• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (Grasshopper, 360/PS3) screens

Revven

Okay, the blond woman looks ridiculously inspired by a combination of EVA from MGS3 and Sylvia from NMH. WTF Suda!?

Give this game to me now, I want it, this looks SO GOOD. Please tell me the gameplay will be good! Pump this artstyle into my veins!

Definitely inspired by NMH and Killer 7. This looks very similar to NMH's artstyle. Esp. if you look at NMH Paradise.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I keep imagine the gameplay to be like Metal Gear Rising with Blade mode and shit. Why?

Zaventem

The two of what i assume are enemy designs are so cool.I'm glad we still have games like this, i'm tired of "the story must be perfect and non exaggerated or it's a shit game". Here's hoping for more crazyyyyy Japanese games for me to buy in the future.

abadguy

Banned
These screens look amazing. I loved Killer 7 and especially No More Heroes, really hope that Suda himself will direct this one.

Everything about this art style/direction speaks to me right down to the protagonist being a sword wielding dude in a black suit and tie. I'm in Suda.

The great thing about the comic, animation and videogame mediums is that they do not need to recreate reality but can be stylised any way the creators want with no limitations.

Killer is Dead looks fantastic and can't wait to find out more about the game in the months ahead.

Mononoke

Banned
Ehh... This design looks really weird to me. Her torso seems really long. Is she an alien in a humanoid costume, cuz then I'm down.

While the character is stylized, my friend is a model in Vegas and has very similar body proportions. Very leggy, and a long torso (hence why she models).

Lawl going to call her an alien.

So it looks really cool and has style oozing from every polygon. It's a Suda51 game.

but how does it play, is the question. It IS a Suda51 game, after all.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks nice, but thats always the way. I'd like to think Suda51 and co have learnt a little about game pacing and level design since all their fucking shit has left a sour taste in my mouth. No More Heroes 2 had a fair few high highs but too many goddam unforgivable lows.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I am saddened by no Wii U announcement yet, but gladdened by the fact that I am finally getting another Suda 51 directed game.

Can't wait to hear more about this one. There's got to be a reason why Suda decided to get back into the game.

Ridley327

Agreed.

So that Akira Yamaoka has the time to work on a survival-horror game.

Takada is over at Tango with Mikami, so it's only fair that they do a swap: Takada on a new killer-based GHM project, and Yamaoka giving us the union we've all been waiting for by working on a Mikami-directed survival horror game.

They're even BFFs!

Looks fantastic! I need to dust of my Wiii and finally finish NMH2. I just lost steam with it, where NMH1 was amazing and I could not stop playing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Haven't seen this posted yet.

c20130116_killdead_02o7ub7.jpg

JaxJag

Banned
I'm amazed. How does Grasshopper put out so many games, when none of them seem to really do all that well at retail?

I'm glad they are able to stay open... don't get me wrong. But maybe they should share their secret with other developers, lol.

TGMIII

Probably not. Suda has moved from directing to supervising.

Was already confirmed that he's completely behind the project, not a supervising role like Lollipop Chainsaw.

Screens look great but hopefully it plays better than his previous games.

Zaventem

I'm amazed. How does Grasshopper put out so many games, when none of them seem to really do all that well at retail?

I'm glad they are able to stay open... don't get me wrong. But maybe they should share their secret with other developers, lol.

Maybe the budget isn't all that high? also the know how to balance a check book.

Was already confirmed that he's completely behind the project, not a supervising role like Lollipop Chainsaw.

Screens look great but hopefully it plays better than his previous games.

I think he's still only the executive director, so kinda like with SotD and NMH2, and not really directing it like Killer7 and NMH.

The Giant

Banned
Looks bloody awesome. This and south park are the only 360 games I will be getting this year, unless Killer is Dead comes out on Wii U.

Lime

I could do without the sexualized female jumpsuit and the 20-year old with knocked knees together and feet apart. Especially the latter annoys me to no end.

Otherwise, the game looks very interesting and I really dig the art style (minus the overuse of bloom).

thefro

Interested in this, but I'd have to see more and hear how it actually plays and how good the story is (good Suda story like Killer 7 & NMH 1 and I'm there).

JoeFenix

The artstyle is absolutely amazing, I really like the way these screens look.

I just wish they weren't using UE3, the frame-tearing and texture pop-in will ruin the look they're going for imo.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more though, looks pretty cool!

Top Bottom