• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Don't mean to drive by but I read this thread everyday.

KindaFunny is much better without Colin. Might even sub on Twitch again.

Well they did get a grill for their outside area and make barbecue (usually) once a week. That's been real fun. That seemed like a spur of the moment idea that started after Colin left.

QNFbL63.png

well that's..something.

Colin needs to switch his twitter handle to @noclass, because like school on Saturday's he has no class.

This tweet in response was great.

https://twitter.com/Kahjahkins/status/859899886535229440

(and I agree, content has been much better since he left).

Jmille99

Well if that isn't obnoxious as shit.

This is like Trump continuing to talk about how he won the election. Pretty embarassing and purely ego-stroking.

Was a pretty big fan of Colin's content and perspective, but the way his personality (at least online) has degraded since the election is really unfortunate.

Just remember, Trump hung a photo of his inauguration that had the "real" attendance. The similarity with this is hilarious.

jviggy43

I may just add another 10 dollars to KF's patreon for that shit. Show is so much better with him gone. What a child. Ironic hes just going to keep doubling down and prove all of his detractors right about him.

Maximo

Just remember, Trump hung a photo of his inauguration that had the "real" attendance. The similarity with this is hilarious.

Colin has always been narcissist and egotistical, doesn't make him "evil" but has trouble portraying empathy towards others that don't fit within his own ideals/experiences who are not within his own bubble, these qualities have been amplified to the 10th degree the last 9 months or so. Sad to see him triple down.

Nerokis

A couple of Greg's wedding photos popped up on Twitter. He and his wife make a ridiculously adorable couple. Congratulations to them :)

It's almost like Greg wanted a complete break with a chunk of his past and wanted to start anew.

Well, congrats to the happy couple. If I was in a relationship with a woman like Genevieve, I'd be marrying her as quick as possible as well.

N° 2048

One final show with Jeremy Duhnam on May 23rd. Its a bit telling, at least in my opinion, that Colin isnt coming back for the last show.

Good, don't want to see him anywhere near KF again. Dude did a 360 past few months and showed who he really is.

ghornett

Neo Member
Announcement of an announcement for KFL3.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

It's a shame the PSILY branding will go too. The key art and opening video are really really quality.

joshcam19

This is a sad day. I started watching Kinda Funny because of Beyond and now that PS ILoveYou is ending, that lineage is gone. This sucks, the gamescast has been 90% about Switch since that system launched, even with very few games coming out. I think I'm gonna stop watching most of their gaming content and stick with the gameovergreggy show for now.Easy Allies has been killing it lately, that should be a better option for gaming talk.

N° 2048

This is a sad day. I started watching Kinda Funny because of Beyond and now that PS ILoveYou is ending, that lineage is gone. This sucks, the gamescast has been 90% about Switch since that system launched, even with very few games coming out. I think I'm gonna stop watching most of their gaming content and stick with the gameovergreggy show for now.Easy Allies has been killing it lately, that should be a better option for gaming talk.

IGN has a great podcast called Game Scoop as well.

pmunk

Always appreciate Colin's viewpoint at KF, but that last tweet was sort of sad.

As long as he's happy at least.

I actually watched my first episode of Beyond in a long time the other day. Wasn't bad. It was much better than it was right after Greg left. Maybe Andrew helped bring it back a bit.
Max is unbearable at times, so Beyond is a hit or miss for me.

IGN Game Scoop, NVC (Nintendo Voice Chat), and Unlocked are all solid podcasts though.

Poutine

Banned
Always appreciate Colin's viewpoint at KF, but that last tweet was sort of sad.

As long as he's happy at least.

In Colin's Patreon update today he mentioned how he's happier than he's ever been in the last 32 years.

I'm happy for his happiness.

Mezoly

I hope their next show is good. I have lost all interest in the gamescast and the morning show is a lot to keep up with. If the next show doesn't deliver, I would probably be completely done with KF as there is nothing left for me.

ST2K

Happy that he's doing the final episode with Dunham at least. Dunham was the dude that made the whole institution and he should be there to close it out. I'm not going to turn on Colin like some of you, but there was definitely a part of me that still thought of him as the new guy on the show compared to the old crew.

_Isaac

I wonder if they'll still be at PSX without PS I Love You XOXO

I hope their next show is good. I have lost all interest in the gamescast and the morning show is a lot to keep up with. If the next show doesn't deliver, I would probably be completely done with KF as there is nothing left for me.

What's wrong with Gamescast?

Mezoly

I wonder if they'll still be at PSX without PS I Love You XOXO

What's wrong with Gamescast?

Mostly the format. I don't like the already predetermined segments. I just feel the show flow is wierd and the topics hasn't been interesting to me. I prefer something like Gamescoop much more.

jon_dojah

Banned
The KF patreon took a huge hit over the past week or so currently sitting at $23k. It was at 31k shortly after Sisqo made an appearance. The KFG patreon hit a low sitting at 17k but only down from 18-19k a couple weeks prior and the $21k high after Sisqo

Overall thats a $10-12k drop just as things seem to be getting better for KF with far less youtube dislikes and negative comments following the Colin drama.

Meanwhile Colin still holding pretty strong at $38k down from his $41k peak during his Patreon's honeymoon phase. KF and Colin are seemingly pretty neck and neck. Colin has far less content every week. I wonder if he will also see a big drop in support in the near future especially with how so many seem to find his content boring or not strong enough education wise.

The KF patreon took a huge hit over the past week or so currently sitting at $23k. It was at 31k shortly after Sisqo made an appearance. The KFG patreon hit a low sitting at 17k but only down from 18-19k a couple weeks prior and the $21k high after Sisqo

Overall thats a $10-12k drop just as things seem to be getting better for KF with far less youtube dislikes and negative comments following the Colin drama.

Meanwhile Colin still holding pretty strong at $38k down from his $41k peak during his Patreon's honeymoon phase. KF and Colin are seemingly pretty neck and neck. Colin has far less content every week. I wonder if he will also see a big drop in support in the near future especially with how so many seem to find his content boring or not strong enough education wise.
There's always the first of the month drop due to declined/canceled cards, but looking at Graphtreon, it appears there were some very large patrons that joined in left in April:

4/13: +2 Patrons, +$2,659.70
4/20: -8 Patrons, -$2,770.20
4/27: -16 Patrons, -$2,862

Since Colin left (up to today), they are down 2,222 patrons and $6,394. I am curious what kind of change will happen in the next few days following the PSILYXOXO announcement, plus whatever announcements come at KFL3.

I see a lot of people online sick of the "Nintendo Switch lovefest" that has been going on recently (though I just got one and am just as in love and totally see why they are gushing over it so much), but overall I think they are doing a good job. Regular guests should have been a thing a long time ago, I mean why stay in SF if you are not going to take advantage of all the local talent available?

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, with the death of psily, my viewership of their channel has gone down dramatically. Nothing against them, but that was the main draw for me. It would bring me to watch other videos on their channel as well. Plus I loved Colin was Right.

But yeah, seems to have tons of Nintendo stuff, no Colin (outside whatever his personal politics were) partnering with Greg, and shows that aren't really interesting to me.

I'm a playstation guy. Been following them since Beyond.

The death of their Playstation podcast I think might be the nail in the coffin for me.

I honestly wish them good luck.

A playstation podcast was the main draw of KF for me too, hoping they have something similar to replace it with. Nothing against the other platforms, i just prefer Playstation their first party and japanese games that tend to be on that platform.

Top Bottom