• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Heysoos

Microsoft keeps pushing me away, but this game keeps pulling me back. :(

I don't even like fighters all that much but this game looks so freaking awesome, and everything I've seen from it just makes me want to have it.

KI06_zpsfef1d7da.png

Can Bear-ly wait!

Neither can Major Nelson:

E3_2013_Nelson-pc-games.png

Silky

Banned
Ok guys, based on videos etc. who's gonna be the first character you'll try?

I'm hoping that Glacius will suit my style the best, the diablo costume + red blood colour mix is too badass to skip on

Sabrewulf. I'm a huge Sabreman/Sabre Wulf fan. Wulf's always been my main, right next to Spinal.

derFeef

Sabrewulf is really fun to play, but I will try to be good with Glacius because he is badass.
When Spinal comes out ... it's Spinal all the time.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Cannot wait for my Pin Ultimate edition to be delivered, this is the reason to own an Xbox One.

Mdk7

ahah

I'm hoping that Glacius will suit my style the best, the diablo costume + red blood colour mix is too badass to skip on
Based on what i've tried at various events, Sabrewulf for sure.
I can' wait to try Sadira as well, she seems cool and rather unique.

When Riptor will eventually come, she will make me her bitch.

derFeef

How long will the Day One Gold thing be available? Need to get money on my paypal to be able to purchase it first - and get Shadow Jago.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'll probably try Glacius and Thunder first.

Plus I dig the workaholics Thunder. I have the same bear coat that I could wear to just sync with him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Based on my play at TFC, it'll... still be Thunder, lol. Glacius and Orchid have me interested too. Sadira looks like a ton of fun, also.

Need an old man character so I can make him look like Chin / Tung Fu Rue / Wang Jinrei, and main him! XD

#1 for me (i'd have chosen 2 for the shoulders, but i digged SO MUCH the idea of having the anchor inside his leg!) and i really like the shield made out of some creature's skull.

It sucks to admit that IMHO most of these designs were probably better than the cool yet VERY traditional/safe Spinal we've got.

Whoa, I actually didn't really notice it! That's actually pretty awesome. Maybe it'll pop out as an accessory! I actually can't wait to see the shield in motion, since apparently things move from it.

I actually hate the rope surrounding him. :p

I will be pouring the majority of my focus into Orchid first.

I never cared too much for Killer instinct, i did own the SNES (killer cuts!) original and played it in the arcades quite a bit but my preference was always for street fighter. I have to say though, this one looks like a blast. Double Helix makes me very nervous, but hopefully this is a good sign that the studio has improved.

Silky

Banned
Have they said when we'll see Fulgore? Is it next week?

They said before launch. Launch is literally in a week. So...yeah, we'll see him sometime next week.

Next week's trailer will most likely be a CGI trailer. Finally detailing what's going on in the game as a little teaser for the Story of the game. That way they CAN show Fulgore's new look, but not actually show his in game look.

Thinking a bit in regards to the lore of KI. With these eight characters, here's what we have if the game's continuing from KI2's Story.

-Jago didn't kill Orchid or Fulgore in KI2, so that way Orchid/Jago ARE Partners, but they probably don't know that they're related.
-Sabrewulf killed Glacius from KI2, but he's still searching for a cure while still holding in his primal rage (hah), hence the tranqs in his muzzle and the like.
-This Glacius we see now is a completely different Glacius (keeping KI tradition), hunting down the guy who killed his race that were stranded at Earth--Sabrewulf.
-Eagle is dead (duh), and Thunder continues on with life, while Sadira is possibly hunting him down under Ultratech's rule(?). Fulgore and Sadira could possibly be partners (with Sadira having her own motives, obviously.)
-Spinal was once again re-assimilated by probably Ultratech or Shadow Jago, still acting as someone's henchman. Probably going after Thunder as well.
-Shadow Jago...is an anomaly. He could either be a re-production of Gargos's influence on Jago (Evil Tiger!Spirit), or Ultratech probably made a clone out of Jago using whatever was remaining of Gargos.

Allies
Jago/Orchid/Thunder/Glacius(?)

Neutral
Sabrewulf

Antagonists
S. Jago, Sadira, Spinal, Fulgore.

Sabrewulf gives no fucks

.la1n

ahah

Going with Jago, his play style seems more in line with the type of characters I usually play. I would main Cinder so hard if he was in the game though :(

They said before launch. Launch is literally in a week. So...yeah, we'll see him sometime next week.

Allies
Jago/Orchid/Thunder/Glacius(?)

Neutral
Sabrewulf

Antagonists
S. Jago, Sadira, Spinal, Fulgore.

Sabrewulf gives no fucks

That's great! Can't wait to see what Fulgore looks like! :D

Also, isn't Spinal neutral?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
think i'll wait to see how it plays on a standard pad, but oh so tempted to just go all in for the $40 version. will likely anyways!

Any take on how you guys want Shadow Jago to play like?

And have they said that Shadow Jago will be getting his own stage?

Final question: Anybody have a video of the last stream. I missed it. :c

they said we should see them in the launch trailer next week.

Gah. The trailer is going to bring in everything, I can't wait! ^^

Top Bottom