• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Jarlaxle

Can't wait for this game. I think I've watched every single piece of media and all the streams since this was announced in June. I'm super pumped for it but will still probably suck.

Add me if you want an easy match. My gamertag is Jarlaxe.

rokkerkory

omg - I can finally post! Thanks!

I can't wait until this game is out. Do you guys know if/when the soundtrack will be out? :)

As a person who never played the original KI games and as a person who generally dislikes fighting games...

I realllllly want this game!

Nori Chan

Pin Ultimate Edition comes out Day One now

a_560x0.jpg

Prezhulio

Am I understanding right that you can unlock everything (costumes and accessory) in the $40 version EXCEPT the original KI in the $20 version just by playing?

LTWheels

Am I understanding right that you can unlock everything (costumes and accessory) in the $40 version EXCEPT the original KI in the $20 version just by playing?

No

$20 you can unlock 2 accessory sets per character
$40 you can unlock 3...

Classic costumes are $40 only

Great OP.

I got a question, if you buy the $20 version, can you upgrade to the Ultimate one by paying an additional $20 and get the KI1 Arcade?

mr stroke

My overpriced launch day Madkatz stick is ready

I didn't really want to drop another $200 on a stick but I am so hyped for this game I had to buy it, as the Xbone pad can't be good enough for a fighter?

Can't wait till next Friday!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I played a bit of this and it's really fucking fun, even if you suck at fighting games like me. I'm really looking forward to the tutorial mode to learn the intricacies of this. Picking up the $40 version.

I don't like the OP. It lacks flail and the pizzazz the game has and it scares me with the paragraphs upon paragraphs of complicated technical mumbo jumbo. That aside, Bring it on! =)

Has there been any info released about the original KI arcade port?

Is it emulated? Is the emulation flawless? Is it modified in any way? I'm assuming they won't want to leave the Nintendo/Ultra 64 attract in there. How are they going to do that if they're not directly emulating the arcade original? Are we getting the possibility of changing the options like you could in the arcade's config menu (Blood, Difficulty, etc.)? Etc...

hmmmm interesting, thought the only way to get Killer Instinct arcade (first game) was to buy the pin edition, but buying it for $40 seems good for me.

very tempted to get the $40 version but at the moment im just getting the $20 version.

hyped, lets do this B^) i am ready.

super hyped to get this game down the road when i get an xbone. i'll admit that i came in EXTREMELY skeptical after the e3 reveal but double helix has been doing a great job assuaging those worries.

Has there been any info released about the original KI arcade port?

Is it emulated? Is the emulation flawless? Is it modified in any way? I'm assuming they won't want to leave the Nintendo/Ultra 64 attract in there. How are they going to do that if they're not directly emulating the arcade original? Are we getting the possibility of changing the options like you could in the arcade's config menu (Blood, Difficulty, etc.)? Etc...

• Arcade port
  • Includes v.1 and v.1.5 which fixed some stuff like the Cinder infinite combo
  • Has a new Training Mode
  • Unlockable character sprites and cinematics that can be viewed
  • Original or Rasterized for HD visual options
  • No online but could be patched in later

I literally punched my friend in the stomach from excitement when this was announced at E3 (don't worry it wasn't that hard), I have been waiting for so long for this. I looked for a Killer instinct announcement every E3 since MS bought Rare. I will soon be able to die a happy man.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
  • Arcade port
  • Includes v.1 and v.1.5 which fixed some stuff like the Cinder infinite combo
  • Has a new Training Mode
  • Unlockable character sprites and cinematics that can be viewed
  • Original or Rasterized for HD visual options
  • No online but could be patched in later
The classic game also has a separate achievement list too.

LakeEarth

I literally punched my friend in the stomach from excitement when this was announced at E3 (don't worry it wasn't that hard), I have been waiting for so long for this. I looked for a Killer instinct announcement every E3 since MS bought Rare. I will soon be able to die a happy man.

A huge regret was missing the E3 trailer live. I was watching the Live stream, but ran to the washroom when the Ryse talk didn't interest me. I got back and caught the last 5 seconds. I would've had a Max-like reaction to it.

JakenBear

Neo Member
Really looking forward to this.

Has anyone been able to find out which edition Xbox gave away via email?
They mentioned unlocking free characters but I'm hoping we can upgrade to the $40 edition.

Top Bottom