• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Review Thread [Update: Reviews In OP]

Alucrid

Banned
Jeeze. At first I thought, "I don't need another bro-dude shooter. I can hold off on this for a bit." But now these reviews...arrrrgh.

Alastor

Mr. Pointy said:
Fun fact: Killzone 1 was the biggest selling game of all time in Poland.
Best-selling on PS2, maybe. I remember reading something like that a few years ago. On all platforms? No way in hell that's true, PC games sells the best here.

spats

PuppetMaster said:
One could say Killzone MP has a lot of polish.

rimshot.gif

Wait, Killzone 3 is already out? Where's the hype for it? Seriously, this came out of nowhere for me. Normally, there would be 50 different threads here talking about the game. It felt like the game was only unveiled a few months ago.

Cow Mengde said:
Wait, Killzone 3 is already out? Where's the hype for it? Seriously, this came out of nowhere for me. Normally, there would be 50 different threads here talking about the game. It felt like the game was only unveiled a few months ago.

It comes out in a month. So plenty of time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cow Mengde said:

It's not out 'til late Feb.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If all the reviews say this game is just a prettier version of a game we have all played before, I will pass. I prefer something besides graphics to be the sales pitch for games in what remains of this generation.

iratA

Review summary only confirms my day 1 purchase. Going to get that Sharpshooter attachment too. I've seen it in 2 colours actually a light grey/white and a red colour don't know which one I'll be getting though.

Hela

Yoboman said:
Im surprised the audio is so low, the sound effects have been fantastic from what I've heard
They might have been scoring it based on the polish dubbing, so there's that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
iratA said:
Review summary only confirms my day 1 purchase. Going to get that Sharpshooter attachment too. I've seen it in 2 colours actually a light grey/white and a red colour don't know which one I'll be getting though.

I think you just saw the US and EU models. They differ in color. The red one is EU I believe.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
JB1981 said:
When are they going to blow the lid on multiplayer
bet is sucks
You should be playing BC2 with me now and then we can test the KZ3 MP against a proper background. ;)

scitek

BeeDog said:
I agree. The sound in the beta impressed me greatly; one of the few games that can stand up against BC2.

I, too, thought the beta sounded fantastic compared to most other games. *shrug*

ZeroRay

butter_stick said:
Sort of surprising a world exclusive gets 9/10. One would certainly expect more, US reviews may be a bit harsher?

Playstation: The Official Magazine did the world exclusive KZ2 review and it was a 9/10 too. That game reviewed well overall too so I'm not worried.

Edit: UK magazine.

Firewire

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
If all the reviews say this game is just a prettier version of a game we have all played before, I will pass. I prefer something besides graphics to be the sales pitch for games in what remains of this generation.

-Improved graphics
-New Helghast enemies
-More varied environment's (Helghan jungle/ Ice level for instance)
-Move support
-3D support
-New multiplayer modes

Dambrosi

Banned
Castor Krieg said:
As someone mentioned - DMC3 and TR:A are full games available on a DVD bundled with the magazine. CD-Action is well known for this, they've been doing this since the beginning. Personally I detest them for that, the magazine always sounded more like selling games with extra print stuff, than the other way around.
What?! Legally? If so, how do I get my hands on this?

kamil

Neo Member
Dambrosi said:
What?! Legally? If so, how do I get my hands on this?

You can subscribe the magazine online if you really want to (link). You would pay around 10$ per magazine depending on delivery method and where you live (compared to around 4$ if you live in Poland). But the games are quite old and I think you could buy them pretty cheap anyway. I personally haven't bought this magazine for around 3 or 4 years. Next month's magazine include Resident Evil 4 and Kane & Lynch.

-viper-

Banned
Firewire said:
-Improved graphics
-New Helghast enemies
-More varied environment's (Helghan jungle/ Ice level for instance)
-Move support
-3D support
-New multiplayer modes
You forgot: 10 times bigger levels.

Cornbread78

PuppetMaster said:
One could say Killzone MP has a lot of polish.

By "polish" did they fix the ridiculas spawn camping from the beta, which made the game unplayable for most people? (from what I heard)

Lince

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Have they said if there will be a game browser yet or is it all roll-the-dice matchmaking?

confirmed to be matchmaking only, which is a real shame. Apparently browsing the custom games list was too hard for us gamers to handle so they took that out. Bastards.

BeeDog said:
I agree. The sound in the beta impressed me greatly; one of the few games that can stand up against BC2.

It could be because voice acting gets bundled up in "audio." And the VO in the last game was atrocious, aside from Brian Cox.

Top Bottom