• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

sibarraz

Banned
I'm trying to do mimcs while skipping turns, that being said, mimic colors are not that awesome, so I don't know if it's worthy to grind that mode (even though on higher difficulties is a little more of a challenge)

Is there a list with all the requirements to unlock all the cutscenes?

Nori Chan

You need to start ending turns until the Omens start popping up, defeat them because you want to disable Gargos. After that end turns until Gargos shows up. Grinding waves is only for collecting loot best I can tell.
Yeah I know that but yeah I was grinding getting ready and shizz like that

shaowebb

Still circling the roster. Spinal is cool. I really dig his skull mechanics and counters. Plus his divekick and shoulder ram are fun to use after chucking out skull projectiles. Very cool setup character.

So far the only thing I can say negative is that the load times are horrifying.

.la1n

Still circling the roster. Spinal is cool. I really dig his skull mechanics and counters. Plus his divekick and shoulder ram are fun to use after chucking out skull projectiles. Very cool setup character.

So far the only thing I can say negative is that the load times are horrifying.

Load times are alleviated on PC but yeah XBO is a chore. It makes Shadow Lords twice the chore it would be otherwise.

WhiteWolf

Picked this up and have been really enjoying my time with it so far. I really enjoy using Sabrewulf, I just can't turn down playing as a werewolf in any game. Is it cool to stick with one character for awhile while learning the game or is it better to practice with several?

.la1n

Picked this up and have been really enjoying my time with it so far. I really enjoy using Sabrewulf, I just can't turn down playing as a werewolf in any game. Is it cool to stick with one character for awhile while learning the game or is it better to practice with several?

Sabrewulf or Jago are actually really good characters to learn with. They have easily understandable move sets that will help you get the basics down without the extra baggage of learning the "gimmicks" some of the other cast have.
I would also add Tusk to that list. He also has the added benefit of being able to deal good damage outside the combo system.

Seik

Banned
Bought the game this morning! :D

Tinkled with the setting a lot for starters, I though my GTX 1060 would be able to take it to 4K but I get a score of like 685/1000 so I'm running it in 1440p with all the bells and whistles to have it at 1004/1000, which is really neat anyways.

Tutorial is on point, I learned to do combos pretty quickly.

The moment I thought I was up to snuff I went online for a non-ranked match and, man, that was humbling, I couldn't even place two hits. :lol

Gonna keep playing tonight.

stn

New skins pack up for Fulgore, Riptor, and Mira. I'm digging the Fulgore skin especially, will have to eventually buy the pack when I re-install KI.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
I'm really disappointed my x360 FightPad stopped working in this since the anniversary update on Windows 10. Haven't been able to play this game in forever...

shaowebb

Lol...used Spinal some more today. Took on a Riptor...sooooooo free. Jump in fire=I got so many skulls from shielding that shit. Standing fire from Riptor=same as before lol.

Riptor is just so many mulithit moves that Spinal can convert to skulls quick and easy. One good read in that matchup and I can get full skulls. No wonder the dinosaurs went extinct. Really dig Spinal's tools. Starting to improve my Aria and Omen play now. No clue who I'll main yet. Really bored with Shadow lords. Just mainly hoping to unlock costumes.

Doukou

Wow just got back lots of cool stuff.
Can't believe Kilgore is real, what a silly design. What mission in SL can you play as it temporarily?

.la1n

Wow just got back lots of cool stuff.
Can't believe Kilgore is real, what a silly design. What mission in SL can you play as it temporarily?

I would be curious in finding this out as well. I imagine his move set has a lot more fleshing out to go (I hope) because right now it seems pretty lackluster.

shaowebb

Just heard all the talk in the community thread regarding EVO. I really hope KI makes the cut again this year. It stays fairly consistent in entertainment value on the main stage and I would hate to see it cut. Theres just so many titles this year that folks are all talking about whose getting the ax.

I think neogaf just doesn't have a large KI community is all. I actually believe it will stick around.

playXray

I'm really looking forward to starting Killer Instinct when Season 2 goes free on GWG later this month. However, I would also like to buy Season 1 to go along with this, but I can't find it on the store - I can only see a double-pack with Season 1 & 2 combined. Does anyone know if Season 1 can still be purchased on its own, or will I have to buy either the 1 & 2 double edition / the definitive/supreme seasons 1-3 edition?

Gestault

Killgore is paid content? Hmm...my quality bar just went up in a bad way. I need to watch that stream when I get the chance.

I've been a steadfast "Ultra Edition at launch" (and the $20 Shadow Jago w/ bonus $20 worth of moon-bucks) buyer for all three seasons. For whatever reason, this doesn't look like a bite to me just based on the sounds of it and those earlier videos.

Any word on a trailer, for those who've seen the presentation?

sibarraz

Banned
If he came with costumes I'll bite, otherwise I think that 10 dollars is too expensive, is iike half of what I paid for defiitive edition

hwalker84

Killgore is paid content? Hmm...my quality bar just went up in a bad way. I need to watch that stream when I get the chance.

This isn't season 3 content. This is extra after season content. This isn't season 4 content either. More like bonus content to fund tournaments.

Gestault

This isn't season 3 content. This is extra after season content. This isn't season 4 content either. More like bonus content to fund tournaments.

Yeah, I understand that. I mean as paid standalone content, my expectations are higher. The original details were announced with the free Thunder costume info, and they mentioned how Killgore was being worked into Shadow Lords. I didn't get the impression it would be twice the price of a normal character, while also seeming like a clone variation.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Shago was 10 as well to fund tournaments I thought.

It's pricey, I can understand the criticism. On the other hand if it helps the KI tournament scene / community staying active, it's for a good cause.

Memory

I'm really looking forward to starting Killer Instinct when Season 2 goes free on GWG later this month. However, I would also like to buy Season 1 to go along with this, but I can't find it on the store - I can only see a double-pack with Season 1 & 2 combined. Does anyone know if Season 1 can still be purchased on its own, or will I have to buy either the 1 & 2 double edition / the definitive/supreme seasons 1-3 edition?

Are you looking in the MS webstore, Xbox 1 store or ingame store?

Edit: Really disliked Kilgore's playstyle from what i played of him, i'll give this a miss if he isn't part of Season 3. I hope they reveal the next character.

Gestault

Shago was 10 as well to fund tournaments I thought.

It's pricey, I can understand the criticism. On the other hand if it helps the KI tournament scene / community staying active, it's for a good cause.

I'm pretty sure he was $20, but also came with $20 worth of gold (and bonus gold if you got it during the initial window).

Edit: Pulled up the stream, available here

Having those projectiles build up Shadow Meter as fast as it does, combined with the Shadow "dump heat" move seems like it would be incredibly easy to abuse for a zone player.

Happy to throw down $10 to help support KI tournies even if I have no interest in the character. I haven't played KI half as much as I want to but I love watching it played at FGC events.

shaowebb

Kilgore's overheating gimmick reminds me of Cinders in a way, but more controlled. I dig a lot of the new move properties he gets once his spin speed gets so high. Gotta use his heat exhaust though or you could go too far.

EDIT: Okay shit got real. He has Sektor missiles that have a target you can position where you want and they explode upon reaching it. He can fire straight or hidden missile the things straight up to the target. I can see some shenanigans with that.

Kilgore's $10? I started watching the archive, since I was at the dentist when this stream began.

I'll gladly pay for Kilgore, and the other characters should they be the same. Killer Instinct and the IG team deserves the support.

Gestault

Ok, seeing how missiles behave during overheat is hilarious. The more this character plays to the "broken, shitty version of Fulgore" theme, the more I like him.

shaowebb

Oh god shadow missiles are like 17% and homing. Overheat fucks em though. Lets see instinct.
EDIT: Holy shit instinct mode equals a shitload of meter off his zoning.

vg260

Not a huge fan of $10 for a character on paper, but I think he looks cool with a lot of thought to make him unique. Throwing in $5 to help support the scene is not too bad. I have less problems throwing in a 5-er to help KI tournaments that really need it to extend its life as opposed to something like SFV which is going to get tons of support regardless of the product quality. Not to mention I like what they did with Thunder's new costume, so I don't mind supporting their efforts.

I will say I would have much preferred they not force community donations via characters, and save it for cosmetics like MKX and SFV.

Gestault

Oh damn, Instinct overclocks him so he gets full overheat advantage without the drawbacks.

Edit: Ultra ender is equally hilarious. And the not-quite-smooth head tracking for Killgore on idle looks awesome. He's almost scanning the room like a turret.

Gestault

Ok, Killgore has a red flame-decal unlockable, and his purple default looks a LOT like Shockwave from Transformers would with gun arms. I may be sold on this dumb fucking character.

Nori Chan

Any other game, I would say fuck that, 10 dollars for a character. But IG and KI deserve the support.

GIVE US MORE AN WELL PAY YOU MORE KEITS

stn

I'll definitely buy this to support the scene. I don't even play KI that much but I recognize that its a pretty solid fighter. Is there a deadline?

Mihos

Gold Member
I really want to play this game, but the whole business model is a train wreck. I will wait until they wrap it up and I can buy the whole thing at once... or just never at all.

Top Bottom