it he considered buying an Xbox One on Friday (previously had no plans to).

Also, within an hour of playing KI3, he was pulling off 20-hit combos, using breakers and counter breakers. I was pretty impressed with how easy the game is for newcomers to pick up and play. I think all of you guys calling yourselves noobs will be pleasantly surprised at how well you do when the game hits.

This game is seeming to be more like Smash Bros. of the fighting game scene in the sense that it's very accessible, but also has a ton of depth in its meta game.

Jinaar

Most everyone I know just got PS4's and I wasn't going to get any console on launch... but damn KI... damn your beauty. I may end up being the ugly duckling of the group.

Jinaar

Aww yeah! I sure hope so!
Yes, get it. Killer Instinct needs you and you need it. The future will be a great one.

I worked a summer job in '95 in house renovations. I would spend my lunch hours in my parents vehicle that I drove to this town in and read my copy of NINTENDO POWER, absorbing all the moves I could remember for each character. August 30th couldn't come sooner. I worked my ass off but I got that game and loved it so much.

To have it again... ugggg.... I needs it.

mJs1t0KhSWjkBtyJuXr6tYw.jpg

And the PS4 ... I don't hope so and it just means downloading - like on the 360.
I REALLY hope so, because seeing how the PS4 handles all that yesterday on the Giantbomb livestream .... ugh.

I actually meant PS4 and yeah, that is exactly why I was hoping they'd stick to the current 360 set up with regard to downloads/installs.

360 installed too. I expect the same thing here where it does any installs combined or invisible. MS is on point when it comes to things like this.

Yeah, the last 20% of so of the download would usually be the game installing. I like the unified/combined approach over it downloading and then having to install, so I hope that's still there on X1...

cool_dude

Banned
Just finished a 30 mile road ride with a group and convinced (hopefully) four guys to pick up Xbox one after I told them about killer instinct. These guys were mid 30s and it was kind of neat to hear them talk when KI nostalgia hit them. Can't wait for launch!

Top Bottom