• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Okay, download the free version of the game and check the in game store. I'm pretty sure you can buy S1 by itself there. If not then I assume they will be giving S1 away with S2 this month if they are tied together in the stores.

Nope, I'm in the same boat. Can't find season 1 alone at all.

shaowebb

I'd actually love to find out that the King of Babylon was somehow around or that Aria's creator was around. I like leader figures. Be neat to see either of those historical figureheads in season 4 become cast.

Then again, Keits and KI are just plain killing it with these characters. I'm still hoping for another rushdown character who can give me a Polymar style vibe. I got lots of neat stuff with Jago's instinct, Sabrewulf, and TJ but nothing quite fills that void of fast moving, hard hitting, command grabbing, command go behind dodging, cancel machine. I only hope for it because Keits was a big TVC guy.

VariantX

Alright, just put my $10 on Kilgore, time to go and play with all the other crappy day 1 Kilgores in matchmaking who don't play shadow lords. Cue the benny hill music.

Ryce

Is it weird that I enjoy watching these character breakdowns and look forward to new announcements despite not having the game? I kinda wanna buy an Xbox One just for KI, but that's probably not the wisest financial decision I could make. Everything just looks so good, and the characters all seem really fun and well-designed. So, yeah, keep up the good work, IG.

Memory

Is it weird that I enjoy watching these character breakdowns and look forward to new announcements despite not having the game? I kinda wanna buy an Xbox One just for KI, but that's probably not the wisest financial decision I could make. Everything just looks so good, and the characters all seem really fun and well-designed. So, yeah, keep up the good work, IG.

Don't forget you can also play it on PC if you have decent specs. I would say buying or upgrading your PC is a better investment at this point. Or just wait for Scorpio, the game will no doubt have gained some new additions by the time it comes out.

i only pay $20 for the "definitive" edition last month, i dont get why some peoples think it's ok to pay $10 for a clone char ...:/

$5 of the Kilgore purchase goes to tournaments for KI. I consider this an investment, just like Shadow Jago was.

Kilgore is far from a clone character, as well.

Skab

i only pay $20 for the "definitive" edition last month, i dont get why some peoples think it's ok to pay $10 for a clone char ...:/

Not only is it not a clone character, its also a community fund character like shadow jago was.

It's $10 because half of that goes to tourney prize pools.

If you don't want to support the community, then don't buy him.

VariantX

Generally the idea of a clone is that a character shares the same properties as another character mechanically and may share some visual traits. You're literally caught up on a polygonal model while ignoring the fact the things(mechanics) that actually define a character completely differentiate Kilgore from Fulgore.

Yeah, I don't think $10 is all that egregious.

Then again maybe it's because shit like Gears 4 is completely bending over their player base so this seems like a reasonable price compared to that.

Anyway, did they confirm ultimates for all characters? Pretty cool if so, although I still would have liked stages for the other season 3 characters.

KAOS

This is horrible! Thought he was going to be free as a thank you for the gamers who have supported the game these past three seasons. I have complained in the past over my dissappointment with season 3 and how they moved away from what made the previous season an incredible value. Characters, stages, accessories and alt costumes. Now with the third season it's been all about money grubbing!! This is what happens when MS feels like they don't have competition since the big fighters are on the ps4.

The money grubbing message is clear! Don't support this nonsense! Play SF V instead get Akuma and his stage through game currency or real money for less than $10 bucks!

Freaking ridiculous Iron Galaxy/MS!

Skab

This is horrible! Thought he was going to be free as a thank you for the gamers who have supported the game these past three seasons. I have complained in the past over my dissappointment with season 3 and how they moved away from what made the previous season an incredible value. Characters, stages, accessories and alt costumes. Now with the third season it's been all about money grubbing!! This is what happens when MS feels like they don't have competition since the big fighters are on the ps4.

The money grubbing message is clear! Don't support this nonsense! Play SF V instead get Akuma and his stage through game currency or real money for less than $10 bucks!

lmao

remz

I can't tell if this is parody or not

rrc1594

LMAO is this real?

playXray

Okay, download the free version of the game and check the in game store. I'm pretty sure you can buy S1 by itself there. If not then I assume they will be giving S1 away with S2 this month if they are tied together in the stores.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

You have yourself up when you could resist trying to sell PS4s and Street Fighter V

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

In what alternative universe is this a parody!
pvXCtP5.gif

sibarraz

Banned
How expensive has been this game for all the guys that have been there day one?

At leat for me, this game is fine since I bought the definitive edition for 20 dollars (I love how I have to unlock the costumes by playing, gives a good feeling of progress)

shingi70

Banned

The fact the you complain about this new character when tot was never stated he was going to be free. He always had the attention of helping out money back into the games community not unlike the Capcom Pro tour costumes and Stage.

shaowebb

I was only a big TvC guy because I was a big MvC guy and nothing new appeared to ever be coming for MvC. And also I love fighting games.

And I ended up being pretty decent at TvC.

My favorite moment was when you told Marn "you may be good but I'm not free" on stream. Preeeeeetty sure he was out for everyone's blood the rest of that tourney after that lol. That face though :)
kyiv6Kc.gif

Really wish they'd give that game a rerelease or sequel someday.

For now I just use Thunder's crow dashing for a Polymar sorta left right. He's very different but he hits hard, has command grabs and a left right dash so he's starting to click for me. Also diggin Eyedol a lot.

vg260

I can give you a pass on not wanting to pay an extra $5 to a community fund if you have absolutely no interest in that. I think that's reasonable. However. characters have always been at least $5, so expecting a freebie for significant content like a character was pretty unrealistic. That and SFV is not really a good measuring stick for value.

dankir

lol get outta here with that shit.

Luckydog

LOL, best laugh of 2017. 10/10, would read again.

Thanks for this post. I've been a bit down recently and I just can't stop laughing at this.

Cyros

At leat for me, this game is fine since I bought the definitive edition for 20 dollars (I love how I have to unlock the costumes by playing, gives a good feeling of progress)

I bought all 3 Ultra Editions so I've spent $120 plus however much the Shadow Jago community fund was.

Nori Chan

I have bought the most expensive edition (Pin edition for 60 dollars and every other pin sold for it afterwards) for every season, the shadow jago xbl gold card (twice), and now Kilgore. I have no regrets and would do it all over again. I love this game and I will continue to support it. Might buy the gold skins just to have them.

The only thing I don't support is the color 10 skins locked behind the figures :/

The KI price model has been very reasonable for the most part. I agree $10 for a character is pretty steep but it was done with a purpose. To fund the the tournament seen. If you don't watch or participate in the seen I totally understand how frustrating this is but he'll go on sale eventually.

What I don't understand is you using SFV as example of good value for your money. It was a broken piece of shit at launch and is still not perfect. I'd rather support a dev that cares about their game and fans than one that rushes out an unfinished game to make their year end financial statements look better. Iron Galaxy had earned my trust. Capcom has, for years, ruined their games with anti consumer bullshit. I will not support that.

The KI price model has been very reasonable for the most part. I agree $10 for a character is pretty step but it was done with a purpose. To fund the the tournament seen. If you don't watch or participate in the seen I totally understand how frustrating this is but he'll go on sale eventually.

What I don't understand is you using SFV as example of good value for your money. It was a broken piece of shit at launch and is still not perfect. I'd rather support a dev that cares about there game and fans than one that rushes out an unfinished game to make their year end financial statements look better. Iron Galaxy had earned my trust. Capcom has, for years, ruined their games with anti consumer bullshit. I will not support that.

Yeah, but SFV is a better game.

What I actually meant to say is that, Im willing to put up with a little bullshit for a game (SFV) that has a much better scene.

KI is a great game but it will never be as popular as Street Fighter in the tournament scene.

Zedox

What I actually meant to say is that, Im willing to put up with a little bullshit for a game (SFV) that has a much better scene.

KI is a great game but it will never be as popular as Street Fighter in the tournament scene.

So because it's not as popular (but does have a good following) you're less likely to put up with "shit" aka $5 more? Mmmmk. Opinions I guess. I'm not paying for the character because I don't have a real interest in it. I'll probably buy the new characters when a new "season" comes, but that's me.

What really tickles me is that you (and others have in the past) talk about the KI scene but it seems like to me that MS/IG is really letting the community (online and off) directly effect the offline scene more than other companies that I've seen. But that's just me...

So you want to play a game with a popular seen but when Iron Galaxy tries to support and grow it's seen by releasing a character to directly fund that seen, it's bullshit? Or am I taking your words out of context?

stn

As good as the gameplay is in SFV, the pricing model is a complete joke. ONE skin is currently almost $6. Kilgore at $10 is a steal.

tariniel

I bought the full S2 release for I think $50 when it came out on Win10, but I found it pretty difficult to get used to the game, specifically breaking. That and none of my friends play it so all I do is practice to play random people online. Even still I'm thinking about trying it again as I'm getting real tired of SFV. I remember the netcode being amazing in KI.

I spent so much time trying to learn how to tell the difference between the strengths of attacks for breaking and couldn't really get it. I tried looking at the speed of the move, the animation of my characters block, the sound effect... I was playing Orchid because she seemed very straight forward at the time.

sibarraz

Banned
I bought the full S2 release for I think $50 when it came out on Win10, but I found it pretty difficult to get used to the game, specifically breaking. That and none of my friends play it so all I do is practice to play random people online. Even still I'm thinking about trying it again as I'm getting real tired of SFV. I remember the netcode being amazing in KI.

I spent so much time trying to learn how to tell the difference between the strengths of attacks for breaking and couldn't really get it. I tried looking at the speed of the move, the animation of my characters block, the sound effect... I was playing Orchid because she seemed very straight forward at the time.

Have you tried the combo breaker practice?

Top Bottom