• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Officially Revealed!!

Azar

Hey maybe we'll get a PS4 announcement and then we can live it up in a KF2 megathread!

In all seriousness Tripwire probably should port it. Get in there before a similar game steals the spotlight. KF is way more fun than L4D PvE, everybody should try it.
Running an interview with Gibson tomorrow about Linux, Steam controller etc.

I have no idea if they have console port plans, but he says that on a scale of 0 to 10, a mouse is 10 and a game pad is 0, so read into that how you wish!

Running an interview with Gibson tomorrow about Linux, Steam controller etc.

I have no idea if they have console port plans, but he says that on a scale of 0 to 10, a mouse is 10 and a game pad is 0, so read into that how you wish!
You can use a mouse and a keyboard on the PS4

SparkTR

I hope they get rid of the slow motion. I can't stand it and is why I stopped playing the game.

Hell no, that was crucial when the shit hit the fan and it looked awesome to boot. They're developing animations with slo-mo in mind with this version (~240 frames of animation) so it should look better than ever.

Big-E

One of the best games of last generation that not many people have heard of gets a sequel. Wish I had more real life friends that play this.

SparkTR

I'm assuming you also saw the increasing pages of the UT thread until the platform was announced. Civ beyond earth had a similar effect

Which is interesting because the exact opposite happens over at Reddit, the KF and UT announcements got to the front-page while the Sunset Overdrive trailer kind of fizzled out. It's definitely easy to see where the community that buys these kind of games exist, and where they don't. GAF has a large overlap with IGN and Gamespot forums, which are naturally more console focused and explains the kind of 'system wars' mentality we see around here (though, much more subtle than IGN obviously).

therapist

buying this solely on them outdoing SOF'S gore mechanics , finally a game with some balls.

It looks awesome and the first was/is a great game.

I also LOVE Ro2 and rising storm and def want to support tripwire

Dryk

Tripwire, keep the B-movie jank in the atmosphere and voice acting and I'm there day 1. As long as I'm able to circumvent the inevitable neutering of the Australian release somehow

Moofers

Hell yeah building a new PC is a lot of money. I buy consoles so I don't have to mess with that shit. I like my steam account and my steam games, but my PC's throughout the years have always been for work and school first, gaming second. I realize that's hard for PC die-hards to understand but I don't have the money for consoles and PC upgrades so I just run with my PC when I get a new one every 7 years until it can't keep up anymore. I'm only 4 years into my current rig and it can't even play Titanfall so I doubt it will run KF2. But I fucking looooove KF so I'm going to pray they port it over to PS4. I honestly think it would do really well there and like somebody else already said, there's nothing g like it there yet so they'd be in a really good position as a unique offering on that platform.

Kinthalis

Banned
Hell yeah building a new PC is a lot of money. I buy consoles so I don't have to mess with that shit. I like my steam account and my steam games, but my PC's throughout the years have always been for work and school first, gaming second. I realize that's hard for PC die-hards to understand but I don't have the money for consoles and PC upgrades so I just run with my PC when I get a new one every 7 years until it can't keep up anymore. I'm only 4 years into my current rig and it can't even play Titanfall so I doubt it will run KF2. But I fucking looooove KF so I'm going to pray they port it over to PS4. I honestly think it would do really well there and like somebody else already said, there's nothing g like it there yet so they'd be in a really good position as a unique offering on that platform.

The money I've saved on PC games and not having to pay for multi-player over consoles last gen could buy me two top of the line PC's.

It can do the same for you!

derExperte

Those were totally optional and 90% cosmetic. The guns weren't game changers either. I got by just great without buying any extras.

Yep, I grabbed some skins to support the devs after I got the game for cheap and that was that, don't think I ever bought one of the community weapons.

DerpAlert

Neo Member
Tripwire, keep the B-movie jank in the atmosphere and voice acting and I'm there day 1. As long as I'm able to circumvent the inevitable neutering of the Australian release somehow

Well, we do have R 18+ now, so there's a
small
chance it will make it through. Most of the stuff that's been censored since then has been sexual related.

But I'm totally there day one either way. Gotta save the dosh from my benefit cheques.

Grief.exe

I'm assuming you also saw the increasing pages of the UT thread until the platform was announced. Civ beyond earth had a similar effect

We have to trick the console players into being interested.

It strikes me as very strange. You would think a hardcore forum dedicated to the hobby would naturally gravitate toward the PC platform. Better performance, cheaper games, exclusives targeted at the demographic.

breadtruck

Great news, KF1 was a bunch of fun. I never was dedicated enough to get my characters maxed out in level (it took sooooooooo dang long to rank up,) so seeing them bump up the max from 6 to 25 is crazy to me, but itll keep it fresh for the die-hards.

Great news, KF1 was a bunch of fun. I never was dedicated enough to get my characters maxed out in level (it took sooooooooo dang long to rank up,) so seeing them bump up the max from 6 to 25 is crazy to me, but itll keep it fresh for the die-hards.
I assumed the idea is that you'll level up faster through a higher amount of total perk levels, to give you a little bit of achievement more often than KF1.

Vash63

This looks awesome. Great to see a Linux release also, was kinda worried since RO2 skipped Linux. Probably a day 1 purchase for me.

Moofers

The money I've saved on PC games and not having to pay for multi-player over consoles last gen could buy me two top of the line PC's.

It can do the same for you!
That would be fine if it didn't mean I would have to miss out on console exclusives like The Last of Us, Gears of War, Catherine, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, God of War, Halo, Shenmue, PowerStone, Tekken Tag 2, Twisted Metal, etc the list goes on. I got deep roots in console gaming dating back to the 80's man. Never gonna give that up for just one platform.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Not if you use a higher difficulty pretty easy then.

1upmuffin

Tripwire has made a ton of KF updates, with new maps, modes, and model changes, and if they were on a console they wouldn't be able to add new content as easily/frequently. Also, Tripwire supports modding on PC, which also wouldn't work on console. Killing Floor is a PC game through and through.

vazel

Banned
Tripwire has made a ton of KF updates, with new maps, modes, and model changes, and if they were on a console they wouldn't be able to add new content as easily/frequently. Also, Tripwire supports modding on PC, which also wouldn't work on console. Killing Floor is a PC game through and through.
Gaijin said they can do simultaneous updates on both PC and PS4.
Anton Yudintsev: Well the main thing is you need a lot of people in the game for online gaming to make your game successful. And Sony allows us to make cross-platform games for PS4 and they allow us to make simultaneous updates. We have a digital agreement; we can make simultaneous updates on PC and PS4. That means there will be a lot of players playing from day one. They will be on PC but [playing] with PS4 players. This is one thing. The second is that PS4 is so powerful, and the architecture is similar to PC, so it’s much easier to maintain simultaneous updates.
http://www.edge-online.com/news/gaijin-games-on-why-war-thunder-isnt-coming-to-xbox-one/

1upmuffin

The article said that it will take less time to level up.

Gaijin said they can do simultaneous updates on both PC and PS4.

Oh, maybe new consoles will allow updates that frequently.

Paertan

There are some things I hope they fix. Like not being able to cancel reload! But I want it to come with a price. Like you have to drop your weapon on the ground to cancel it. Would still have saved me a bunch of time but it would make you think more than twice before doing it.

And being able to turn off auto reload. There is a mutator for it but it should be a setting.

DerpAlert

Neo Member
We have to trick the console players into being interested.

It strikes me as very strange. You would think a hardcore forum dedicated to the hobby would naturally gravitate toward the PC platform. Better performance, cheaper games, exclusives targeted at the demographic.

I used to be a console gamer, but that was purely due to me only having consoles as a kid. But I've always wanted to be a PC gamer for those reasons, and I was so happy when I finally got my first gaming PC. As a matter of fact, Killing Floor was the first game I got on it, and it was amazing.

Helmholtz

What distinguishes these games from the Left4Dead series? Are they dramatically better?
Honest question, I really know nothing about these games aside from the few screenshots I've seen.

FACE

Banned
Hey all, Wes from PC Gamer here. Let me know if you have any questions about the game I didn't answer in the article. If I know the answer from the time I spent at Tripwire, I'll do my best to respond!

Any idea when we'll see gameplay? I wanna see them gibs.

DerpAlert

Neo Member
What distinguishes these games from the Left4Dead series? Are they dramatically better?
Honest question, I really know nothing about these games aside from the few screenshots I've seen.

They are different, very different. Killing Floor would more closely resemble COD Zombies than Left4Dead. L4D is more of a run and gun to get from point A to point B without dying, quite arcade like. Killing Floor takes the emphasis away from the movement, and puts it all into the gun play, my god the gunplay *drools*.

And the class/perk system also changes the play style quite a bit, requiring a more diverse team with each person playing their role to overcome the tougher situations.

Hypron

You can use a mouse and a keyboard on the PS4

Yeah but you can't realistically release a game that requires kb/m on a console, so the gameplay will have to be geared towards pads unless you want your game to sell like shit.

On another note, I'm wondering where most of the game will be located. Apparently the demo level shown was located in Paris. I wonder if we'll get maps from all around Europe (or the world?) or if they'll be mainly located in France. I also hope they keep the British accents, those were so much fun to listen to. I wouldn't be against them adding other European accents either.

Helmholtz

They are different, very different. Killing Floor would more closely resemble COD Zombies than Left4Dead. L4D is more of a run and gun to get from point A to point B without dying, quite arcade like. Killing Floor takes the emphasis away from the movement, and puts it all into the gun play, my god the gunplay *drools*.

And the class/perk system also changes the play style quite a bit, requiring a more diverse team with each person playing their role to overcome the tougher situations.
Interesting. Sounds like something I might be into. I did not personally care for L4D all that much.

spiritfox

Hey all, Wes from PC Gamer here. Let me know if you have any questions about the game I didn't answer in the article. If I know the answer from the time I spent at Tripwire, I'll do my best to respond!

Are all the perks from the first game back? Can you tell us anything about the new perks?

SparkTR

This is wave-based, enemies are slower and more varied. The gameplay also feels much meatier, and there's slo-mo. The teamwork is also more passive I guess, you still have to heal each other but it's basically a group of people blasting demons together as opposed to a group of people working together. It makes it much funner in public matches.

At this point I wonder what the hell is going on with PC gaming discussion on GAF in general. It's going way beyond the usual "oh, it's a console-leaning forum" lately. A year or two ago, a Witcher thread would have been shorter than most console games of similar stature, but filled with interesting discussion. The one today was basically "I can't play this game because it doesn't have controller support".

It isn't just PC gamers sticking to PC threads only... the main conversation even IN PC game threads is just about console stuff lately.

The Beyond Earth thread indeed slowed down like crazy and was packed with PS4 talk even after the lack of an announcement. And today my heart sank when I checked GAF to see what the Unreal Tournament news was and the thread was not on the front page. Turns out it was big news all over the gaming world... except here, apparently.

Maybe it's all in my head.

Don't forget the Nvidia and Steam Universe threads.

So awesome! Killing Floor is one of the best games to always keep installed to jump into a quick game now and then. It has some of the best 'chunky' shooting feel and runs great on everything. Really excited for this.

Kinthalis

Banned
That would be fine if it didn't mean I would have to miss out on console exclusives like The Last of Us, Gears of War, Catherine, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, God of War, Halo, Shenmue, PowerStone, Tekken Tag 2, Twisted Metal, etc the list goes on. I got deep roots in console gaming dating back to the 80's man. Never gonna give that up for just one platform.

So price is your barrier to PC gaming... but you mention exlcusives on like 3 consoles...

Again, for the money you'd save on PC games over a generation you can afford 2 top of the line PC's, yet most people do ok with just one. So you have one PC, and a console or two as well... You do know it's not a one thing or the other, right? The PC police won't come and knock down your door just because you own a console too ;)

I really hope the game doesn't become F2P, and that they don't start selling weapons as DLC. Weapon and character reskins are all fine, but putting certain unique weapons behind a paywall for a paid game really soured my liking for KF1.

ArjanN

At this point I wonder what the hell is going on with PC gaming discussion on GAF in general. It's going way beyond the usual "oh, it's a console-leaning forum" lately. A year or two ago, a Witcher thread would have been shorter than most console games of similar stature, but filled with interesting discussion. The one today was basically "I can't play this game because it doesn't have controller support".

It isn't just PC gamers sticking to PC threads only... the main conversation even IN PC game threads is just about console stuff lately.

The Beyond Earth thread indeed slowed down like crazy and was packed with PS4 talk even after the lack of an announcement. And today my heart sank when I checked GAF to see what the Unreal Tournament news was and the thread was not on the front page. Turns out it was big news all over the gaming world... except here, apparently.

Maybe it's all in my head.

In general I've seen GAF trend much more towards PC gaming the last couple of years. It's only because of the new consoles being out and the big PR machine around those that it's been somewhat counteracted. But to be honest I think even that's not having quite as much impact as the last couple of generational shifts.

In the case of Unreal Tournament I kind of feel there just isn't much to talk about given they only just started. (I realize having a more open, community involved development is kind of the point of that project though.)

Top Bottom