• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enemy types I saw in that trailer:

Infiltrator (can disguise as an enemy soldier), sniper and heavy weapons guy (had a force shield)

the enemy in that pic was holding an npc hostage inside the destroyed building

yea looks like the medic

Yeah iirc that picture was present in one of the background of those presentation pdf slides but the official picture wasn't released until now.

hPzLWeo.jpg

another one

looks like a mag shoot, the model still looks old

Yeah iirc that picture was present in one of the background of those presentation pdf slides but the official picture wasn't released until now.

oh cool!

i-Lo

Rangers (B3D) is our own specialguy. He's probably the biggest 360 troll out there on B3D.

Given B3D does not have the same sign up requisite as GAF, banning him from there would only make him come back with a new username. A troll like that is special. That said, I just hope he has been perm'd here.

new pic from metalmurphy, this enemy type wasn't present in the initial assault :p

Wow, in terms of details, that looks fantastic. Sadly, most of it will not perhaps be this apparent when things are in motion and hectic.

Also, and forgive me for being off topic: Oh how I wish we got a proper SW RPG with detail and fidelity close to this. Either that or a Stargate game. ;__;

waypoetic

Banned
I don't know if Guerrilla is following their own lore, i mean, why is the Helghasts wearing their breathing gear in KZ2 and KZ3? According to the lore they've adapted to the climat on Helghan and they can breathe without the masks - but the soldiers apparently wear 'em as a symbol. But now, they're on Vekta, they can't breathe the air on Vekta...? Or are the soldiers still at it with the Helghast military symbol?

And ffs GG, you better show us some Helghast civilians. This is getting stupid.

I don't know if Guerrilla is following their own lore, i mean, why is the Helghasts wearing their breathing gear in KZ2 and KZ3? According to the lore they've adapted to the climat on Helghan and they can breathe without the masks - but the soldiers apparently wear 'em as a symbol. But now, they're on Vekta, they can't breathe the air on Vekta...? Or are the soldiers still at it with the Helghast military symbol?

And ffs GG, you better show us some Helghast civilians. This is getting stupid.

Just think of them like the Quarians in Mass effect, their bodies have probably adapted to breathing in cleaner air thanks to the masks. taking it off might cause illness or death :p

i-Lo

notice the model, they are trying to put as much detail as possible. even unnecessary.those bumps and "wires" would be out if the game had any problem running.....
cant wait for exclusives in 2+ years

Yea, as the years go on by resources will be moved around to see what fits the bill better overall.

This kind of reminds of Perfect Dark Zero's amazingly detailed textures.

In the end it's all about time and its passage that'll bring out the best from the machine.

jonnyp

I just read a comment on Beyond3D with a guy named "Rangers" saying he STILL feels KZ: shadow fall looks like a PS3 game (in a thread stating Naughty Dog and GG are using scheduling techniques for PS4, like they did on PS3) He said, aah, I thought it looked like PS3+ ?...
Are people that fucking blind? This game is looking phenomenal!

He's a moron. The game looks stunning to me.

SpaceNun

Banned
HOW can people not be excited about this game and its multiplayer? I game on PC and THIS here game has me ball locked to my computer until release.

After KZ3 I think this team learned its lesson. It's going to be extraordinary at launch. Gonna be so much fun. Unless the world dies in a nuclear explosion before that I am set.

HOW can people not be excited about this game and its multiplayer? I game on PC and THIS here game has me ball locked to my computer until release.

After KZ3 I think this team learned its lesson. It's going to be extraordinary at launch. Gonna be so much fun. Unless the world dies in a nuclear explosion before that I am set.

this studio has a lot to learn. they fucked up killzone 3's multiplayer real good. Like someone said earlier, the multiplayer map design in that game is simply AWFUL. Also, the multiplayer in KZ3 has serious team balancing issues, and its way easy to spawn kill a team into submission.

I thought KZ3 SP was an ok, I liked it more than Resistance 3 and Crysis 2 and 3 but that's not saying much.

they need to learn from the top fps game developers like Valve and Bungie

bennyc12

Because KZ2 and KZ3, while pretty, are just generic space marine/bro shooters with a pretty coat of paint on top.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
this studio has a lot to learn. they fucked up killzone 3's multiplayer real good. Like someone said earlier, the multiplayer map design in that game is simply AWFUL. Also, the multiplayer in KZ3 has serious team balancing issues, and its way easy to spawn kill a team into submission.

I thought KZ3 SP was an ok, I liked it more than Resistance 3 and Crysis 2 and 3 but that's not saying much.

they need to learn from the top fps game developers like Valve and Bungie
Thankfully the KZ2 MP director is back.

SpaceNun

Banned
Would prefer it to be 60 fps with less details, at least in multiplayer.

Bleh, if they don't have a handle on 60 FPS then they don't. Putting that much detail scaled back for multiplayer would require a lot of work and it would be totally stupid.

30FPS plus rock solid motion blur is just fucking fine.

Indeed and anybody who doesn't think that KZ2 multiplayer rocked was never any good at it. Some of the best times back in the day and they look to repeat that.

yea I agree there was something special about the multiplayer in KZ2. But still they need to learn a lot from Valve and Bungie in terms of making a SP FPS game.

Personally, Half Life 2 and Halo I are two of the best single player FPS's I have played.

Wow, those new screenshots look beautiful!
Ive been searching the internet daily for new pics of DriveClub and KZ:SF and found none. So that quenched my thirst! Thankyou :)
June 10th I await thee!!!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guerrilla Cambridge is the development team behind Killzone: Mercenary. The 3rd mystery team is supposedly making the WRPG.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Indeed and anybody who doesn't think that KZ2 multiplayer rocked was never any good at it. Some of the best times back in the day and they look to repeat that.

KZ2 mp was perhaps the best mp of this generation.

If they can recapture that magic, then we are in for a treat very early on in this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom