• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Spider Man 2 Spoilercast

Meifu

So I open this video and I need to understand something. How can you have an honest spoilercast with a developer on the show??

The entire thing is just a straight up glazing. Why would you ever have a developer on a show where you are discussing the totality of the game inside and out?

So I open this video and I need to understand something. How can you have an honest spoilercast with a developer on the show??

The entire thing is just a straight up glazing. Why would you ever have a developer on a show where you are discussing the totality of the game inside and out?
Ummm.... Why wouldn't you? Sure, everyone is probably on a honeymoon period I'd bet, but who else to give you more valuable insight? If you wanted to discuss how cool or disappointing a product is, you can do that with anyone, but if you want to maybe get a better understanding of something, talking to a creator of said thing might give you a better understanding of the intent of things.

also... It's a podcast.. Who gives a shit?

Last edited:

Fake

Is impossible when money is involved.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They gave it a 9/10. How much do you think they'd shit on it during a spoilercast without a developer present?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

What?

It's fun to have a dev as a guest on a spoilercast as you get insight into the process and why certain decisions were made. I find it fascinating.

Just honest takes. You think they are gonna say this plotnbeat was dumb or I didn’t love this part with the director sitting there?
Have you thought about the potential that maybe they are being genuine? I get it, people love conflict or seeing things held to task, but are you're essentially arguing that because it's a podcast which almost assuredly has close ties to the industry that all takes given on the podcast must be some form of marketing if they are positive? Which, you may not even be wrong on, but if you are starting to feel that way, then maybe it's time you find a new podcast that feels like it's giving you genuine takes and impressions?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Spoilercasts aren't reviews.

If anyone knows the game inside and out I'd imagine it's the person who made it.

Last edited:

Meifu

Have you thought about the potential that maybe they are being genuine? I get it, people love conflict or seeing things held to task, but are you're essentially arguing that because it's a podcast which almost assuredly has close ties to the industry that all takes given on the podcast must be some form of marketing if they are positive? Which, you may not even be wrong on, but if you are starting to feel that way, then maybe it's time you find a new podcast that feels like it's giving you genuine takes and impressions?
I don’t have to love or even regularly watch something to criticize it. I hate these lame reactions that are like “ well if u don’t like it why do u watch” God forbid I do like parts of something and callout questionable things when I see them?

I don’t have to love or even regularly watch something to criticize it. I hate these lame reactions that are like “ well if u don’t like it why do u watch” God forbid I do like parts of something and callout questionable things when I see them?
But what are they doing or saying that is questionable is my point? You only said that they have a developer on their and that you don't like it. You don't even give a reason as to why or to what was said that you find questionable. It's like you're outraged for the sake of it.

Meifu

But what are they doing or saying that is questionable is my point? You only said that they have a developer on their and that you don't like it. You don't even give a reason as to why or to what was said that you find questionable. It's like you're outraged for the sake of it.
Not at all, again criticism does not equal outrage. I’m simply pointing out that it seems odd how people will have developers on these deep dives into a game bc there’s no way your going to do anything but praise it the whole time. Interview a developer of course, but this just feels like paid for stroking

Top Bottom