• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Maximo

Wow, congrats to them!

The day is full of celebrations!

giphy.gif

How long have they been dating again? Feels like yesterday..or years since he talks about her every second haha anyway good for him.

Colin with not even a word or mention of his friends as he leaves. And I'm guessing this means he wasn't at the wedding either. I was trumpeting the "things are fine" between them but this basically says it all... really just breaks my heart.
Shame how it ended.

Really happy for Greg though. He looks happier than I've ever seen him

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Colin with not even a word or mention of his friends as he leaves. And I'm guessing this means he wasn't at the wedding either. I was trumpeting the "things are fine" between them but this basically says it all... really just breaks my heart.
Shame how it ended.

Really happy for Greg though. He looks happier than I've ever seen him
Just because Colin didn't make a twitter post about it doesn't mean he didn't congratulate him by calling him or texting him. We don't know everything those guys do and maybe Colin doesn't feel like he needs to be public about it?

Just because Colin didn't make a twitter post about it doesn't mean he didn't congratulate him by calling him or texting him. We don't know everything those guys do and maybe Colin doesn't feel like he needs to be public about it?

Not at all. I've actually been one of the people preaching privacy when everyone wanted to know the inner workings of what went down. It's their business. They don't owe anyone anything, let alone an explanation.

I'm just reading between the lines which I consider myself good at and it seems obvious to me things ended rougher than I hoped/initially thought.

And on the topic of personal lives, when a group of people like this make content that's so personal and connected to them and their relationships and stories it kind of becomes natural for people to care and speculate. Not saying that being angry at them for not sharing is justified, but I understand the curiousity.

In any case I wish them all well.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Not at all. I've actually been one of the people preaching privacy when everyone wanted to know the inner workings of what went down. It's their business. They don't owe anyone anything, let alone an explanation.

I'm just reading between the lines which I consider myself good at and it seems obvious to me things ended rougher than I hoped/initially thought.

And on the topic of personal lives, when a group of people like this make content that's so personal and connected to them and their relationships and stories it kind of becomes natural for people to care and speculate. Not saying that being angry at them for not sharing is justified, but I understand the curiousity.

In any case I wish them all well.
I totally get where you're coming from. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Icolin

Banned
Wow, congrats to Greg and Gen!

Haven't posted/lurked here or watched KF in awhile, so this seems pretty out of the blue to me! Wish them all the best.

Wow, congrats to Greg and Gen!

Haven't posted/lurked here or watched KF in awhile, so this seems pretty out of the blue to me! Wish them all the best.

To them, probably no. To us, yes. They just announced a week or so ago that Gen was moving to SF. Then, they showed off their apartment. Clearly, this was in the works for a while (in fact it was, according to Greg). The secret was well kept!

AndyVirus

I actually thought it was a typical Greg joke at first since they've only been dating 8(?) months. But Gen is lovely so good luck to 'em.

Thorrgal

Shame how it ended.

I always thought that after some weeks things would end this way, because the guys would realize that Colin was that one that betrayed them by leaving.

Even Nick asked him if he made the tweet on purpose to have an excuse to leave, insisting that maybe he did it on a subconscious level. Colin denied it, but I did thought about that even before Nick mentioned it.

Sometimes really close friendships end like a marriages...too close, many regrets left unspoken etc It happened to me and I've seen it happen.

I think time will eventually heal the wounds, but the way life works on the states, where people leave friends and family behind all the time I don't see them being good friends again

LiK

The only thing I miss about Colin is that he won't be there to tell people to play DanganRonpa V3 when that comes out. He's the only fan there. But other than that, I don't miss him or his political views.

The only thing I miss about Colin is that he won't be there to tell people to play DanganRonpa V3 when that comes out. He's the only fan there. But other than that, I don't miss him or his political views.

That and defending Mario Sunshine.

ST2K

Colin clearly added an important element to KF that will be missed. He appreciated retro games with solid mechanics, JRPGs, and was pretty good about not being an apologist for game publishers. Tim and Greg really lack those tastes.

With all that being said, it was pretty clear he was cashed out and farming it in at the end. His final show also revealed he doesn't think much of the profession at this point in his life. You shouldn't force a dude to stay who thinks that way. It was clear he needed to go, tweet controversy or not.

It's funny to me that they got married this quickly, given how much Colin & Greg used to shit on marriage in general (always got the "been there, done that, won't make that mistake again" vibe from Greg). That said, they both look incredibly happy and they deserve it! What a super exciting time for them.

It's funny to me that they got married this quickly, given how much Colin & Greg used to shit on marriage in general (always got the "been there, done that, won't make that mistake again" vibe from Greg). That said, they both look incredibly happy and they deserve it! What a super exciting time for them.

Gen is Canadian so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with getting her into the US. Greg says there's more to the story and they started the 'process' in October which supports that. But it's obvious they love each other and I'm sure it's not *just* about that (He says he told Tim on day 1 that he was going to marry her someday)

Gen is Canadian so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with getting her into the US. Greg says there's more to the story and they started the 'process' in October which supports that. But it's obvious they love each other and I'm sure it's not *just* about that (He says he told Tim on day 1 that he was going to marry her someday)

Yeah they're obviously crazy for each other, and I'm sure the legal aspects of marriage made it a no-brainer in order to make sure Gen could stay in the US.

I am quite confident in saying Gen is probably the only person looking to go from Canada to US at the moment.

Vinc

As someone who helped his girlfriend move from the US to Canada in a long, six-year process, I wish them the very best. It's a tough journey, but a rewarding one.

RedAssedApe

Banned
that was quick. not so long it seemed like he was against the whole marriage thing.

guess it just takes the right person. congrats.

Awesome to see Greg and Gen goofing around on the morning show yesterday and congrats to them on the marriage!

Also just want to drop in with some positive vibes and say that I'm really enjoying their content over the last few weeks. They've had great guests on the Gamescasts, the first few Let's Plays that Andy has edited are really funny, and I'm enjoying the overall positivity of the content as well!

commemorative. i highly doubt the official record can include anything but your real names lol

Haha yeah that's fair. Must just be something SF does? Haven't heard of commemorative marriage certificates before! In any case, that's pretty sweet that they'll have that fun little piece to hang somewhere. I know my marriage certificate is hidden away with other important documents etc.

QNFbL63.png

well that's..something.

I wanna get his interior decorator's number...

Honestly though it's strange that he'd keep bringing this up. It has some significance in terms of him doing what he is now, but really it's just reiterating his poor taste. Then again, maybe he wants to keep "fueling the fire" since that's what brought him his Patreon success in the first place.

RoKKeR

QNFbL63.png

well that's..something.

Well if that isn't obnoxious as shit.

This is like Trump continuing to talk about how he won the election. Pretty embarassing and purely ego-stroking.

Was a pretty big fan of Colin's content and perspective, but the way his personality (at least online) has degraded since the election is really unfortunate.

I mean, I know his new career was started by that, but whenever I see him still bring up that tweet, or see other people tweet him referencing it or something, I think "man, he's still living in that world huh?..." I know the KF guys are still affected by it and think about it all to some extent, but they're not "immersed" in the event anymore like Colin still seems to be. Maybe it's valid for him to bring it up on certain gigs that he gets, but considering it's linked to something so personal like that, I always felt like it would be toxic for him to keep dwelling on it.

I mean, I know his new career was started by that, but whenever I see him still bring up that tweet, or see other people tweet him referencing it or something, I think "man, he's still living in that world huh?..." I know the KF guys are still affected by it and think about it all to some extent, but they're not "immersed" in the event anymore like Colin still seems to be. Maybe it's valid for him to bring it up on certain gigs that he gets, but considering it's linked to something so personal like that, I always felt like it would be toxic to some extent to keep dwelling on it.

He clearly revels in stirring things up and eliciting reactions from people. That's what that tweet was about and he's still doing it. I mean he just made a video advocating for cultural appropriation.

I'm not even surprised anymore

N° 2048

Don't mean to drive by but I read this thread everyday.

KindaFunny is much better without Colin. Might even sub on Twitch again.

Top Bottom