• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall - No splash screens, no logos, no epilepsy warning. Just game.

Eusis

If there was a legal angle I imagine it was purely of the contractual sort: settle out of court, but on the condition warnings are added. So it's not some law that applies to everyone, just some crap specific to them. But I guess there could be time limits, system limits, or as stated just an anal retentive move to cover their asses they ease up on once the coast is clear enough.

SRTtoZ

Lol what good is the epilepsy warning in the credits? Not that it matters to me I just find it funny.

Also, Batman Origins has about 7 or 8 splash screens before the game begins and all are unskippable. Fucking atrocious.

Ledsen

As a pc gamer i always delete/hack away intro movies, I'm glad console players will get to experience it at least for one game.

Don't most games have them? I'm sure people with seizures are by now well aware of what to avoid.

Exactly. They've had epilepsy warnings for what, like over 2 decades now? If someone with epilepsy seriously isn't aware of the potential risk then they probably aren't even interested in gaming in the first place. I think the warning is even on a lot of game boxes and console boxes IIRC.

mitch1971

You know who cares that Havok are providing the physics for a game? That's right, Havok. The more this crap is taken from the beginning of a game the better. Well done guys.

peace

Neo Member
isn't it a bit late putting epilepsy warnings in the credits? What about all the new gamers with epilepsy, what if Shadow Fall was their first game?

isn't it a bit late putting epilepsy warnings in the credits? What about all the new gamers with epilepsy, what if Shadow Fall was their first game?

Yeah, some crazy shit going in that game.

avtshu.gif

pottuvoi

Banned
isn't it a bit late putting epilepsy warnings in the credits?
Why?
Having warning on console startup isn't enough?
Someone magically might forget that he has epilepsy during that time?

Why not just put constant epilepsy warning on screen..
Perhaps it would annoy enough people so we would finally get a bloody on/off setting for those unnecessary warnings..

AndyD

aka andydumi
I wonder if Sony will push for this type of treatment on all their first party games as another way to push and differentiate from third parties.

Top Bottom