• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOCK

Looks good graphically, but that's about it.

Was hoping that with this not being numbered it would be more experimental, but this seems very linear and traditional.

Looks good, but I'm not that impressed honestly.

Hopefully just a rough demo.

As expected however, it trumps Crysis 3 easily. But hey, that's next-gen right there so naturally my expectations have gone up.

Yeah, it trumps Crysis 3 on everything except a PC. Need to see a direct feed.

Eideka

Banned
That CANT be real gameplay. Must be pre rendered just like they did with KZ2.

No, it's real and that's in line with what I expect from a next-gen leap.

Bring on Uncharted naow.

Yeah, it trumps Crysis 3 on everything except a PC
What ? Crysis 3 PC looks like a Gameboy game in comparison.

It's not even in the same league, I wonder at what resolution the game will run though.

REV 09

pretty good, not amazing. well below Crysis 3 imo. a decent step above ps3. The game itself looks really cool though. i love the new art direction.

Sethos

Banned
Perhaps it could be the gameplay that looks the same ol' same ol'. I was impressed with the Drive game, but still can't get impressed with Killzone.

People always keep harping on about innovation, bla bla bla. It's a damn shooter, you shoot stuff and that's what people who likes to play shooters wants. Yes, we can argue how open a game like that should be or how it plays at the core but it sounds like it's not a game for you and you don't like shooters generally.

Fuck I'm sick of that argument.

Venfayth

A person, who shall remain nameless, claimed the Killzone gameplay section ran consistently under 30fps. It really didn't seem like that to me. What do you guys think?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's realtime

via FB
"We proudly present Killzone Shadow Fall. Live Demo running on PlayStation 4!"

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ej5SvY7.jpg

I was watching the stream, and thinking, 'this looks current gen. Must be the stream quality.' And damn, it was, because that looks impressive.

Eideka

Banned
And it's only (most likely) a launch game O__O

I like the feeling of having been right all along, you know when you and I were labeled as insane because we wanted something much more impressive than Crysis 3, SW1313 or WD at launch ?

Who's laughing now ? Us.

A person, who shall remain nameless, claimed the Killzone gameplay section ran consistently under 30fps. It really didn't seem like that to me. What do you guys think?
They have time to optimize it, no worries there.

Sadly, the gameplay does not impress me at all. Not yet but that's fine.

FACE

Banned
I saw some crappy shadows on the ground, and the animation of that dude running down the stairs was pretty crappy. Probably real.

Looks good graphically, but that's about it.

Was hoping that with this not being numbered it would be more experimental, but this seems very linear and traditional.

It looked boring. There was nothing in that video that made me think wow, they are really pushing the genre forward. The end where he is hanging on the rope shooting just made me groan. Looked just like standard CoD/BF campaign stuff.

Derrick01

Banned
Perhaps it could be the gameplay that looks the same ol' same ol'. I was impressed with the Drive game, but still can't get impressed with Killzone.

How do you make a shooter that does anything more than setpieces and shooting, at least in single player?

If anything it should be more open probably. They shouldn't tease us with that draw distance and not let us run around in it.

The video looked smooth to me. :-/

Yeah same. I thought I saw a few drops but it could have been the stream.

What ? Crysis 3 PC looks like a Gameboy game in comparison.

It's not even in the same league, I wonder at what resolution the game will run though.

This post, along with your "8gb of fast ram means PS4 games will look way better than anything else" post in the other PS4 thread, means you probably aren't a serious poster.

I like the feeling of having been right all along, you know when you and I were labeled as insane because we wanted something much more impressive than Crysis 3, SW1313 or WD at launch ?

Who's laughing now ? Us.

Actually I remember being laughed at simply for expecting WD and SW1313 in the forms they were shown.

The PS4 will easily be able to run those games. Crow is served lol.

Lanark

I thought the game looked fantastic. Probably better than Crysis 3, and at the very least a huge step up from current gen. I would be extremely happy if first gen games looked like this (most probably won't).

The gameplay looked a bit dull, especially for such a directed demo.

Eideka

Banned
This post, along with your "8gb of fast ram means PS4 games will look way better than anything else" post in the other PS4 thread, means you probably aren't a serious poster.

You are seriously going to tell me that this KZ 4 demo was not MUCH more impressive than Crysis 3 maxed out ?

Of course it is !! Crysis 3 on PC does not target those kind of specs, and it's completely stupid for people to have claimed that next-gen consoles shoudn't hope to match those visuals. Hahaha not only they will crush the bar set by Crytek....But they will do IT AT LAUNCH.

Sooooooo Gooooooooooooooood.

I see overly scripted shooters that take control away from you every 2 minutes aren't going anywhere. At least they'll look better.

plank

Will next next gen get better than this or is this the highest the fidelity you think will be going forward.

Lanark

I thought the game looked fantastic. Probably better than Crysis 3, and at the very least a huge step up from current gen. I would be extremely happy if first gen games looked like this (most probably won't).

The gameplay looked a bit dull, especially for such a directed demo.

Eideka

Banned
A new visual bar has been set. All hail the new graphic king.

Crysis 3 is now history, thank you Sony for having shut Yerli's fat mouth.

Will next next gen get better than this or is this the highest the fidelity you think will be going forward.

Come on, of course it's going to get better and better. While Killzone 3 looked fantastic I expect a good bit better looking games down the line.

Rocket786

Bow down to GG. Once seeing those direct feed screens, I must say that this looks like the best graphics I've seen. The PS4 is delivering in spades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom