• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Officially Revealed!!

Tripwire hooked me up with free red orchestra 2 and while it wasn't necessarily for me I will give this one a go because this game seems to have a good following.

BBboy20

So, are we GAFers gonna' make clans or what?

Oh my god, finally ... took them bloody long enough.
Unless you done everything there is to do in KF1, plenty of us still haven't.

Hey all, Wes from PC Gamer here. Let me know if you have any questions about the game I didn't answer in the article. If I know the answer from the time I spent at Tripwire, I'll do my best to respond!
Are all the weapons and characters from 1 returning?

We have to trick the console players into being interested.

It strikes me as very strange. You would think a hardcore forum dedicated to the hobby would naturally gravitate toward the PC platform. Better performance, cheaper games, exclusives targeted at the demographic.
Or, at least, equal talks on all 7 platforms.

What distinguishes these games from the Left4Dead series? Are they dramatically better?
Honest question, I really know nothing about these games aside from the few screenshots I've seen.
One is an arena-shooter, the other a corridor shooter.

Happy 5th birthday Killing Floor!

KF_5yr_Anniversary_Infographic.jpg

Good. The first game hasn't aged well. It's about time for a new one

.....seriously? I just built a new gaming PC, first thing i did was reinstall Killing Floor. Game has aged like a fine wine man. Its as good as it ever was.
I remember i bought it on release and disregarded it as an L4D knock off at first, boy was i ever wrong. L4D got boring after a while, KF is still great

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Good. The first game hasn't aged well. It's about time for a new one

Huh?

Lack of reticle in a FPS aside, it's fine for an Unreal 2004 mod. And people still play Unreal 2004 over Unreal Tournament 3/2007 so...

spiritfox

Lack of a reticle seems more a gameplay decision than anything. I like that it helps to promote less hip firing and forces the player to aim their shots. Also makes the game more hectic when you need to take down multiple big guys.

Killing Floor has such awesome gunplay. Seems like they're well aware of that and expanding that feature in the sequel, sounds excellent.

Seyavesh

Lack of a reticle seems more a gameplay decision than anything. I like that it helps to promote less hip firing and forces the player to aim their shots. Also makes the game more hectic when you need to take down multiple big guys.

it's 100% this. the iron sights don't actually make your guns more accurate- they simply allow you to actually aim carefully rather than being clutch about it.

The only gun that changes based upon the iron sight usage is the lever-action rifle iirc- it does more damage/has a higher crit rate on headshots with sights up

this was something that has been around since the original incarnation of the mod (ver 1.0 which had somewhat of a more rusted/industrial kinda theme with lots of red and pretty different lookin' monsters. retail killing floor is based off version 2.0)

Sini

it's 100% this. the iron sights don't actually make your guns more accurate- they simply allow you to actually aim carefully rather than being clutch about it.

The only gun that changes based upon the iron sight usage is the lever-action rifle iirc- it does more damage/has a higher crit rate on headshots with sights up

this was something that has been around since the original incarnation of the mod (ver 1.0 which had somewhat of a more rusted/industrial kinda theme with lots of red and pretty different lookin' monsters. retail killing floor is based off version 2.0)
That's not true. There aren't any guns that have different damage with sights. And critical hits? Where did you hear about those. There aren't any random criticals in here.

I loved the fuck out of Killing Floor, I can't wait for this. Besides Sanctum 2, it's definitely my favorite co-op game on PC. The gore/dismemberment system sounds amazing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Please don't be a DLC fest with weapons, loved KF1 but the weapon-locked DLC in its latter life kinda ruined it.

Decado

Awesome. Love that soldier of fortune is inspiration. These guys could very well get it. Wish there was a single player game with this tech.

Top Bottom