• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

NotLiquid

Only just played this game for the first time a few days ago and I have to say that thread title is so apt since I turn the music off and put on Shaun of the Dead's score instead while playing.

I also stick with the Winchester as long as I can when playing Sharpshooter despite realizing I'm a detriment to my friends.

What's Gunslinger like? Commando was guns blazing, and medic has been an awesome support unit for me. Haven't tried the others.

It's all about mobility, headshots and swapping between various dual handguns. First class I leveled high and it was fun. They gain access to Rack Em Up, which lets you do up to 50% extra damage as long as you're consistently doing headshots.

High mobility and DPS, but fragile, no AoE and can't really get out if caught.

Nowhere close to how slow it was in the original though lol. I like this system a lot more. 25 seems to be the highest level?

Yep, 25.

I definitely prefer 25 levels to the 6 that were in Killing Floor 1, it took forever to level up your perks in that game and you couldn't just play normally, you had to focus on specific things.

Van Bur3n

What's Gunslinger like? Commando was guns blazing, and medic has been an awesome support unit for me. Haven't tried the others.

I'd say in terms of damage, Gunslinger is one of the perks up there can can dish out the most, along with Support, Sharpshooter, and Demo. The 500 magnums can do crazy damage.

I've been doing more Sharpshooter lately with a combination of the good old crossbow and EBR. As always, it's a very good class for killing large zeds quick before they even get close. That stunning skill with the crossbow makes it work exactly like the first game.

Got Commando up to 25. The last perk where you reload in real-time and switch weapons 2x faster in ZED time is crazy awesome, especially for someone like me who constantly reloads even when not necessary.

I love the cardboard box armor, might pick it up to support the developers since I got it for free. It reminds me of the Awesome-O episode of South Park every time I see it.

What are everyone's thoughts on "dialing it back" for the sake of the team? I had a Firebug complaining to me starting in round 3 because I had twice as many kills as anyone else and was "hogging all the dosh". I mean, I know it's hard to get them good guns out with little dosh, but I'm always generous with my extra when I have it. Just thought it was weird to be yelled at for doing good killing.

Got Commando up to 25. The last perk where you reload in real-time and switch weapons 2x faster in ZED time is crazy awesome, especially for someone like me who constantly reloads even when not necessary.

I love the cardboard box armor, might pick it up to support the developers since I got it for free. It reminds me of the Awesome-O episode of South Park every time I see it.

What are everyone's thoughts on "dialing it back" for the sake of the team? I had a Firebug complaining to me starting in round 3 because I had twice as many kills as anyone else and was "hogging all the dosh". I mean, I know it's hard to get them good guns out with little dosh, but I'm always generous with my extra when I have it. Just thought it was weird to be yelled at for doing good killing.

I don't see a point in dialing it back when the game lets you give money to people who need it.

I have the cardboard box armor and it's pretty good, you can even see the cardboard box sleeves in first-person.

So much fun with this right now. Hehehe.

"Oh man, I'm ready. I hope there's like 30 of them."
OzsVNtR.gif

"Yeaahhhhhh!!!!!!!OMG!!!OHhhhh!!!"

kendrid

Banned
New PS4 player here. The game is fun when it works. When it lags I lose all control and my player either spins or strafes until the lag stops. Usually I am dead or near dead by then.

I've had a few lag free matches with other players that were good and it was a lot of fun. I will keep playing and hopefully they work out the server issues.

Mossybrew

Meh, I don't know how anyone would have the patience to get to high level on these classes, game is just one-note and too repetitive for my tastes. Got a few hours of entertainment out of it and moved on.

Gator86

Meh, I don't know how anyone would have the patience to get to high level on these classes, game is just one-note and too repetitive for my tastes. Got a few hours of entertainment out of it and moved on.

It's just a really fun game that feels good to play. I have every class in the teens and one at 25. The experience curve is pretty crazy for the last few levels but you move up incredibly quickly until the late teens.

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother trying to finish the weekly's any more.

Changing it to suicidal was fucking stupid. Tripwire has killed any interest I had in playing the weekly.

If you aren't level 20 or up don't even bother

Figured I'd give them one more chance and tried the new weekly as I thought the large heads would make headshots easier.

Nope.

Don't understand Tripwire. They basically are saying to a good portion of their audience (including every single person who buys the game during the STEAM sale) to fuck off, you don't get to participate in the summer event.

Gator86

The Summer Event is not up yet on PS4?

They dropped the ball hard on this game on PS4:

-No fix for corner glitching
-Game freezes for a lot of people if you even try to join a vs game
-No new content
-Severe matchmaking issues for weeks after PS+ launch
-Terrible loot system

Any tips for Bobble Zed?

I'm getting spanked as a Lv20 Gunslinger. Setup is pretty much optimized for kiting and headshots. Bloats take forever to kill. I think I could empty dual Revolvers + single Magnum on its head and it still lives.

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother trying to finish the weekly's any more.

Changing it to suicidal was fucking stupid. Tripwire has killed any interest I had in playing the weekly.

If you aren't level 20 or up don't even bother

To do suicidal difficulty, you really should be level 15+. 20+ for HOE. The weeklys are tough, but thats the point. If it was easy, why bother? Its also not so much about having a high level, but the right class. A lvl 15 sharpshooter is perfect for the bobble head event, whereas a lvl 25 demo or Medic isnt going to be as effective. Its taken me a few tries but ive finished all of them, with randoms. Its not that hard. Get a good team and youre fine.

Seems like the summer sideshow is coming to PS4 soon, tripwire just tweeted an announcement is incoming. Its been great fun on PC, PS4 owners are in for a treat.

BigEmil

-No new content
-Terrible loot system
Yeah it's a shame. This could've been a big hit on PS4 but the launch issues etc and some other ones after made people not interested in it anymore so they uninstalled it and likely never try playing it again

To do suicidal difficulty, you really should be level 15+. 20+ for HOE. The weeklys are tough, but thats the point. If it was easy, why bother? Its also not so much about having a high level, but the right class. A lvl 15 sharpshooter is perfect for the bobble head event, whereas a lvl 25 demo or Medic isnt going to be as effective. Its taken me a few tries but ive finished all of them, with randoms. Its not that hard. Get a good team and youre fine.

Seems like the summer sideshow is coming to PS4 soon, tripwire just tweeted an announcement is incoming. Its been great fun on PC, PS4 owners are in for a treat.

That isn't the point. At the time of my post my highest level perk was 11.

A few things happen when you are low level and try to join a group of higher level players in trying to tackle a difficulty that is designed for perk levels higher than yours.

1. You die rather quickly
  2. The vote kick you out because you're a liability

What about all the people who bought the game during the sale thinking they'd be able to take part in the Summer Sideshow. Do you realistically see people with perk levels 5 and under playing suicidal weekly challenges?

Gator86

How do you even dodge that one boss rocket launcher's attack? Man!

As soon as he starts messing with his arm, you just have to break line of sight ASAP. It's good to generally know where nearby cover is when fighting the Patriarch.

Yeah it's a shame. This could've been a big hit on PS4 but the launch issues etc and some other ones after made people not interested in it anymore so they uninstalled it and likely never try playing it again

Yeah, it's depressing. This should have been a big hit and they just kind of shit the bed with it. I'm hoping the new content will hit soon at least.

That isn't the point. At the time of my post my highest level perk was 11.

A few things happen when you are low level and try to join a group of higher level players in trying to tackle a difficulty that is designed for perk levels higher than yours.

1. You die rather quickly
  2. The vote kick you out because you're a liability

What about all the people who bought the game during the sale thinking they'd be able to take part in the Summer Sideshow. Do you realistically see people with perk levels 5 and under playing suicidal weekly challenges?

I saw someone playing hell on earth at lvl 8. Im not saying you should, but people do do it. At lvl 11 you were only 4 levels away from realistically having a chance at doing the weekly. From 11 to 15 would take a couple hours, tops. It sucks you couldnt do them but again they are a challenge, supposed to be difficult to kep players coming back to try them. If they just handed them out to everyone at lvl5 or soemthing whats the point?

Gator86

Update just hit the PS4. Looking forward to trying it out. Hope they included fixes for the versus freezing and corner glitching.

Nesther

Update just hit the PS4. Looking forward to trying it out. Hope they included fixes for the versus freezing and corner glitching.

If by corner glitching you mean the invincibiity glitch in Outpost and Burning Paris, yeah, that's been fixed.

I wished they would change the requirements to get the hazmat suit for something more doable with a controller, but instead they kept them. Getting those steps is very hard even with mouse/keyboard with many friends. So good luck to unlock it.
I hope the event last a whole month like on PC.

-No new content
-Terrible loot system

The corner glitching is the most annoying to me - I don't really run into problems with the rest. But yeah, having someone on your team or their team just take the easy way through a mission is so annoying.

There is also a new map right?

Given the size of the update I hope there is. I don't remember seeing anything about that on the update history screen on PS4, though. Also didn't say anything about many bug fixes.

I sure hope they fix the glitch where sometimes on The Descent the last enemy doesn't spawn. Happens probably around 50% of the time for me, particularly the one section with the well in the middle.

Probably going to try Hell on Earth later. If I get that the platinum trophy will be in reach (would just need the Vs. mode trophies after that, which can probably be cheesed in a 2-player game). Anyone give HoE a shot of PS4? I can get to the boss pretty regularly on Suicidal, but my teams have only beaten the boss twice. Seems like HoE would be borderline impossible with randoms.

delSai

So whats a good way to level, if there is one? Getting to 20 already feels like its taking a long ass time and it'll be even worse for 25

So whats a good way to level, if there is one? Getting to 20 already feels like its taking a long ass time and it'll be even worse for 25

You get XP based on what difficulty you're playing on, but it only scales beyond Hard for the big zeds (scrake, flesh pound, hans/patriarch).

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
New KF2 PC update now available

We have just shipped a required update for clients and servers for Killing Floor 2. The changelog is as follows:

Fixed an issue where spectators could get credit for weekly objectives
Fixed Zed time Reload not triggering properly
Fixed Fleshpounds not spawning enraged on suicidal and Hell on Earth
Fixed a case where Anton’s head would disappear with cosmetic customizations
Fixed a community map issue where zeds and players could fall through the world
Fixed Gunslinger perk reloading slowly in ZED time when Fanfire is picked
Fixed Weekly events not loading on Linux Servers

Sini

[TW]Stone;243296241 said:
New KF2 PC update now available

We have just shipped a required update for clients and servers for Killing Floor 2. The changelog is as follows:

Fixed an issue where spectators could get credit for weekly objectives
Fixed Zed time Reload not triggering properly
Fixed Fleshpounds not spawning enraged on suicidal and Hell on Earth
Fixed a case where Anton’s head would disappear with cosmetic customizations
Fixed a community map issue where zeds and players could fall through the world
Fixed Gunslinger perk reloading slowly in ZED time when Fanfire is picked
Fixed Weekly events not loading on Linux Servers

Toggle sprint

So are the carnival-themed enemies going to be used on all maps for the duration of the summer event on PS4? Small gripe but I prefer the original models (plus the new Siren's weird droning sound is truly haunting, as is the model itself). Be nice if they were just in the carnival level.

Poundemonium is nuts. Can't really find a full game but tried it with one other friend and it was brutal.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Toggle sprint

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed this along internally but we're looking for more clarity, if you could. Are you looking to press SHIFT once, let go and it's set to sprint instead of always holding down SHIFT?

thanks!

[TW]Stone;243362664 said:
Thanks for the feedback. I've passed this along internally but we're looking for more clarity, if you could. Are you looking to press SHIFT once, let go and it's set to sprint instead of always holding down SHIFT?

thanks!

That's how toggle sprint works in other games, so I'd assume that's what he meant.

Press SHIFT while you're moving and it puts you into sprint until you stop moving or press SHIFT again.

Sini

[TW]Stone;243362664 said:

thanks!
Thanks, I've been posting about this for months. Even before it came out of EA, but not here.

Press shift once to sprint, stop moving or press again to stop, pretty much just like with toggle ADS. (I use hold to aim in fast paced games like KF)

I really want this because sprinting is so common in this game it makes my hand hurt holding the key for so long. Games with lot of sprinting instead of it being just in short bursts tend to have it toggle-able which helps a lot. I'm sure it also helps accessibility in some way.

Just wanted to give a congrats to Tripwire on Summer Showdown. It's about the most I've played Killing Floor 2 in a period and I've had the game since day one of early access. It started to feel like KF1 again, with the map objectives and rewards for completion. The introduction of the weeklies were a good surprise as well. I haven't been a fan of everything you guys have done with KF2, especially in regards to taking the exploitative Valve approach to lootboxes that only works due to the clout Valve has, but it was nice actually being able to just earn something in-game again. The faster drop timer had me playing more often, so I ended up getting Sharpshooter to max level and Gunslinger to level 20, I ended up getting about 50~ drops total, with 20 of them being crates (ugh) and 31 being tickets, including a golden ticket! Unfortunately I got the witch doctor hat three times in my ticket redemptions, but alas, it's an improvement.

I'll second Sini's sprint toggle suggestion, since there's no real penalty to having sprint held down at all times anyway so there might as well be an always sprint option.

Another thing is to loosen up cosmetic compatibilities -- in fact, I'd say just remove the restrictions altogether since there's already a well known means of working around it to use incompatible ones together anyway, this'll just be much more convenient.

So are the carnival-themed enemies going to be used on all maps for the duration of the summer event on PS4? Small gripe but I prefer the original models (plus the new Siren's weird droning sound is truly haunting, as is the model itself). Be nice if they were just in the carnival level.

Poundemonium is nuts. Can't really find a full game but tried it with one other friend and it was brutal.

Yeah, the new Siren is equally terrifying and ludicrous. It kills me more than the old Siren because it sounds far away when it is right behind me.

So just out of curiosity, how big is the PS4 community on here? Been playing alone and with randoms for a while now because no one else I know owns the game on console. Is there much of a console scene at all (only ever played 1 on pc, so I always had the steam community to fall back on for that one).

Top Bottom